Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Man - you must be talking the REALLY old days... Klein. Heh. :D
Yep, when these bikes were still made in the land where the company has their headquarter.
I never fell for them and was more into titanium bikes (that I couldn't afford), but also would have loved to own a Nöll.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haha, this is a funny rant coming from a *COUGH* Giant owner...:spartak:
Well - Giant has always been... well, Giant. It's not like they're trying to be anything other that the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world. :D

Yep, when these bikes were still made in the land where the company has their headquarter.
I never fell for them and was more into titanium bikes (that I couldn't afford), but also would have loved to own a Nöll.

Goddammit - I endo'd off my couch just LOOKING at that bike. :p

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Well - Giant has always been... well, Giant. It's not like they're trying to be anything other that the largest bicycle manufacturer in the world. :D

Goddammit - I endo'd off my couch just LOOKING at that bike. :p
The handlebar is behind the axle slightly, so less endo prone then some of the bikes my friends rode back in the day.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, at my shop our bread and butter brands were Rocky and Giant (and jamis, and Moots, and Titus)
Most of the Giant's we sold were under $2k, and most of the Rocky's we sold were above $3.5k. Just my observations (97' to 07').

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Aaron Gwin's twitter feed is full of retweeting coronavirus conspiracy stuff. I've given him the benefit of the doubt before, and even taken back some of the characterizations I've made about him, but no more. Guy's a selfish maroon.

Yeah, I know he'll be losing sleep over this. But, seriously, fack him.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Aaron Gwin's twitter feed is full of retweeting coronavirus conspiracy stuff. I've given him the benefit of the doubt before, and even taken back some of the characterizations I've made about him, but no more. Guy's a selfish maroon.

No need to worry. The lord will save him...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Gee, if only there were something that could have tipped you off the last 10 years.

Rock Jesus: I follow Christ
Also rock Jesus: yeah fuck the poor I'm buying a Mclaren

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Given how shitty the control system is they implemented on Steep I have very little faith in how good this will be. On the other hand I just got Descenders last week, and I haven't been this addicted to a game since GTA Vice City almost 20 years ago.

what is this, a rampage sim on super charged flow trails?

this is way more realistic (and hard af):

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
what is this, a rampage sim on super charged flow trails?
this is way more realistic (and hard af):

I like that it gives a first person view with a sense of speed, I'll take that over scale realism. It has controls for drifting and pumping, and spins aren't some button combo but fully controlled in any direction. There's more tech-ish trails in there as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I wonder if corona symptoms are...

... intense.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001

This is some fucked up bullshit.

If I was RedBull, I’d make a phone call to California RFN: Either you stop spreading conspiracy bullshit now or you find yourself a new helmet paint job for 2021.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

If I was RedBull, I’d make a phone call to California RFN: Either you stop spreading conspiracy bullshit now or you find yourself a new helmet paint job for 2021.
Just checked out his feed. Looks like he’s retweeted folks calling for treating COVID-19 with hydroxychloroquine. And that the fact that we are not treating it with hydroxychloroquine is a ploy to bring down the potus.

Let’s just say, I’ll continue to listen to the medical experts on this. Thanks for weighing in with your go fast on bikes expertise Aaron.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

That should be the case for all sponsors. Guy seems particularly unhinged since he’s no longer winning. Remember last year when he said fans were the hardest thing he’s had to deal with? Can’t seem to take some gentle ribbing. Everyone loves him... well, unsure about that anymore.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gwin's all in it for Gwin. The Jesus stuff is just an excuse to behave like a clown for some. Mick Hannah loves Jeebus too but doesn't come across as anything other than humble.

You'll never hear from Gwin again in a biking context the day he stops racing.

Ratty and Dale into QAnon isn't shocking. 50/1 is just the equation for the combined IQ of that entire group of idiot hippies.

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch
Can you show me where Dale and Ratboy are saying this bull? I hate to say it, but it’s a real hard hit for me. Bryceland is one of my very favorites in mountain biking.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Ratty had some controversial post on Insta a couple months back that he took down. I can't recall what it was about (maybe vaxx stuff), as I was probably stoned when I looked at it, and he was probably stoned when he posted it.

He's still a sick and inspiring rider. I'm not a teenager so I don't look to pro mountain bikers as role models or political-social-medical information sources.