Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why does the Courtesy Phone have to be White? Doesn't seem fair. Is it Christian also? WTF.

Normal phones used to always be black. Emergency phones are red. So it doesn't need to be white, just not black or red. Yellow would be too whimsical.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I imagine a phone, if elevated to sentience, would be somewhat anti-religious, or maybe would resonate with some sort of ‘everything is connected’ idea of the universe, so maybe Buddhist or Taoist?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Well, Poplar is one of the softer Hardwoods.
Well from the inference, Poplar is a softer hardwood. We might come to the conclusion that it is somehow weaker then a Black Walnut tree? Is it not as good at tree sports also? When I was a child it was assumed because I was slight and had bad teeth that I was Irish. I was not good at Tree Sports either.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I bypassed this drop the last time I rode Barrel in St. George. It was windy which made me a bit nervous but I did it!
IMG_5509.jpg

Following day at Grafton mesa. Our friend Anthony, still young(-ish) and fearless, hitting the road gap. One of my goals is to do this before I turn 50.
DSC_0014.JPG

Now back at home, vegging out. Will be riding with @Jm_ later this week.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I do not have dangly appendages large enough to attempt that.
Neither do I.

Looking back, all big injuries I've had from MTB were the results of me being inattentive and complacent while riding relatively tame trails. It's been a while since the last big one and another one's probably due - I figured I might as well go balls out.
i-like-to-live-dangerously.jpg

On a serious note, I like to have ever-challenging goals as MTB'ing has become sort of a personal-improvement thing for me. 3 years ago, I wouldn't have even considered hitting the drop pictured above. I'm gonna work my way up to the Grafton gap.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I bypassed this drop the last time I rode Barrel in St. George. It was windy which made me a bit nervous but I did it!
View attachment 159552

Following day at Grafton mesa. Our friend Anthony, still young(-ish) and fearless, hitting the road gap. One of my goals is to do this before I turn 50.
View attachment 159553

Now back at home, vegging out. Will be riding with @Jm_ later this week.
You're my new best friend

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
RM is acting weird on both my phone and PC. I hit post, nothing happens, hit post again, nothing. Come back a few minutes later and I posted all the things. I assume Q-Anon is screening my posts.
Seeing the same

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Likely with the lack of active parent company our hosting has been downgraded. I've been seeing a little loader animation when I try to reply too.