Quantcast

the random thought thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I like flour tortillas more than corn. Fight me.

Anyone who is driving a car, that has a driving instructor company thing on it, and doesn't follow the rules of the road, should have their license removed for a year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Thinking about that time I was out on a bike ride and came across a senior gentleman in a crumpled pile at the bottom of a set of stairs. I, of course, called 911. First thing the responding officer said to me, "Did you hit him with your bike?"

You nailed it there, champ. A modern day Perry Mason. Superior detective skills. Clearly I rode 30' off the road to truck his old ass for fun then stuck around to call the ambulance. That's way more likely than him falling down the stairs he's at the bottom of. :rolleyes:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was listening to a new Alkaline Trio song today and I swear I heard the lyric "Two Nuns One Cup".

I don't want to look the lyrics up just in case I misheard them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Thinking about that time I was out on a bike ride and came across a senior gentleman in a crumpled pile at the bottom of a set of stairs. I, of course, called 911. First thing the responding officer said to me, "Did you hit him with your bike?"

You nailed it there, champ. A modern day Perry Mason. Superior detective skills. Clearly I rode 30' off the road to truck his old ass for fun then stuck around to call the ambulance. That's way more likely than him falling down the stairs he's at the bottom of. :rolleyes:
Ok. But did you hit him with your bike?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

I got Fired for this. I was a chem man for pools. I was driving down the street and saw this kid(12?) on his BMX Bike Loaded with a doubled sided newspaper bag get caught in his front wheel. This poor kid did an over the Bars Face Plant right in front of me. He was on the sidewalk. I was so upset by seeing this,I pulled the Truck onto the Curb. Ran out of the Truck to this Poor Little Sausage and he was just dazed and did not know what happened? So I sat there with him holding him. Checking his teeth and face and body. Tough little Trooper he was. He got lucky somehow? His head hurt,but I could not see much else? Are you ok buddy? I think so? He never even cried. I fixed his bike. Bag and papers all over,bars crooked. Made sure they were wrapped right. That was his mistake,he did not have the bags right on the bars,so Avy showed him his fault. Took about 35 minutes. You won’t see again,old school paper route. Good money it was.

Any way,Avy gets back to the shop and the Boss called me in the office.

You are Fired.

Why?

You ran over the PaperBoy,or made him crash. 3 different people on that street called the shop and said so. They said my Truck was On the Sidewalk,and right next to the boy. That you were holding him and felt bad about hurting him. Here is you’re Check.

And you believe that without asking Avy? They are not telling the Truth. If they saw that,they would have called the Police,and you and I would not be speaking.

He lifted his hand with the check and said good day.

Avy

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I got Fired for this. I was a chem man for pools. I was driving down the street and saw this kid(12?) on his BMX Bike Loaded with a doubled sided newspaper bag get caught in his front wheel. This poor kid did an over the Bars Face Plant right in front of me. He was on the sidewalk. I was so upset by seeing this,I pulled the Truck onto the Curb. Ran out of the Truck to this Poor Little Sausage and he was just dazed and did not know what happened? So I sat there with him holding him. Checking his teeth and face and body. Tough little Trooper he was. He got lucky somehow? His head hurt,but I could not see much else? Are you ok buddy? I think so? He never even cried. I fixed his bike. Bag and papers all over,bars crooked. Made sure they were wrapped right. That was his mistake,he did not have the bags right on the bars,so Avy showed him his fault. Took about 35 minutes. You won’t see again,old school paper route. Good money it was.

Any way,Avy gets back to the shop and the Boss called me in the office.

You are Fired.

Why?

You ran over the PaperBoy,or made him crash. 3 different people on that street called the shop and said so. They said my Truck was On the Sidewalk,and right next to the boy. That you were holding him and felt bad about hurting him. Here is you’re Check.

And you believe that without asking Avy? They are not telling the Truth. If they saw that,they would have called the Police,and you and I would not be speaking.

He lifted his hand with the check and said good day.

Avy
:thumbsdown: That's messed up. Sorry that happened to you.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On the drive home from work tonight, I took the back road instead of freeway.

I'm glad I did, as I got to witness a white donkey going to town on a wooden fence post, with its ass. Looked like a good time.

Anyways, it's late and that just popped into my mind again; aka random thought.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why people run when it's raining?
It's also raining in front of them.
But if they stop they get the wettest.

Your ideal speed is the one that minimizes the swept area of your profile that is normal to the flux of the rain over your distance to shelter. Ideally fly like superman through the rain.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was watching the Harley Fag episode of South Park and all of a sudden I can't hear the TV because of some twin cylinder POS probably near half a mile away.

I really hope they were watching the show and got so butthurt that they had to go for a ride and fag it up some.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was watching the Harley Fag episode of South Park and all of a sudden I can't hear the TV because of some twin cylinder POS probably near half a mile away.

I really hope they were watching the show and got so butthurt that they had to go for a ride and fag it up some.

One of my favorite road rides was up an over a mountain on a very nice twisty road. For some reason it was popular with people on Harleys. Used to pass them rather regularly on the descents, always good for a chuckle.