Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Independent frame builders

Found these guys by accident looking at google maps around my local trail system.

Not really my cup of tea, but really cool bikes IMO.

Here's one I'd rock if I were into hard tails: http://odditycycles.blogspot.com/p/shred-sled.html

Apparently they make custom frames, forks, handlebars, stems and seatposts too.

#smallbatchbikes :)

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009

Found these guys by accident looking at google maps around my local trail system.

Here's one I'd rock if I were into hard tails: http://odditycycles.blogspot.com/p/shred-sled.html

I love brands like oddity. The clues in the name, you won’t have your bike confused for anything offered from one of the big brands.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I appreciate the skill it requires to make something like that, but superfluous tubes on bikes makes my head hurt.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

Those are cool!

I like what these guys are doing with the stems.

BD0E5578-C746-44FE-A23D-A85CE835F2D5.jpeg

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
agree with @Westy disagree with others. those frames are hipster as fuck. heinous. and every single one is great for bar cruising and fire road riding and otherwise throwing in the trash.
Dude, have you been to Fort Collins? It is probably out hipstering Boulder. But our trails are better. That's right, FU Boulder! :D

Except for LHCOHV. Love you! :)

Anyways, I appreciate the creativity of the "hipster" frames. Not my jam, but it's pretty cool.

Axctually, I wouldn't mind trying one of their handlebars. As a guy with neck/back issues, I'm finding I need higher rise bars to crush the gnar without hurting myself. This seems kinda cool. But will it talk me out of my Spank bars with vibricore? Not bloody likely! :)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Dude, have you been to Fort Collins? It is probably out hipstering Boulder. But our trails are better. That's right, FU Boulder! :D

Except for LHCOHV. Love you! :)

Anyways, I appreciate the creativity of the "hipster" frames. Not my jam, but it's pretty cool.

Axctually, I wouldn't mind trying one of their handlebars. As a guy with neck/back issues, I'm finding I need higher rise bars to crush the gnar without hurting myself. This seems kinda cool. But will it talk me out of my Spank bars with vibricore? Not bloody likely! :)

Did your bikes get longer and your bars stayed the same height in the last few bikes? Sometimes longer reach needs a higher bar for me moldy back. Than and the bunny hop ratio.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Did your bikes get longer and your bars stayed the same height in the last few bikes? Sometimes longer reach needs a higher bar for me moldy back. Than and the bunny hop ratio.
Yeah, good point. Looking back, over time it has raised. The handlebar/grips used to be just under the saddle (when looking from the side, seat height fully extended) to equal with the saddle, to now an inch or 2 above the saddle.

Good to know I'm not the only moldy back guy! :)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Sounds like it depends on how sharp the rise is. They had a clever idea with the spacer tool to use when installing bars. I did see they have a small list of verified bars that fit.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Their seat binder looks interesting too. Both my main bikes have seatpost slipping issues; one with and one without a SHIMZ.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Their seat binder looks interesting too. Both my main bikes have seatpost slipping issues; one with and one without a SHIMZ.

I’ve been meaning to get at least one of those…

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
My Bikeyoke Revive dropper is a real nice piece of kit, I would not hesitate to buy another. I'm going on nearly 3 years without issue on my 185mm, the only thing it has needed in that time is a new cable and perhaps using the "revive" feature to remove top of travel squish.

I regrettably decided to replace my old KS on the Pedalhead with a new 210mm OneUp post (the price was right....) and this thing has about 5X as much saddle play as my 3 year old Revive.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
I have the squeezy and the willy.
Works geud.

I have an older one thats got a t20
Which is annoying since my multi has t15 and t25.
New squeezys come with t25.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My Bikeyoke Revive dropper is a real nice piece of kit, I would not hesitate to buy another. I'm going on nearly 3 years without issue on my 185mm, the only thing it has needed in that time is a new cable and perhaps using the "revive" feature to remove top of travel squish.

I regrettably decided to replace my old KS on the Pedalhead with a new 210mm OneUp post (the price was right....) and this thing has about 5X as much saddle play as my 3 year old Revive.
+1 on the Revive.
This will be my 185's fourth year.
The only thing I do is a revive push first thing in the spring and maybe another mid season.

Great dropper post.