Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
don't you be talkin no shit bout no popeyes

One opened in reno a few years ago and it's literally the only chain food I ever cared about, because I was around when it was like 5 locations, based in new orleans and spicy as shit and awesome. So I dragged a friend into it and we chucked our food after like 3 bites. Somewhere along the line someone decided sugar batter was somehow preferable to cayenne pepper. Shit tasted like doughnuts

no context freebie below:
Grossest shit I ever put in my mouth, and I'm from florida
Speaking of Popeye’s, I just ate two spicy thighs and a biscuit in terminal A at DFW.
I mean, the last three times I ate here, it was exceedingly mediocre, so I figured “What could go wrong?”

Well, I am pleased to report that they must have listened to customer feedback, because it was genuinely pretty good and spicy, super fresh, the biscuit fluffy, and service fast. I’m kinda gob-smacked, it tasted like it did fifteen or twenty years ago.
Can recommend again, as I felt the same as woo the last time or two.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Speaking of Popeye’s, I just ate two spicy thighs and a biscuit in terminal A at DFW.
I mean, the last three times I ate here, it was exceedingly mediocre, so I figured “What could go wrong?”

Well, I am pleased to report that they must have listened to customer feedback, because it was genuinely pretty good and spicy, super fresh, the biscuit fluffy, and service fast. I’m kinda gob-smacked, it tasted like it did fifteen or twenty years ago.
Can recommend again, as I felt the same as woo the last time or two.
Eating that before getting on a plane?

You're braver than I thought.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That's the problem with fast food at airports. It should be ILLEGAL to bring it on planes. Once in that metal tube, it smells nasty and it carries all over the place. Nothing worse than someone next to you with a greasy bag of McDs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's the problem with fast food at airports. It should be ILLEGAL to bring it on planes. Once in that metal tube, it smells nasty and it carries all over the place. Nothing worse than someone next to you with a greasy bag of McDs.
I regularly used to fly home at the end of a work week and have a portion of korean bbq from a place near the office with me that I'd eat on the plane :D

Delicious, but definitely had an aroma.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Doomed we are... :rofl:

I like this idea for a few reasons, but I'm not convinced it is a perfect solution. I think in terms of personal safety and anonymity an AI influencer isn't subject to issues associated with being recognizable in public. Also, in theory, an "unattractive" person could create a popular and lucrative AI influencer without needing to go through a physical transformation (surgical or otherwise).

Of course every tool is a weapon if you know how to hold it. It certainly opens up the door to "unrealistic" beauty standards which humans will feel compelled to chase, and it could certainly allow some individuals to develop ideas about interpersonal behavior which wouldn't carry over to less-augmented reality.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hey, that includes my part of Denver

wait a minute
Pretty much anything *west* of Boulder as well. :homer:

I have a rather grievous disdain for the "flat country" that has sweaty air
Sweaty air doesn't start until about 100 miles east of Front Range.

Anything east of Ford St :D
<draws line from Ford St south> Hey... wait a miniute! :mad:

Also - see above. Pretty much anything west of Ford Street as well. :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Have you tried cereal for dinner?

The cereal category has always been quite affordable, and it tends to be a great destination when consumers are under pressure,” Pilnick said. “If you think about the cost of cereal for a family versus what they might otherwise do, that’s going to be much more affordable.”

His advice hasn’t landed well with people frustrated by spending 26% more on groceries since 2020; on social media the campaign is being seen as insensitive.

CNBC host Carl Quintanilla asked Pilnick if encouraging weary customers to eat cereal for dinner could “land the wrong way.”
Pilnick thought the opposite.

“In fact, it’s landing really well right now,” Pilnick said. “Cereal for dinner is something that is probably more on trend now, and we would expect to continue as that consumer is under pressure.”