Quantcast

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Had a Left Hand Brewing "Good Juju" last night. I'm a big fan of ginger so Jenn picked it up for me.

Pretty good. Not knock-you-on-the-floor great, but a dangerously drinkable beer and the ginger flavor was tasty and not overpowering.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
brew more often.....

I have two full (five gallons) kegs and one that is almost empty. I plan to brew this saturday. That beer should be kegged in four weeks.

I find that since I've been kegging my beer lasts longer. instead of killing 12 or 22 ounces of beer each time I want to sample some, I can just have half a pint or whatever. For awhile I was brewing two times a month.... :D

currently, I am drinking water.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
brew more often.....

I have two full (five gallons) kegs and one that is almost empty. I plan to brew this saturday. That beer should be kegged in four weeks.

I find that since I've been kegging my beer lasts longer. instead of killing 12 or 22 ounces of beer each time I want to sample some, I can just have half a pint or whatever. For awhile I was brewing two times a month.... :D

currently, I am drinking water.
Just means you need bigger batch sizes.

space restrictions.

i currently have three 5 gallon batches going.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Note to self: be wary of which trails to follow at Platty.
Man the fvck up.

Also, god damn it I miss Platty. The fact that I'll get, at best, 1 weekend there in the next year is a fvcking travesty.

Currently about 90% of the way through an Ale Smith Speedway. It is fvcking delicious, and I'm kinda drunk. Especially since I had a few G&Ts before it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Note to self: never ride any wooden features at Platty.
Note to self: be wary of which trails to follow at Platty.
Platty's appeal is that you never have to worry about it getting boring - You might come around a corner and find a downed tree, an unexpected 7' drop, a shoddily built wood feature, etc. Just go with the flow and enjoy the chaos!

edit: Last night - NG Dancing Man Wheat, and wife had an Uff-Da Bock. Two of my favorites from NG came back out the same day!!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Platty's appeal is that you never have to worry about it getting boring - You might come around a corner and find a downed tree, an unexpected 7' drop, a shoddily built wood feature, etc. Just go with the flow and enjoy the chaos!
most of this has changed. pre-season maintenance is improved. if a downed tree is reported, its normally removed that day.

the new wooden features are now built to much higher standards, no shoddy construction is allowed.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just back from my fave bottle shop with the following haul....
Emersons Taieri George
Mikes Organic Imperial stout
a Growler of Moa 5 Hop winter ale
Greenflash Barleywine (2010 vintage)
and a bottle of Epic Hop Zombie..... apparently Luke from Epic brewing decided that his Epic Armageddon was too tame on the hop front and has fixed that with this all out hop assault in an imperial IPA. :weee::weee::weee:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Had a Green flash 2010 Barleywine ale last night. Here's the cut and paste from my farcebook post on it....

Just having the Green flash 2010 barley wine, nope it just doesn't do it for me sorry. :o(
Interesting complex malts, lovely mouth feel and aroma, but everything is just getting smashed to the side by the sherryish very forward alcohol, it's even dominating the aggressive American hopping.
Might be better in a years time, but not now.
I much preferred their Imperial stout.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Managed to find some of the new Dogfish Head Hellhound On My Ale.

One local shop laughed at me when I asked and said they sold out in a matter of hours. The others I've been hounding (ha ha) about it and nobody knew when they were getting it. Called a shop today and he said he got two cases this morning... and when I got there I bought his last 3.

Chilling in the fridge now. :weee: