Quantcast

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Had a 22oz Otter Creek Imperial IPA the other night, and it could quite possibly be the best IPA I've ever had. Stuff packed a punch.

Red Bull now (4 day Diablo trip = tired as hell), followed by some grilled honey BBQ and sweet and tangy drumsticks with potato and macaroni salad in a few minutes. Beer stash is dangerously low......

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Joe I hope you kept two tires on the ground at all times.
Well........they may have left the ground once in a while ;). Finally hit the "pro line" up top which I couldn't sack up and hit during the US Open and was haunting me ever since.

Awesome weather too, super fun weekend.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sam adams octoberfest . i'm most likely going to be ddrinking octoberfest till the season is over and the winter lager comes out .

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
last night....
great lakes oktoberfest
bells oktoberfest
tubodog
& a blue moon *gasp* which sucked hard.

oh! & a 16oz bittburger. Bitte ein Bit.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Harpoon Leviathan Saison Royale. Yuck!!!

Boo to this American brewing trend of trying to be hip by brewing big beers that are marginal.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Boo to this American brewing trend of trying to be hip by brewing big beers that are marginal.
Overall, that Leviathan series has been really good. The double IPA ranks right up there with the best of them. I have not tried the saison though and have not heard a lot of good things about it.

Smuttynose makes a good saison.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

But YAY for the American brewing trend of trying to be hip by brewing big beers that ROCK!! Aside from a Sprecher Double IPA that was marginal (at best), I'm trying to think of the last 7-8%+ beer that wasn't either "great", or "great but I bet it'll be even better after storing for a year".

Ones that I've enjoyed:
Capital Autumnal Fire
Capital Blonde Dopplebock
NG Imperial Saison
NG Iced Barley Wine
Tyranena Hop Wh0re
NG Dancing Man Wheat
Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout

Huh. There's got to be more, maybe I'm just remembering the good ones...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
last night- Dogtoberfest Marzen by FD I would not recommend it. the WORST oktoberfest I have tried.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
cheap import night last night.....except for the half pint of Hobgoblin Ale.
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest