Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
The blood in the chassis is the same no matter what colour the body is painted.

( Do you know how hard it was NOT to make the pink in middle joke? :rofl: )

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
so what you're saying is, if we bring hardees (because here on the beast coast we all know what it's really called, right?) to Africa, we can elevate it to first world status? GENIUS!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
The fact that that exists at all, ought to strike fear into everyone's heart.
Eureka! Your current location and the ever growing trend of personal e-transportation products has provided me with an idea that will elevate me to the gilded 1% club...

E-bikes? They're OK I guess, but some of them still make you pedal a little bit...Boo on that
Segways? LOL grandpa, toss that fire hazard back into the (spacious) trunk of your Oldsmobile

Here's the next big thing in obscenely expensive white people transportation: E-SKI

See ya on the slopes losers.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-airlines-under-fire-passenger-dragged-plane-officer-004633966--finance.html

That is not the best story I've seen on this, but there are so many right now you can kind of pick your flavor.

Some interesting notes:

Guy is F-ed up when he returns to the plane, there is video of this too. Appears to have been roughed up by the police, also disorientated.

The passenger "contract" that United refers to has a rule, 25, which states that passengers may be denied boarding. This seems to be what they are hinging as their decision to remove the guy. The only tiny problem with that is, he was already boarded and in his seat.

I've seen other airlines handle this situation with "we aren't boarding anyone until we get the 'volunteers' to give up their seats", which seems reasonable given the contract and boarding rules. Airlines put lots of pilots and other company personnel on flights to move them around the country. Although they are often dressed like passengers, it's not uncommon to have non-revenue "passengers" on almost every flight. In some situations, they rely on this, as in if they can't get the crew to Memphis or whatever, they can't operate the flight out of there the next day. In the end, it's a contract, and it must be reasonable, which it appears to be, but if you violate the contract, like yanking someone that has already boarded, you are just asking for a world of trouble in the court system. Then the fact that this guy got all roughed up in the process? It's going to be a field day for lawyers. If you asked every single person on a plane to give up their seat, it's likely more than one person would resist, but it's a moot point because he wasn't a security risk until they chose to make him one, by violating their own policy.

And the guy on the right looks like Kickass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Guy is F-ed up when he returns to the plane, there is video of this too. Appears to have been roughed up by the police, also disorientated.
I've seen it. The first thing I thought was he looked and acted like a hunted animal. Full panic mode.

United's CEO sure isn't helping. This thing is turning into a giant shit-show and I just keep giggling. I'm all for a giant boycott, I might actually be able to non-rev somewhere this summer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've seen it. The first thing I thought was he looked and acted like a hunted animal. Full panic mode.

United's CEO sure isn't helping. This thing is turning into a giant shit-show and I just keep giggling. I'm all for a giant boycott, I might actually be able to non-rev somewhere this summer.
Just in time for our United flight to Hawaii next week. Although I know in the social media age this will all blow over in a week or two, I wish there were some real, long term ramifications that come from this. They'll throw this guy some $$$ and be back to beating the shit out of paying customers within a year. The least they can do is have this going when people get on the plane

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
My money says that United had little/nothing directly to do with the ass beating administered by the airport security types, outside of calling them on the little brown skinned dude. Be they FAA Cops or CPD, they are generally undisciplined foolish rabble who are too eager to lay a smackdown on some unsuspecting tourist types...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My money says that United had little/nothing directly to do with the ass beating administered by the airport security types, outside of calling them on the little brown skinned dude. Be they FAA Cops or CPD, they are generally undisciplined foolish rabble who are too eager to lay a smackdown on some unsuspecting tourist types...
FAA doesn't do anything with airport security these days, it's all TSA and airport cops.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So yea, those were Chicago cops and (IMO) they should have never been called. But once the cops are involved his odds of the guy doing anything other than exiting the plane were zero.

Walk around O'hare Intl airport and you'll see cops in body armor carrying ARs. You'd think you were in Tel Aviv.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Being a minority I'm surprised they didn't just shoot him once he started resisting. I could have sworn his face was grabbing for their guns right before it was rammed into the adjacent seat.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
While interesting, I dont really understand how exposing his shit-bag past adds anything to the current discussion...
I agree it has no bearing on what United should or shouldn't have done. Reinforces lack of faith in humanity, though!

:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Douchenozzles bombed my favorite soccerball team's bus last night.

I wonder what will happen when this scum finally manages to hit a major sports event. It's not the first encounter with terrorism for some, two of Dortmund's players were playing for Germany in the Stade de France in Paris last year, one of the intended target of the November attacks (the attackers blew themselves up in front of the stadium since they couldn't get in).

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Dortmund.........I bet it was those cunts at Bayern.
You should go smash them.

Mind you it could also have been the actors guild?
Have you seen the dives they took last season!!!!!!!
Such bad acting cannot go unpunished!