Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
few more. we had the best location ever up there. view from the deck.
1629078466203.jpeg

sunset one night
1629078507017.jpeg

serious lunchtime conversation was serious
1629078567331.jpeg

old men on a lift. i was the youngest in the crew at 47. lol.
1629078629627.jpeg

after morning showers and scary roots, by 2:00 it was hero dirt yesterday.
a most excellent weekend.
prost!
1629078840163.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So today I took a picture looking up to where I was a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago was on a very unimproved trail that you just have to kind of know-where-it-is. Semi-secret, but totally legit at the same time and it opens up into a giant alpine valley. Didn't do that today, but took a picture looking up that way. Basically, I was in the middle here, way up on this pass:

IMG_9904s.jpg

IMG_9904ss.jpg

This was from a few weeks ago, looking down at the trail I was on today:

220763189_10102364571437078_2449619192717917411_n.jpg

Same ride as this, a little while longer (a few weeks back):

229625290_10102364571307338_7362092254268745580_n.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
* warnign footcycle content*

Decided to start hitting the mountains I get drunk looking at every day

JHFC it is dry up here. This shit is supposed to be covered in snow

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
* warnign footcycle content*

Decided to start hitting the mountains I get drunk looking at every day

JHFC it is dry up here. This shit is supposed to be covered in snow

I'll be that way 31st-2nd

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
IMG_0004.JPG

Enderpo bike with a longer stem and the lighter weight trail bike wheel setup on for XC time. Works pretty damn well. Got a riding buddy visiting from out west next week. Shorter than me, and a stout fireplug. He'll be on the smaller trail bike with a shorter stem and the heavy wheels, as he is a serial wheel destroyer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When did the woodwork you bypassed show up on Lone Ranger?
-and-
No Smiths? I wanted to see how you handled that stump in the middle of that one drop at speed. :think:
Will have to take a video of smith next time. Admittedly, I've been dragging the brakes on that one for a few weeks - almost ate it HARD towards the bottom when the side of the trail decided to give way down the slope.

Is that the stump when you cross the open ski hill section? Or one of the ten others splattered across the trail? :disgust:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Will have to take a video of smith next time. Admittedly, I've been dragging the brakes on that one for a few weeks - almost ate it HARD towards the bottom when the side of the trail decided to give way down the slope.

Is that the stump when you cross the open ski hill section? Or one of the ten others splattered across the trail? :disgust:

Yes to ALL the stumps, and I think that is the one in question - it is the first blind drop into the open "valley". And, yup, have been waiting for that section to collapse. Not to fond of the high jumpy line there either.

Hope yer not too bruised/scraped up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yes to ALL the stumps, and I think that is the one in question - it is the first blind drop into the open "valley". And, yup, have been waiting for that section to collapse. Not to fond of the high jumpy line there either.

Hope yer not too bruised/scraped up.
Yeah it was that option where you can jump high, to avoid the off camber section of trail that is literally falling away down the hill..

I went up high, lazily, so of course I slipped back down or something pointed right for the trees. Braked hard and thats when the trail just crumbled, but luckily I didn't tumble. Definitely squeezed the seat a little hard though :D

That little section of trail is less than a foot wide now I'd guess..

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yeah it was that option where you can jump high, to avoid the off camber section of trail that is literally falling away down the hill..

I went up high, lazily, so of course I slipped back down or something pointed right for the trees. Braked hard and thats when the trail just crumbled, but luckily I didn't tumble. Definitely squeezed the seat a little hard though :D

That little section of trail is less than a foot wide now I'd guess..
:rofl: I did the exact same thing when I tried the high line for the first time, just kinda cruised it and ended up geewog and hard on the brakes sliding down into the low line which "kinda" held, but also kinda slid downslope too. Oops? That whole section needs some benching and support. Or catch-nets :busted:.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Hi all,

My buddy Blake decided he wants to race in NW Cup earlier this year. He hit me up a while ago about the 3rd round in Whitefish, MT. I parked my rig at a truck stop in Moses Lake, WA and had him pick me up.

One chair and a few trails were reserved for the racers so I didn't get to ride them. But otherwise I had fun. I think they got some learning curves to go through (like only one in every 4~5 chairs had bike racks), but it's promising.
chair.jpg

Oops... Definitely not as durable as DH Maxxis rubber.
oops.jpg

Oops #2. Race day, I always end up getting up when the sun comes up regardless of how drunk I was the night before. Blake slept in, so I figured I'll clean up and check his DH bike to get it ready. Rear pads were almost down to the backing plates. Luckily one of his team mates had spare metallic pads for Codes. Also the rear axle was loose. He's pretty fast but that boy is no mechanic. He got 5th in Cat 2 30-39 at 3:04 and change. That time would have placed him 2nd in Cat 1. Bunch of sand baggers in Cat 2.
oops2.jpg

The following day, we went to nearby Legacy Bike Park, which just opened a couple of months ago. They have 2 shuttle trucks, and they limit to 80 riders per day. Got to train with a few fast riders (the guy kneeling won Cat 1 40-49 at 2:47 or something - the FTD was 2:32? by Nik Nestoroff). Good times, I highly recommend this park. There were lots of mosquitos at their camp ground, though.
legacy.jpg

Back to Wenatchee, where Blake currently resides. @Jm_ was in WA and I was hoping to meet up with him in Darrigton, but Blake hurt himself a bit at Legacy and he also had to work on the following Friday so we just rode around in Wenatchee and Leavenworth.

One of larger rock rolls. Me walking up to check out the line.
rock roll.jpg

Pretty sunset in Leavenworth. The trail we rode was like a manicured bike park trail, which was awesome except that it was covered in a foot-deep talcum powder. I guess they haven't had much precipitation in a couple of months. I'm no stranger to loose conditions being an Arizonan, but it was pretty bad. This one time, I wish I had tire inserts so I could run 21/23 psi like Blake (and he weighs 200+).
sunset.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That reminds me of the time I went on the East side for Cle Enum/Rossland riding, it was just dusty as hell and not much fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hi all,

My buddy Blake decided he wants to race in NW Cup earlier this year. He hit me up a while ago about the 3rd round in Whitefish, MT. I parked my rig at a truck stop in Moses Lake, WA and had him pick me up.

One chair and a few trails were reserved for the racers so I didn't get to ride them. But otherwise I had fun. I think they got some learning curves to go through (like only one in every 4~5 chairs had bike racks), but it's promising.
View attachment 163755

Oops... Definitely not as durable as DH Maxxis rubber.
View attachment 163756

Oops #2. Race day, I always end up getting up when the sun comes up regardless of how drunk I was the night before. Blake slept in, so I figured I'll clean up and check his DH bike to get it ready. Rear pads were almost down to the backing plates. Luckily one of his team mates had spare metallic pads for Codes. Also the rear axle was loose. He's pretty fast but that boy is no mechanic. He got 5th in Cat 2 30-39 at 3:04 and change. That time would have placed him 2nd in Cat 1. Bunch of sand baggers in Cat 2.
View attachment 163757

The following day, we went to nearby Legacy Bike Park, which just opened a couple of months ago. They have 2 shuttle trucks, and they limit to 80 riders per day. Got to train with a few fast riders (the guy kneeling won Cat 1 40-49 at 2:47 or something - the FTD was 2:32? by Nik Nestoroff). Good times, I highly recommend this park. There were lots of mosquitos at their camp ground, though.
View attachment 163758

Back to Wenatchee, where Blake currently resides. @Jm_ was in WA and I was hoping to meet up with him in Darrigton, but Blake hurt himself a bit at Legacy and he also had to work on the following Friday so we just rode around in Wenatchee and Leavenworth.

One of larger rock rolls. Me walking up to check out the line.
View attachment 163759

Pretty sunset in Leavenworth. The trail we rode was like a manicured bike park trail, which was awesome except that it was covered in a foot-deep talcum powder. I guess they haven't had much precipitation in a couple of months. I'm no stranger to loose conditions being an Arizonan, but it was pretty bad. This one time, I wish I had tire inserts so I could run 21/23 psi like Blake (and he weighs 200+).
View attachment 163760
Whitefish was good trails then? We're thinking about a trip there next month.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Whitefish was good trails then? We're thinking about a trip there next month.
Not sure how the resort compares to bike parks in Colorado (you guys are spoiled) and I only got to ride half the trails, but I enjoyed it. Kinda dry and blown out though, bit scary to hit berms fast with 30 psi in tires. My fav was Runaway Train. That said, I think I like Silver Mountain better.

Legacy bike park was pretty good. I think they are open on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, and you have to reserve your spot online. Entrance road can be little bit hard to find and you have to drive on rough-ish dirt road for about 5 miles. But you can get more laps in there and trails are better maintained.

Had pretty good meals at The Farmhouse in Lakeside and Sykes Diner in Kalispell. Moose's saloon was a pretty cool dive bar - pint of local craft beer was like $2.50

Quinn's Hot Springs resort had nice pools.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I like Silver Mountain better.
If I'm remembering correctly, Silver Mountain is up in northern ID? From trying to check out their site, don't you have to ride a mile on bike path from the bottom of the runs to get back to the gondola?

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
If I'm remembering correctly, Silver Mountain is up in northern ID? From trying to check out their site, don't you have to ride a mile on bike path from the bottom of the runs to get back to the gondola?
Yeah, it's in Kellogg, ID right along I-90. You are right that we had to ride paved bike path a bit, forgot about that part. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, or maybe I was in better shape both physically and mentally, but it felt like the trails were built better and I enjoyed the park more.

Blake got phone number from a young lady who drove from Santa Fe area. She says she rides at Angel Fire regularly. I'll have him ask her what she thought of Whitefish resort.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Blake got phone number from a young lady who drove from Santa Fe area. She says she rides at Angel Fire regularly. I'll have him ask her what she thought of Whitefish resort
Angel Fire is good if you've never ridden there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@mykel here is a mellow run down Smith, following my friend's 15ish year old daughter (in front of sketchy blue shirt).

Is the stump at 40 seconds? If yeah, just hop over it. :D

Can kind of also see that lower down, they've kind of fixed that sketchy loose section of trail.

And return of sketchy blue shirt in this video. They slowed up way more than I anticipated in the berm at 29 seconds. With all the loose sand it was impossible to slow down and not run him over...

Nice sounding rim strike 1:02 on the only rock on the trail. Derp.

These are from yesterday. Super dry out there.