Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was hoping to sneak in a dry trail ride before the year ended, but the snow today has ended that. Hopefully our local spot we head to for fatbiking is riding well this coming week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stupid mud ended today's ride before the good stuff happened. The shit stick to everything in thick layers then turns into concrete. Got to see some cool stuff though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
stupid mud ended today's ride before the good stuff happened. The shit stick to everything in thick layers then turns into concrete. Got to see some cool stuff though.

What god forsaken heck hole was that ?

planning For a summer trip.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What god forsaken heck hole was that ?

planning For a summer trip.
Southwest Utah, St George/Hurricane to be specific, near Zion National Park.

Trails are fun but pedally. Some good technical stuff but different to the PNW. I wouldn't come just for the trails but trails plus vistas, yes.

If you are feeling ballsy the Rampage course is in the neighborhood. Summers are fucking hot. Spring fall would be better. Actually this trip would have been perfect if the weather was 'average' but a winter storm brought snow/rain and some serious cold.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Trails are fun but pedally. Some good technical stuff but different to the PNW. I wouldn't come just for the trails but trails plus vistas, yes.

If you are feeling ballsy the Rampage course is in the neighborhood. Summers are fucking hot. Spring fall would be better. Actually this trip would have been perfect if the weather was 'average' but a winter storm brought snow/rain and some serious cold.
Did you ride the Goose? I like the Hurricane region, ain't a shit show like Moab and Fruita

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode with @Dirtrider and co today. Fabulous day and weather. Did Trace Ridge and Bear something or other; plans got shortened by 3 flats, a dented rim, loose shoe cleat and one dog bite.

Awesome day. Got rowdy in spots.

Ended the day with the sunset on the Parkway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did you ride the Goose? I like the Hurricane region, ain't a shit show like Moab and Fruita
Nope. Was a bit of a bummer. Was literally staying across the highway from the Mesa. The formentioned snow/rain rendered the higher elevation trails if not unrideable certainly inaccessable. The only successful rides were a few thousand feet lower in St George.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Trails are fun but pedally. Some good technical stuff but different to the PNW. I wouldn't
If you're still there, had North a bit to Cedar City. Mellow fun trails but also Centro pizza which is shockingly good for small town middle of nowhere.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
First ride of the year in the books, pretty certain I was the first one through the local trails for the year. Need to sort out a good way to carry coffee while riding, watching the sunrise while drinking stale water out of a Camelback just doesn't cut it.

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you're still there, had North a bit to Cedar City. Mellow fun trails but also Centro pizza which is shockingly good for small town middle of nowhere.
Drove home yesterday. Cedar City would have been covered in good amounts of snow as it is well above 5000ft.

Found a New Mexican restaurant just outside of Zion that was fucking amazing. Supposedly Paul Allen opened it up because he wanted to get the chili sweats with amazing views.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I know right.

As any consolation, @Dirtrider & co rallied down Black Mountain today. That trail is like riding a bucking bronco, so damn awesome. I think this ride was the lady friend's biggest climb and hardest descent; she survived and had fun although some spots sketched her out...which is no surprise as she's only been riding for just over a year.

But god damn, this is still my favourite trail. It just gets so rowdy. Just have to hold on and give her.

The view at the top is great too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Pretty close to normal, which unfortunately means I can't use it as an excuse for poor riding (new super bike also precludes further excuse making).

Super jelly of @canadmos and his trip to WNC, as the weather looked great for this time of year. Hope to work in a winter trip to the 828 as a final stamp of knee health approval.
make it wilsons and make it a sunday and holler me!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
how fancy do you wanna get? translation: how much stuff do u wanna carry?
I hate carrying stuff, ideally I want something that fits in the Trail Pistrol's waterbottle location, so not big. I think one of these may fit, https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Modern-Ascent-Water-Bottle/dp/B07HBSJR7X/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=hydroflask&qid=1577996248&sr=8-17

Hopefully it does, 12oz is coincidentally the size of a beer as well, and a frosty beer at the top is a magical thing on a summer ride. Since switching to an enduro approve "hip pack" there's not room to stash a beer in with the bladder to keep it cold.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate carrying stuff, ideally I want something that fits in the Trail Pistrol's waterbottle location, so not big. I think one of these may fit, https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Modern-Ascent-Water-Bottle/dp/B07HBSJR7X/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=hydroflask&qid=1577996248&sr=8-17

Hopefully it does, 12oz is coincidentally the size of a beer as well, and a frosty beer at the top is a magical thing on a summer ride. Since switching to an enduro approve "hip pack" there's not room to stash a beer in with the bladder to keep it cold.
interesting. i just got my wife a coffee mug from that brand for xmas and it seems pretty nice, haven't had an issues so far.