Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sub 50 yards visibility out on the roads and it's probably a 50/50 as to whether drivers have any lights on or not...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
They didn't ever seem to detail what was wrong with the developer's "private" water...

I mean: "There is absolutely nothing wrong with that water," he said. "It's healthier water than you're ever going to drink from the city."

I'm sure *he* knows better than the water district. He's probably done his research.

:rolleyes:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Pretty much nothing renders me speechless but this is close

the key to nature is obviously a market based solution

we will do anything

anything

to not tell oil companies and venture capital to fuck off, but instead, ask the same people for ideas to solve problems they created

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Pretty much nothing renders me speechless but this is close

the key to nature is obviously a market based solution

we will do anything

anything

to not tell oil companies and venture capital to fuck off, but instead, ask the same people for ideas to solve problems they created
...are pioneering a new class of listed company based on nature and the benefits that nature provides (termed ecosystem services).

WTaF?

What like keeping your rotting from the inside corpse alive?

image.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
...are pioneering a new class of listed company based on nature and the benefits that nature provides (termed ecosystem services).

WTaF?

What like keeping your rotting from the inside corpse alive?

View attachment 205068

In freedomland, all new gov't changes go on a federal register. I'm reading through the three filings that accompany this and this is one of those things like credit default swaps that tanked the entire global economy. Not that they're that holistic but just that the vague woo woo language in them sounds like black magic.

Welcome to your new NFT scam, us gov't approved that ends up doing the opposite of the stated purpose. All over the securities and exchange commission rule change proposal is 'bring in capital' and 'provide returns based on ecological output', no real specificity on what makes ecological output profitable.

This is going to be my next 5-10 years of pure comedic shit show straight into my veins. I kinda have a hunch of how this will play out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At my last job the company did a control system for several water treatment plants in Oregon. We all had access to a VM with software that allied us to remotely connect and operate the treatment plants. When I raised concerns about security I was told it was part of the contract as it was desired to have 24/7 tech support.
Passwords are easier to share when they are 1111, just saying.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

New city council wants to prove how conservative they are by firing the city manager without cause - dudes severance package is over $100k. Now they have to find a new city manager. These people are stupid as it gets.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Have you seen the folks out here? We just got a Burger King, dammit. So now Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Popeyes for your dining pleasure. Or you could go to Skinny's gas station for the best fried chicken in town. :rofl:
At best I will visit Arbys once or twice a year for a beef and cheddar, possibly taco bell if there is no sammich shop around but fast food has never been my jam.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Have you seen the folks out here? We just got a Burger King, dammit. So now Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Popeyes for your dining pleasure. Or you could go to Skinny's gas station for the best fried chicken in town. :rofl:
don't you be talkin no shit bout no popeyes

One opened in reno a few years ago and it's literally the only chain food I ever cared about, because I was around when it was like 5 locations, based in new orleans and spicy as shit and awesome. So I dragged a friend into it and we chucked our food after like 3 bites. Somewhere along the line someone decided sugar batter was somehow preferable to cayenne pepper. Shit tasted like doughnuts

no context freebie below:
Grossest shit I ever put in my mouth, and I'm from florida

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yardbird and Post in Denver are both really good fo' fried chickens.

Popeyes was my go-to but I haven't had it forever. Sad to hear it could no longer be nature's perfect food.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yardbird and Post in Denver are both really good fo' fried chickens.

Popeyes was my go-to but I haven't had it forever. Sad to hear it could no longer be nature's perfect food.
their spicy chicken sandwich is still a very fine thing