Quantcast

snow shooooooooo

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also not sure what the complaints are about, the track looks good. Maybe they are working on the track due to all the rain?

It looks challenging, which is good. :)

Whats the go with padded trees in the US? I heard it mentioned in previous rider videos as well as a bit of an urban legend around here that you can't pad trees in the US, because if a rider manages to hit an unpadded tree it would show negligence? Is that for real? Beats me.
I don't know the exact facts, but Canada is much the same way. Go to any ski resort or bike park (at least out east here) and the only things that gets pads on the hills are the snow makers and lift poles.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know the exact facts, but Canada is much the same way. Go to any ski resort or bike park (at least out east here) and the only things that gets pads on the hills are the snow makers and lift poles.
that may be a resort thing, but the UCI has some rules surrounding padding & safety features:

1659104500390.png

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The Bernard Kerr track walk showed some sections that still needed some work up top and some veeeery soft fresh features as well. They'll still make it work I'm sure but I kinda expected more prep in the lead up to a WC, unless there's been some issues cropping up over there?

Whats the go with padded trees in the US? I heard it mentioned in previous rider videos as well as a bit of an urban legend around here that you can't pad trees in the US, because if a rider manages to hit an unpadded tree it would show negligence? Is that for real? Beats me.

The Instagram videos look loose AF
You get padded trees in EU too. Not every one will be padded but bikeparks do it if they are a bigger bikepark and it's a popular trail (Leogang is a good example). Schladming if I remember right also used to have a fair bit of padding. Not sure now.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
the prior years snowshoe hosted the WC were later in the summer, i think it's less likely to rain then.

also, no trash talking snowshoe unless you want me to have a new intense USA USA USA
Just wondering, do they have the possibility to build a course that has less flat rock gardens? I am all for rocks, but the way riders stall is ridiculous. Looking at the footage, me thinks that an amazing course could be build here. Flat rock gardens are a pet hate for me, too many of those exist, sometimes even man made. :rant:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Just wondering, do they have the possibility to build a course that has less flat rock gardens? I am all for rocks, but the way riders stall is ridiculous. Looking at the footage, me thinks that an amazing course could be build here. Flat rock gardens are a pet hate for me, too many of those exist, sometimes even man made. :rant:
America. A country where kinder surprise eggs are illegal, mimolete cheese is illegal but flat rockgardens are allowed? Is that what the founding fathers wanted?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe they should go faster if they are stalling? It doesn't look like Laurie had any slow moments during this course preview..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, those rock gardens are going to ruin the race, you shouldn't watch it. Was a snoozefest over the last few years and wet weather will make it even worse. They should bulldoze it into a motorway, now that is racing.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
This is what an actual DH course looks like.
Some of ya'll grew up watching too much Leogang and motorways, and riding groomed trails and it shows.
I'd take Schladming and Maribor any day over flat rockgardens. Slovenians know how to build a proper rockgarden. I'd even take Champery even though that track when it's less maintained is crash city.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I think we would all take Champery and Schladming over Snowshoe, Unfortunately we can't control where the series goes. I was at the Vallnord race and that track was flat and unimpressive compared to the old track, but it was one of the most exciting races/ finishes I have ever watched. The Snowshoe track isn't steep or fast and I agree flat rocks are lame but with the rain its gonna be wild and exciting regardless.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Kerr ripping this track apart in qualies.

Edit: Fastest on the day so far by just over 3 seconds.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kerr ripping this track apart in qualies.

Edit: Fastest on the day so far by just over 3 seconds.
Isn't Goldstone still quicker? By half a second?

and Daprela did well too... This track easily could have had his number with what happened to him last year. Good to see he can put that behind him.

Jess Blewitt too, even if she was 47 seconds behind Cami. She was still quicker than some of the quick ladies...

edited to add:
Looks like Amaury will take first
agreed. doesn't seem like there's anyone left on track or still to start that is likely to challenge his time.

Also, Finn down in 32nd position. :/

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Goldstone's time would have been second in grown-ups, you're correct.

Edit: I see a couple of DNFs in men's, including Matt Walker.

Edit 2: And Grice.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This reminds me. Anyone know what happened to Charlie Harrison (the other quick American - I think that's his name...) he did well here last year (or the year before) but I don't seem to recall hearing about him at all this year.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
This reminds me. Anyone know what happened to Charlie Harrison (the other quick American - I think that's his name...) he did well here last year (or the year before) but I don't seem to recall hearing about him at all this year.
Broken pinky fingy at Ft. William. Got some screws and stuff.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I think we would all take Champery and Schladming over Snowshoe, Unfortunately we can't control where the series goes. I was at the Vallnord race and that track was flat and unimpressive compared to the old track, but it was one of the most exciting races/ finishes I have ever watched. The Snowshoe track isn't steep or fast and I agree flat rocks are lame but with the rain its gonna be wild and exciting regardless.
Naaah I'm good with the whole track. I just agree flat rockgardens are a crime on par with personalized licence plates on cars, pickup artists and dudes who start a loud party next door at 2AM on mondays but "only this one time bro".