Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not sure how to get the correct quality, but some clips from yesterday. It gets overgrown here fast.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
It's in my armpit.
on one of the roughest, steepest sections of a trail here (@AngryMetalsmith - Yancey) where there's no way to stop, buddy ahead of me ran over a ground hive a few years back. fuckers were all up on me, in my helmet, ears, armpit, shirt, shorts...when i finally stopped a ways down the trail and got them all out i'd probably been tagged 15-20 times. when we finished up a mile or so later at my friend's place, beer and creek soak won out over benadryl.

on one of the roughest, steepest sections of a trail here (@AngryMetalsmith - Yancey) where there's no way to stop, buddy ahead of me ran over a ground hive a few years back. fuckers were all up on me, in my helmet, ears, armpit, shirt, shorts...when i finally stopped a ways down the trail and got them all out i'd probably been tagged 15-20 times. when we finished up a mile or so later at my friend's place, beer and creek soak won out over benadryl.
At KT there's a short trail named Jaw which is most notable for its bridges. A few years back there was a white faced hornet nest under a rather high bridge. First person over tended to be OK, second got the cloud. I somehow went through the cloud without getting tagged; others were not so lucky.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hiked the Profile Trail up to the top of Grandfather again yesterday. Got far enough out to no longer hear traffic and ran into few other humans. The trail is steep and extremely rocky. Boulder crawling in a few spots. With a 25 lb pack it's a hell of a seven hour workout.

This time I went past Calloway Peak and down the three ladders to get to an old plane crash site that happened in 1978. Two of these ladders are the height of a two story house. Solo and with a turtle shell on my back they were a bit daunting.

The plane site is in one of the most beautiful sections of forest I've ever seen. Everything is covered in velvet like green moss, red pine needles and with the dense woods it was eerily quite.

profile-rocks.jpg
moss-rocks.jpg
ladder-1.jpg
ladder-2.jpg
plane-crash-1.jpg
plane-crash-2.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hiked the Profile Trail up to the top of Grandfather again yesterday. Got far enough out to no longer hear traffic and ran into few other humans. The trail is steep and extremely rocky. Boulder crawling in a few spots. With a 25 lb pack it's a hell of a seven hour workout.

This time I went past Calloway Peak and down the three ladders to get to an old plane crash site that happened in 1978. Two of these ladders are the height of a two story house. Solo and with a turtle shell on my back they were a bit daunting.

The plane site is in one of the most beautiful sections of forest I've ever seen. Everything is covered in velvet like green moss, red pine needles and with the dense woods it was eerily quite.

View attachment 135484 View attachment 135485 View attachment 135486 View attachment 135487 View attachment 135488 View attachment 135489

Y U no ride no moar?

Also cant tell if that's a ladder or a bridge. If bridge, it has broken leg/ankle written all over it... :eek:

Looks like a great trail though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
what am I looking at in pic #1? down a steep roll?
Yeah, the rock in the foreground can clip your chainring, then there’s about an 8 ft roll into another rock at the bottom, or a hole if you miss it.

Just not worth the consequences at 6am before work... or 8pm after work for that matter.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Y U no ride no moar?

Also cant tell if that's a ladder or a bridge. If bridge, it has broken leg/ankle written all over it... :eek:

Looks like a great trail though.
I ride at least once or twice a week. Not nearly as much as @Da Peach, but enough to keep my ass from getting any softer. Hiking with weight has given me some great riding fitness. Still training for a long distance thru hike ya know.