Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
1592112016521.png

Gravel race today. I have no gravel bike, so I built fairings out of poster-board and gorilla tape. Got 8th overall. Pretty happy, someone crashed into me during the first few miles and took us out, but I was able to get back to the 2nd peleton and basically keep with that group until it broke apart at the end. I aim for the potholes and nasty stuff and take crazy lines through the turns on the banks of the road. It's hilarious to me how fast I can go on this. Pavement sucks the life out of me though, the rolling resistance on pavement is crazy high (vs gravel it seems it's no different than what the actual "gravel bikes" experience).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short video from yesterday. New section of trail at the end. Will be less awkward next time not riding it blind..

@mykel this is at Heights ski hill across from Horsehoe. Some bits are part of one of the old o-cup trail. The Heights are planning on hosting a friday night toonie enduro race. Sounds like theyll open the chalet for post race beers and nachos.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That looks super fun @canadmos !

my day's stash. fvcking awful climb but yea, that's what ya gotta do right?
4 miles up, 1,800ish feet of ledges, roots, pine, baby-heads, constant techy bits and if you stop pedaling save for a few section you go backwards ... but best of all shade and cool temps.

the descent, as my French brothers and sisters would say, is magnifique.
20200614_081549.jpg

20200614_082054.jpg

20200614_083330.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That looks super fun @canadmos !

my day's stash. fvcking awful climb but yea, that's what ya gotta do right?
4 miles up, 1,800ish feet of ledges, roots, pine, baby-heads, constant techy bits and if you stop pedaling save for a few section you go backwards ... but best of all shade and cool temps.

the descent, as my French brothers and sisters would say, is magnifique.
View attachment 146459

View attachment 146460

View attachment 146461
It's a blast! Nothing tech like your stuff or the long up down, but fast and kinda (?) flowy.

For the record, that's our 63ish year old crusher following my fat ass. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One more vid from the other day, Mark following me again.

Gopro effect in place here, but this is one of the steepest and longest single trails in the area. Almost 4 minutes of no pedalling, not bad for #onterrible. The part at 3:00 is my favourite, you get a nice view of Georgian Bay, with a cliff a few feet to your right and then right back into a steep section.

@mykel this is down the street from Blue. Ten minute shuttle.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Jesus break dancing Christ...I can't believe you call yourself a parent:

- kid does not have 5.10s
- kid does is not wearing a matchy match technical Endureau kit
- Bum bag > backpack with key chain stuffed animals
- Cassette doesn't have a 87 tooth cog
- Brakes are not Saint/Magura hybrid
- No 250 mm dropper post
- Only one bottle cage (I'm surprised he survived the ordeal)
- Strong Kidwoo disapproval of tire combo

I guess they don't have child protective services in Canadia...

Seriously, thats everything right about bikes. Well done ol'chap :thumb:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
awesome.
are all of your local trails fireroad up, singletrack down?
Nope! I usually ride Seymour and climb single track. You can also pedal up the road or a terrible gravel path if you prefer.

I rode Fromme with Ben which has the option of easy gravel road or pretty tough single track climb. Ben is a bit of a reluctant mtber so we kept it smooth and easy.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

- No 250 mm dropper post

He DOES have fancy TLD a gloves, though... of course I had to remind him to wear them...

I got him all jacked up on honey stingers so he was all smiles despite his other gear hardships.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I went on a braaapp session ride, so no pics. But we did do a small morning hike in Tremblant and it was spectacular! Next time I'm bringing my bike. Rock slab and spine heaven!

103477699_185463602884196_1174333346423181788_n.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

- No 250 mm dropper post

I'll cop to having 5.10s for the child. But I got them on sale, and they're for the opposite gender... Does having no suspension (yet) make up for it? Keeping feet on pedals is pretty tough with no suspension.

Yesterday after "school"

1592423321562.png

1592423351781.png

The crux part of this climb is down at the bottom.
1592423641406.png

Took him three tries, but he eventually nailed it.
1592423394846.png

I'm constantly astounded by the power he can lay down with those skinny little legs! I think the interval training with his xc ski team this winter has paid dividends. In another year, I'll be chasing him, and in two years, fuggedaboudit.

final descent down to the car:
1592423685427.png

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
little drone vid from our underground gnar sector.

this is one of the easier trail.

Is that an official trail? St-Sauveur / Morin Heights area as I recall? Or Ste Adèle?

I'm heading to MSM this weekend, hoping to check out the new "Lower Boneshaker" (connects Boneshaker to the lake). One of my buddies has a cottage at MSM and was holed up there the whole quarantine time. He spent his work days fixing trail and building bridges. I'm looking forward to checking out his handy-work.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Is that an official trail? St-Sauveur / Morin Heights area as I recall? Or Ste Adèle?

I'm heading to MSM this weekend, hoping to check out the new "Lower Boneshaker" (connects Boneshaker to the lake). One of my buddies has a cottage at MSM and was holed up there the whole quarantine time. He spent his work days fixing trail and building bridges. I'm looking forward to checking out his handy-work.
Not official. It's at Mont Gabriel in Ste-Adele.

Suppose to go to MSM in a couple of weeks. Hope he fixed a bit of flow fuck on Lager. Trail is fun but got some flaws. Will check out lower BS for sure. Also, never made it down Maibock, on my hit list for the past 4 years. Will wait for your full report. ;)