Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I just got a set of them in MX / DT 350. They only weigh 58 (f) + 29 (r) = 87g more than my WAO Unions (also MX) with Hydras. Same no bullshit warranty, but half the price. Given that I've managed to break 2 WAO rims (older rear Agent, front Union), I view the Reserve warranty as kind of a challenge to my questionable line choices and tire pressures.

bikelurker

Chimp
Feb 19, 2023
And THIS is the picture they feature of exciting, engaging cycling we want to emulate?
(yeah, it’s not in the TDF)

View attachment 190238
To ride road bikes offroad is pretty fun actually, and away from traffic, safer.

Its a marketing problem really, they are bikes to go out and just frikin ride, mean to go places, putting clever names on them is bullshit

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Just ordered 3! My stupid e-bike cable routing +/- how I managed to get the housing wrapped around the chainstay (now sure how possible) could really use one of these, and I bet a kids bike and my wife's bike might benefit as well.

My e-mtb has Di2, on the other hand, so I'll just try to avoid grinding that wire between the rear triangle and a rock as I've done once before. (It holds the current gear when the cable's all mangled and not transmitting electrons, for the record, instead of defaulting to where the spring would have it go on a normal or old school rapid rise (remember those?!) derailleur.)
did you get these yet? I’m switching my trail pistol from x01 to XT and I’d like to do this right out of the gate.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
did you get these yet? I’m switching my trail pistol from x01 to XT and I’d like to do this right out of the gate.
Yeah, got it a week ago. Popped one on the commuter. Instructions entirely in Cantonese or the like but I figured out which way was up. Seems to work. Yes, I lost the plastic part of the barrel adjuster while doing this. Whoops

31396D35-12BC-4FD9-BE6C-0359ACE4831F.jpeg

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Oh so that won’t work on mtb derailleurs because they’re not threaded for barrel adjusters.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh so that won’t work on mtb derailleurs because they’re not threaded for barrel adjusters.
The white plastic part could probably be wrangled into the hole on an unthreaded derailleur.

That cable housing though.. :fie:
Got eaten in the cassette before. Would have replaced it but internally routed so didn’t feel like fishing it. I did pop in a new Optislick cable at least.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went out to the shed to install some new 165 cranks, as is the fashion. Found out I ordered the wrong length crank spindle, was a bit frustrated. (Sad trombone)
Then when shopping for a correct crankset, I found out that Race Face spindles were interchangeable.
Fucking stoked!
(Schwing!!)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
There's so much wrong with that Saint derailleur' cable routing surely it has to be ironic parody?

Excessive friction in the final cableoop into any shimano rear mech from the last 15yrs shouldn't really be an issue if you simply replace it once in a while and continue using good quality shimano cable outer with the correct Ferrules. The correct ferrule should firstly actually fit in the cable stop properly but also have a short extension so the bare inner cable isn't wearing against the aluminium where it leaves the stop. eventually snapping.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Hadn't seen an Urge helmet for yonks but decided to look them up after bullcrew post his broken full face.
Lots of recycling going on, good on them.
1678002860370.png

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I agree. but there's fuck all steezy about the saddle nose droop on that Giga

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Sorry but this is great. I don't know why or how this is different than the last red white and blue version of the same frame, but 1200 for a nice steel frame with geometry that isn't solely intended for racing DH is pretty cool.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Dakine stuff is generally well priced and has an awesome warranty too

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I always thought the cranks on my skatepark BMX bike felt really long (175), but upon checking I was surprise to see they're 170. A look on Dan's Comp shows the street BMX world offers cranks in every possible length so I have 160s on the way. I'm curious to see if they feel shorter than the 165s I've had on every DH bike.