Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I’m not sure if I like the long stem or not. First ride so I’ll give it some time. First ride ever on a 29er, these things goes fast...... I almost lost it going down hill.
I am not sure why I went short. Can swap back in under 5 minutes if I don't like it.
20200531_194933.jpg

Waited until dusk for a quick 10 miles.

20200531_205223.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I SHOULD have called 6th and his wife but it was a last minute plan this morning.
We're still to ride there :shakefist:

But we were probably somewhere on Chimpex. I almost called you as we left and told you to meet us on the climb. Windy Saddle and the road were so packed with cars we climbed on the road up through the switchbacks and ducked back in at the gate.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
We're still to ride there :shakefist:

But we were probably somewhere on Chimpex. I almost called you as we left and told you to meet us on the climb. Windy Saddle and the road were so packed with cars we climbed on the road up through the switchbacks and ducked back in at the gate.
Soon. it's really SO good and much fun. If you and S can get out mid-week or better still early morning just go ride it. Top loop seems as it would go great either way, but CCW was super fun.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Edwin the LBS owner/wrench has been working few too many unauthorized (by his wife & friends) overtime hours lately, I had to drag him out of his shop to get him to go riding.

Edwin.png

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I fall down, go boom.
No MTB for me for a few weeks.
My entire left side is dirt rash and it rang my bell pretty good too.
Front wheel wash out at speed.
20200602_162123_copy_768x1024.jpg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Dude, I feel your pain.
Welcome to the club.
Last year - Pedal strike.

Careful with the melon, get yourself checked out if things persist.
TBI's suck hard.
Timing the Dance wrong - Forearm.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I fall down, go boom.
No MTB for me for a few weeks.
My entire left side is dirt rash and it rang my bell pretty good too.
Front wheel wash out at speed.
View attachment 146001
Dig the SM100 shirt. Was considering going back until COVID.

Almost all my MTB crashes have come from washing out the front end. I guess cornering is where I am the most comfortable pushing the limits. Heal up.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dig the SM100 shirt. Was considering going back until COVID.
I raced it many times when I lived on the east coast, too far to get to now. It's the best race experience from all of the 100 milers I raced (lots of them).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The Biggest Hole on Earth.
The pit and its water present a serious environmental problem because the water, with dissolved oxygen, allows pyrite and sulfide minerals in the ore and wall rocks to decay, releasing acid. When the pit water level eventually reaches the natural water table, estimated to occur around 2020, the pit water will reverse flow back into surrounding groundwater, polluting Silver Bow Creek, which is the headwaters of Clark Fork of the Columbia River.[1] The acidic water in the pit carries a heavy load of dissolved heavy metals. The pit's water contains so much metal that at one point one of its owners, Montana Resources, mined copper directly from the water.
GLWT