Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Turns out a 757 is a narrow body. The more you know. What’s the point of them vs a 737-XXX then if both can fly DEN-LIH?
AA has been operating 757s on Bos-Lhr forever. I liked those flights - not as many people as on 747s, fast boarding, and they are wicked fast.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I think I have been on 4 plane flights in the last 15 years. Round trip Oakland to Cancun once and round trip SFO to DC for my FIL's funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. Once I stopped being a National sales rep I said fuck flying

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You 1st Chang.
Have you seen the pathetic state of railways in NZ????
They are way worse than even the Americans!
Yes I am actively campaigning for change there. NZ used to have (period appropriate) good trains and a great network too. We gave it up for ‘moar cars’. Time to roll that back.

And having used both US trains and nearly every NZ trainline, I’d say there isn’t that much in it. I did like the line from SF to Shallow Alto though, back when I was a west coast bike commuter.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yes I am actively campaigning for change there. NZ used to have (period appropriate) good trains and a great network too. We gave it up for ‘moar cars’. Time to roll that back.

And having used both US trains and nearly every NZ trainline, I’d say there isn’t that much in it. I did like the line from SF to Shallow Alto though, back when I was a west coast bike commuter.
this

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, Hawaii is in a weird place. Kind of like ski counties. Dependent on tourism yet spiteful (often rightfully so).

Next summer I’m thinking maybe we don’t even leave Colorado. Instead just hunt down all the touristy things that we can do around here like ATV tours, zip lining, rafting, etc. Be local tourists.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
8EA049D6-B5DE-481F-80BB-BD60BA5121F8.jpeg

All seated for the redeye.
UA 752 LIH-DEN, redone with a Polaris row 1-4 setup. Yes, my eldest kid perpetually has her mask falling down, which is funny since she’s the one who still remains paranoid about wearing it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
¿Que?

BC8750C3-04FB-493C-BD75-B5FF0C61D8DF.jpeg

Lie flat was nice. Everyone’s a bit tired still from the compressed night from the time change and the interrupted sleep and all, but worlds better than it could have been.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
View attachment 179767

All seated for the redeye.
UA 752 LIH-DEN, redone with a Polaris row 1-4 setup. Yes, my eldest kid perpetually has her mask falling down, which is funny since she’s the one who still remains paranoid about wearing it.
Do masks protect against catching affluenza? :D

Gotta have them fly with the poors at least once so they can appreciate the perks of first class.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do masks protect against catching affluenza? :D

Gotta have them fly with the poors at least once so they can appreciate the perks of first class.
We flew out in Economy Plus. Got to cut back in this economy, ya know