Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Maybe best to just avoid anything with 737 in the name, older planes likely to have engine issues after being covid stored...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
A whole bunch more unique realities.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Air Canada - the worst airline I have ever been on.
They are always in the news for fucking their passengers, and not in a good way.
Did you read the article?
"The new sanitization fee joins the lengthy list of other add-on fees when flying Air Canada including the checked baggage fee, early check-in fee, and the fee to spray down the wings before take-off with an “anti-gremlin coating”, referred to as the William Shatner Fee."

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Did you read the article?
"The new sanitization fee joins the lengthy list of other add-on fees when flying Air Canada including the checked baggage fee, early check-in fee, and the fee to spray down the wings before take-off with an “anti-gremlin coating”, referred to as the William Shatner Fee."
Yup the Harold.
Still does not change the fact that it is the worst airline I have travelled on and they are in the news quite often for bending their customers over, the latest was refusing to issue refunds... Fuck them.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Our economy is fucked and right now, all it's doing is increasing the divide between those that have and those that do not. It's going to collapse at some point since we are propping it up with funny money and the further we go, the worse that will be, but no one wants to be the fall-guy at this point...If no aid comes through, that just might be the "reset" that is needed.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Our economy is fucked and right now, all it's doing is increasing the divide between those that have and those that do not. It's going to collapse at some point since we are propping it up with funny money and the further we go, the worse that will be, but no one wants to be the fall-guy at this point...If no aid comes through, that just might be the "reset" that is needed.
I don't disagree. Though the "reset" that we are liable to get may be more of the "macro" variety than just something contained to the airline industry.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Queue upcoming Democratic government (we hope), being blamed for the measures they need to introduce to rescue the country from the mess they inherit from the previous administration.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I might have to fly back east and visit my dad with my kiddo. What is flying protocol in regards to Covid these days? Are people getting rapid tests before seeing vulnerable loved ones?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Syracuse, probably early November or Early December (avoiding the holiday travel).
if the weather, my shoulder, and schedule cooperate, maybe a ride in Western Mass or Upstate NY might be in order?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I had to sit on a four hour flight recently. Thankfully near the front with an empty middle seat.

It was an older 737-800 so actually had airflow through the vents, unlike the newer asthmatic planes. Those were turned up full and I only removed my N95 mask for a few seconds mid-flight to take a drink of water to stifle a cough.

4/10 would not bang