Quantcast

Ste Anne World Cup

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
He was the most talented DH rider MTBing has ever seen (in regards to pure aggressive style, no holds barred, pure strength, ability to read terrain, on and on....). CK was just about to have a season where he dominated the globe, but blew his leg up and has not been same since.
I always try to refrain from a course being 'suited for him' type of thing, but, MSA has CK's name all over it.
Yup, he was amazing, and still is. He looked really strong and focused today. Be great to see him pull it off again.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Am I the only one who's looking at these pictures and videos and thinking that looks like an absolute blast to ride? Luckily I have trails just like it where I am right now that are just as wet, steep, muddy, and rocky, so I guess thats not a problem.

Can't wait to see the freecaster vids start popping up

it is pretty rad... i had so much fun on the track today

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Freecaster Grand Prix just ended, Greg Minnaar takes home the title. JD Swanguen was second and Steve Peat was third.

The track was slick as hell and everyone was off in the grass at least once or twice. Some of us way more than others.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Down there homer. I'm CK Fanboy #1 because I've watched him first hand in his prime. He is the world's fastest ....
Butch, you have redeemed yourself in light of the "walking comment"... :biggrin:

I'm flattered you think I'm the world's fastest. You know something - there was a time when I was walking my bike down a rock garden - brakes non-functional due to a sh!tty bleed, and I remember thinking: "Someday someone will say I'm the fastest in the world". Well, today my friend, is that day. Furthermore I would like to thank all those who...... wait a sec...... aw CRAP...

Nevermind.

:biggrin: :rofl:

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
Friday Mornings weather:

It pissed it down with rain again all night.
That's Phil Saxena, 4 cross builder in the fore ground, hoping for some sunshine.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
No kidding, I ran a fender last year at several races and people gave odd looks, but I don't recall having any mud on my goggles. Fad's come and go, but what makes sense will always make sense.

Ya, I do not get the non-use of fenders anymore, so odd. I would have my riders on em for sure.
I have a pic somewhere of when my chick won Park City in the rain, with fender, her face and jersey were spotless-bike was a brown mess.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
My offering here with full res download option.

I can't wait to see how they are going to run the 4x. The mud on the track is so sticky you can't walk it without it clumping to your shoes.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
No kidding, I ran a fender last year at several races and people gave odd looks, but I don't recall having any mud on my goggles. Fad's come and go, but what makes sense will always make sense.
I've seen a lot of those tube fenders that people attach with zip-ties

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
For my site the best thing is to download the available fullres file. It requires quicktime, but it's worth it. Peace!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think this is the one time that I'm totally pumped about all the magazine types posting about their news and magazines and links. Normally its more of a "bleh stop spamming" but now I don't even have to do any work to find WC info. Rad

Jonnyc

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
anyone know how to record the live web cast, I have to work sat.
I tried SDP and Vlan but neither worked

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
FC is working for me now. Is it just me or is there footage better quality than ever, I'm watching it fullscreen on a 20" 1680x1050 LCD and it looks as good if not better than a lot of MTB DVDs I own!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
For my site the best thing is to download the available fullres file. It requires quicktime, but it's worth it. Peace!
Wow, that HD is sweet! Thanks for braving the weather and muck and posting the vid! Any plans on making a full-length flick?

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Wow, that HD is sweet! Thanks for braving the weather and muck and posting the vid! Any plans on making a full-length flick?

I am doing so. Bones Over Metal has grown from the efforts of making a documentary that is mostly shot and I hope finished after the season. The goal has always been to make a film that appeals to those not in our sport. So, story line has been important. Thanks for asking?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
There is going to be SUCH a strong british finish in this race if the conditions stay like this. Sure, CK or Hill might take a 10second win, but there's going to be 10 brits in the top20 easy.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Just saw Minnar's last practice. He's looking good. But, you're right, there are a ton of fast Brits out there.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
There is going to be SUCH a strong british finish in this race if the conditions stay like this. Sure, CK or Hill might take a 10second win, but there's going to be 10 brits in the top20 easy.
Given the strength of the field right now, I can't imagine we'll see a 10 second win by anybody! But yes, should be a strong british showing!

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
4X practice and qualifying cancelled today. They're going to try and run practice, qualies, and finals tomorrow after DH. Sun is out and course is drying up, but who knows what the weather is going to do.:bonk: