Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
good time?
Yeah, it was good. A little damp, but I assume it always is. One person at the top said “watch out for the wet roots”. Not sure if that was a joke. Angry Midget and Ditch Pig were good. Did some good blind stuff, with some laps it would get better. I had a good time in Whistler too, the “double blacks” definitely weren’t too much and I really like the slabs for the most part. I came back on Up and Away, Pigs on the Wing and Short Bus yesterday to drop my shock off and hit the brewery. In Squamish I got a few more trail recommendations. There’s trails everywhere though, all sorts of routes intersecting the trails and I’m sure some are good. Honestly it’s about as good as WA riding, but there’s more frequency of good trails, which is a good thing.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah, it was good. A little damp, but I assume it always is. One person at the top said “watch out for the wet roots”. Not sure if that was a joke. Angry Midget and Ditch Pig were good. Did some good blind stuff, with some laps it would get better. I had a good time in Whistler too, the “double blacks” definitely weren’t too much and I really like the slabs for the most part. I came back on Up and Away, Pigs on the Wing and Short Bus yesterday to drop my shock off and hit the brewery. In Squamish I got a few more trail recommendations. There’s trails everywhere though, all sorts of routes intersecting the trails and I’m sure some are good. Honestly it’s about as good as WA riding, but there’s more frequency of good trails, which is a good thing.
well if you’re still in the area, check out In ‘n Out Burger if you want slabs. Or Chossy Slabs. They’re up in the Alice Lake area. Novel trails for sure.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
well if you’re still in the area, check out In ‘n Out Burger if you want slabs. Or Chossy Slabs. They’re up in the Alice Lake area. Novel trails for sure.
Yep, that’s what was being recommended to me, the Alice Lake stuff. All good stuff, I enjoyed the riding despite some shitty rear suspension(shock) and I swear you can never have enough brake rotor, but having gone 220 it’s so damn nice to be riding the super steep stuff (slab/chute that never lets up) in control and never having fade. Gunna hit some WA stuff over the next couple days.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I swear you can never have enough brake rotor, but having gone 220 it’s so damn nice to be riding the super steep stuff (slab/chute that never lets up) in control and never having fade.
How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?
165. On the steep stuff back home even at 203mm I was fighting it. I think above a certain weight it’s going to depend a lot on the grades you ride and how sustained they are, but I did see a couple little kids ripping down Schley at the end of the day and can’t imagine how easy it must be if you are that light.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Did some half decent drops today for the first time in a couple of years. How did the landings become so flat?! Also got chased by a couple of off-leash dogs while riding on the street… got a half-ass sorry.

45D62CC7-5AEC-4F10-B572-B3AAE9C1542C.jpeg
C2048BA6-A10E-4963-B684-25A4D5D195D7.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Some of the local trails are getting increasingly rugged and blown out… I’m starting to feel the limits of my trail hardtail. You know what that means…

B008C9F2-6104-4BE4-91B6-8C51D0B54DAF.jpeg

9BA3223E-D1AA-419D-9F9C-58FFCD5CAD31.jpeg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
16.4miles, 4026ft verticals. The first 7 miles is 2300ft up, the next mile is a 900ft vert HAB up to 12,500ft. Then the trail we went down was a complete moto rutted mess 2/10 would not bang again.
Ce2vNhSszchSes98NT1-LULDvSnaSFMZyJ1FBV-bIMw-2048x922.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short vid from one of the trails back to the car. Not the most technical, but gets spicy at 41 seconds. Nice spine rock ridge and a hairy right turn onto a big slab, with a considerable drop to the left. If only the camera didn't make this look like a golf course. :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Short vid from one of the trails back to the car. Not the most technical, but gets spicy at 41 seconds. Nice spine rock ridge and a hairy right turn onto a big slab, with a considerable drop to the left. If only the camera didn't make this look like a golf course. :D

Nice. A trained-eye can still fish-out the steeps and understand what it takes to ride it!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Bike park bites back.

4 go up, 3 come back banged up.

Still not too sure what happened. We think, pedal strike, cause one minute he is on the bike, next on the floor. Pretty hard slam, some very nice custom scratches on his D3 and a sore shoulder where the Leatt kept his heap pointing in the right direction as he augered in. And have zero idea on how he did this, except for somehow when the bike hit the ground.

2017 Trek Slash
JohnsBrokenSlash.jpg

Anybody know where there is a med rear triangle?

One of the other guys rang his bell trying to plough a berm with the back of his head. No headache or other concussion symptoms but a pretty good pulled muscle in his neck.

The third one was me. Was solo for this run and dropped in on the back of a train with what I thought was lots of room to spare. Caught them pretty quick and just as I did the guy in front of me fucks up - gets timid, grabs way way too much brake in a loose sandy section and goes all squirely. It was take him out, take a tree out or try to ride it out in a sniper line between the two. I was doing fine until hitting a bomb hole full of sand under heavy braking. Folded the front wheel under and out the front door I went yardsailing down the hill. A few raspberries and maybe a cracked rib - based upon how much it hurts breathing and too much experience with aforementioned broken ribs.

@canadmos Top of Trail 8 / Despicable Me - After the tables at the mini-drop /step down just before dropping into the ski run. I ended up rolling down that last bit and into the bomb hole. Normally I'm gaping over that and didn't even realize it was there, well until I found it under trying circumstances. :busted: Ah well, it be the price we pay to play, but damn, I hate it when other people screw up and I end up the one having a helping of shit.:mad:.

On the fun side, noticed something else. Lined up at the dual slalom course a few times, telling myself No racing, I was just gonna cruise as a DH bike ain't quite the right weapon. 3.2.1. And we drop the hammer, cause the race is ON.
Every. Bloody. Time. :rofl:

Too much fun.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike park bites back.

4 go up, 3 come back banged up.

Still not too sure what happened. We think, pedal strike, cause one minute he is on the bike, next on the floor. Pretty hard slam, some very nice custom scratches on his D3 and a sore shoulder where the Leatt kept his heap pointing in the right direction as he augered in. And have zero idea on how he did this, except for somehow when the bike hit the ground.

2017 Trek Slash
View attachment 164450

Anybody know where there is a med rear triangle?

One of the other guys rang his bell trying to plough a berm with the back of his head. No headache or other concussion symptoms but a pretty good pulled muscle in his neck.

The third one was me. Was solo for this run and dropped in on the back of a train with what I thought was lots of room to spare. Caught them pretty quick and just as I did the guy in front of me fucks up - gets timid, grabs way way too much brake in a loose sandy section and goes all squirely. It was take him out, take a tree out or try to ride it out in a sniper line between the two. I was doing fine until hitting a bomb hole full of sand under heavy braking. Folded the front wheel under and out the front door I went yardsailing down the hill. A few raspberries and maybe a cracked rib - based upon how much it hurts breathing and too much experience with aforementioned broken ribs.

@canadmos Top of Trail 8 / Despicable Me - After the tables at the mini-drop /step down just before dropping into the ski run. I ended up rolling down that last bit and into the bomb hole. Normally I'm gaping over that and didn't even realize it was there, well until I found it under trying circumstances. :busted: Ah well, it be the price we pay to play, but damn, I hate it when other people screw up and I end up the one having a helping of shit.:mad:.

On the fun side, noticed something else. Lined up at the dual slalom course a few times, telling myself No racing, I was just gonna cruise as a DH bike ain't quite the right weapon. 3.2.1. And we drop the hammer, cause the race is ON.
Every. Bloody. Time. :rofl:

Too much fun.
Sounds like a busy day!

The dual slalom course is nice, just too bad it isn't longer. They had it hosed down the other day - we were starting from above the gates and trying to rip the tires off on the first corner. Almost succeeded, judging by the amount of sealant spraying out...

Trail 8 is chewed up, especially the berm after the step-up. Huge hole in it..

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Sounds like a busy day!

The dual slalom course is nice, just too bad it isn't longer. They had it hosed down the other day - we were starting from above the gates and trying to rip the tires off on the first corner. Almost succeeded, judging by the amount of sealant spraying out...

Trail 8 is chewed up, especially the berm after the step-up. Huge hole in it..
Ya, was noticing my back tire has sealant tracks all over it :rofl:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Had the pump track to ourselves. First visit this year. He’s standing up and pumping sections now. Trying to air too. So cool to see.

0E3A5D14-0029-455A-9753-E80E2C1E4D62.jpeg
10225D68-D71B-4D7B-A7B2-050CA0F86DA5.jpeg