Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Earlier at a tasting I had a Waldhaus Spezial gold (helles)

Now I'm home and having Emersons Wiezenbock,

I'll follow this with a Cassels Dunkel.

Also picked up a bottle of mashup from regionals to have tomorrow.... I'll be very interested to see what this tastes like. Mashup is a collaboration beer by a whole heap of NZ craft brewers and was brewed at Epic Brewery in Auckland.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Just got back from stocking up for the weekend. Nothing too exciting, but still quality for me:

Wychwood Hobgoblin
Old Dominion Oak Barrel Stout
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (my old stand-by)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Well this is the same (or similar) to the brewing thread but right now I'm drinking:

Jeff-Drool (Moosedrool type of dark- brown ale)
English porter
Out-wit (higher gravity belgain wit with honey, orange peel, corriander and tumeric)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Drinking my lager. Damm good beer but I don't think I'll brew another. Too much wait time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Went here last night. HIGHLY recommended for any Sydney monkeys.

Had the following, in order of most to least awesome:

Rex Attitude (peat aged strong ale)
Patriot (American black ale)
Cock Socking Ball Knocking Chipotle Stout
Mike's Imperial Porter
Alpha Pale Ale
IPA is Dead Bramling X
Mildura Chocolate Hops

Quite a good night, as Tuesday nights go. :D 5 of those 7 were just 90ml samples so it's not like I went and got smashed midweek...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down Ale

I can't really put my finger on what this beer tastes like. It's a malty-hoppy-perfectly-balanced-beer-creation. I like it. Even better than the WTF.
Interesting. So sorta similar style to WTF, but better? Because that stuff rules. Have you tried Brown Sugga from them? Because that's also a weirdly balanced one that kicks tons of ass.

Liberty Brewing, Darkest Day Stout
American Stout 6% ABV

Oh man I want more of this!!!!!!
Yeah? Pretty sure the place I went last night had that bottled. May have to give it a go.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yeah? Pretty sure the place I went last night had that bottled. May have to give it a go.
I would be astonished if they did!
Liberty Brewing is a nano brewery from the back blocks of Taranaki NZ.
To date only 400L of this brew has ever been made and Jo has NEVER bottled only kegged.

The Rex Attitude isn't peat aged, it's brewed using 100% peated malt (the same as used in Scottish Whiskey). If you head back to that bar see if they have any of it's sister brew the "Pot, Kettle, Black" it's not a bad drop.

The Croucher Patriot Black IPA is pretty nice isn't it, but I prefer the Mikes Imperial IIPA over it. :thumb:

Good to see 3 of your top 5 were Kiwi brews.... Glad ya liked them.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
To date only 400L of this brew has ever been made and Jo has NEVER bottled only kegged.

The Rex Attitude isn't peat aged, it's brewed using 100% peated malt (the same as used in Scottish Whiskey). If you head back to that bar see if they have any of it's sister brew the "Pot, Kettle, Black" it's not a bad drop.

The Croucher Patriot Black IPA is pretty nice isn't it, but I prefer the Mikes Imperial IIPA over it. :thumb:

Good to see 3 of your top 5 were Kiwi brews.... Glad ya liked them.
Ok, probably misremembered the name then, I only looked over the bottle list quickly, and stuck to stuff they had on tap.

The name Pot, Kettle, Black sounds familiar but it definitely wasn't on tap. Must have been bottled, or I'm making things up again. :D Really, really, liked Patriot. Mike's IIPA wasn't available on tap, but would have given it a go had it been. From what I can gather this place has a very fluid selection, so I'll be back in a few weeks to see what's changed.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I must apologize.
It turns out that Jo has started bottling beer..... First shipment of bottled has arrived in my local bar today. :thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Brown Sugga is awesome. The UISA is a bit hoppier than the WTF.
Intrigued. Will investigate when I'm back stateside.

You tried their RIS? I can get bombers of it for four fvcking dollars at home. And it's awesome. Best deal on a great stout ever.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also, my housemate made a big ass tub of Bundaberg and ginger ale last night. That **** is the definition of vile.