Quantcast

So is anyone freaking out about hurricane Irene?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
No worries New Jersey is likely not going to make it through this without some sort of divine intervention or Bacon. I'm planning on looting your bike if it doesn't get washed out to sea....
I don't live on the shore and it's only a Tropical storm warning here. Been through much worse.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got back from the supermarket. A lot people but still tons of food. People were not buying too much it looked like. I got some beer and yeast so we can spend some of the time drinking and baking. I am looking most forward to building the race track with my son and whip Lightning McQueen around the track.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If I don't see Obama looting I am going to be really, really sad.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I feel bad for all of you in Irene's path because you are

****ED!!

None of you ****ers are going to be able to get on the :monkeydance: since you will not have power for like a month.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If I don't see Obama looting I am going to be really, really sad.
He seems like a cool person to go looting with. Just a hypothetical question? If I am looting with Obama and I get in a gun battle with a liqour store owner and accidently kill him, can Obama pardon me on the spot?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I just looked at the forecast, it's not that big a deal. It&#8217;s barely a cat2. Those people on the outer banks nc are going to get the worst of it. Look for power issues due to broken branches falling on power lines (even less in snow area&#8217;s ya&#8217;ll already got that covered) and some flooding on the north east side of the storm. Other than that be careful where you passout, somebody might trip over you. Other than that loot more beer.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
He seems like a cool person to go looting with. Just a hypothetical question? If I am looting with Obama and I get in a gun battle with a liqour store owner and accidently kill him, can Obama pardon me on the spot?
I think you might wanna make sure he has the papers in his pocket, already filled out, with your name, just in case he doesn't make it back. Odds are, if you're looting, the owner of said shop is more than likely to shoot the black(ish) guy first. Especially in Virginia.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
We think this is BS. My special lady and I have both lived in NOLA, and we're insulted by all this. Its a Cat 1, those hit NO all the time. We're unimpressed.

God forbid anything happen to the NE. I know a lot of you are from there, and I've lived in the region, but where was this six years ago? By the way, the irony is astounding that this is going to hit on the 26th to the 30th.

What a joke. "Storm of the Century" my black ass.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Baltimore city hood alert! Just 18 hours left people!!! The state August summer blowout sale will begin. Everything must go! ALL FREE! Just smash window and grab!!! :rofl:

This just in. New unsuspecting targets, I mean, tourists, due in next week for the Baltimore Grand Prix! It's a two weekend take all extravaganza!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
We think this is BS. My special lady and I have both lived in NOLA, and we're insulted by all this. Its a Cat 1, those hit NO all the time. We're unimpressed.

God forbid anything happen to the NE. I know a lot of you are from there, and I've lived in the region, but where was this six years ago? By the way, the irony is astounding that this is going to hit on the 26th to the 30th.

I think they have gone totally overboard in NY, but I think NC/Virginia should prepare.

You don't want dumbasses walking the streets when 80mph winds are going.

The only scenario I see which a Cat 2 hits NYC is if the hurricane stalls in the mid-Atlantic, and picks up steam.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on being the biggest badass on the internet. :thumb:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

You're insulted??

People are making a big deal because places like NYC have useful people. NOLA is filled with scum an low-lifes.....just like [Paterson]NEW JERSEY[/Paterson]. So it needs to be cleansed. Hurricanes can only improve it.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
You're insulted??

People are making a big deal because places like NYC have useful people. NOLA is filled with scum an low-lifes.....just like [Paterson]NEW JERSEY[/Paterson]. So it needs to be cleansed. Hurricanes can only improve it.
the only probably is that they just relocate to YOUR neighborhood. Let me know where your at, i'll send them your way!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
We got the boat out in time and made it to higher ground.....the house is apparently....not so good. Storm surge is at 10 feet right now and the Neuse River at Dawsons Creek is now running through the house!

The secondary buildings in the yard including a two-room rental are washed away.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
We got the boat out in time and made it to higher ground.....the house is apparently....not so good. Storm surge is at 10 feet right now and the Neuse River at Dawsons Creek is now running through the house!

The secondary buildings in the yard including a two-room rental are washed away.
Damn. Stay safe bro.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm not too overly concerned about this now, worst that is going to happen is a power outage, which isn't a big deal.
What if the Delaware valley is flooded and New Jersey becomes loose from the mainland and slides off the continetal shelf and into the ocean. Have you thought of that? I would get out of there if I was you... What are you going to do with your bike?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
What if the Delaware valley is flooded and New Jersey becomes loose from the mainland and slides off the continetal shelf and into the ocean. Have you thought of that? I would get out of there if I was you... What are you going to do with your bike?
Not going to happen I'm west of the fault line. Flooding is going to happen, am on high ground, the raritan river would have to rise about 150' to get to the house, that's not going to happen with this storm my place of work though is going to get hit hard by this.