Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
View attachment 181612

Next up for sale: one 1/2 of an ice cream sandwich. $1.99.
Makes total sense to me. Those misaligned rear swingarms cause uneven wear on the shock bushings, so you only need to replace the one that is worn. ;)
What about selling single socks, shoes, brake pads, gloves....the possibilities are endless! :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Drop in headsets and internal cable routing-

Bearing race is stuck in the lower headtube. Can't tap from the top without some sort of offset screwdriver. Can pry from the bottom, but that's a skinny headtube wall. Currently soaking in penetrant. Any other ideas? I can also just run an open bearing in the bottom, but I'd love to have a nice sealed setup.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Those are just cable stops. I am sadistic, but not sadistic enough to have designed production road bikes with internal cable routing a dozen years ago. The PF30 bb shell- now that sucks!

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
We all know that carbon bars are what’s wrong with the industry, but apparently these were Renthal Fat Bars. Now what? Solid steel bars?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
We all know that carbon bars are what’s wrong with the industry, but apparently these were Renthal Fat Bars. Now what? Solid steel bars?
Time for the press release!

***"As you all know, we at Renthal take quality, integrity and rider safety as our #1 concern. In that instance where (insert name) broke their bar,
A) it wasn't meant to be raced on
Or
B) the mechanic overtightened it cause his torture wrench was giving him issues all day.
Anyway, it wasn't our fault! Safety and integrity is #1!!! Thanks for your understanding, Leo Kokkonen

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Anyone else just got a "Thanks for subscribing to our marketing shit!" email from Vorsprung?
Yeah, I think I got the same one like a month back. I think their marketing email bot is burping up this to anyone who's ever bought something.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
This surely won't affect quality and reputation..

View attachment 182474
I'd take the job. Knowing that it's impossible. But at least I have "COO" on my resume! :D

IMO there's really not that much market to make that kind of revenue target. You'd gotta really sell out and make less awesome stuff that isn't in Industry Nine's strengths. I'm talking working with Pacific Bikes or whomever makes Huffy now to get that kind of quantity and revenue.

Am I wrong? Or just an asshole? Fight me. Actually no fighting, but it's funny to see that as a trend here.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So sell at Target/Walmart, but add more proprietary parts and standards = moar revenue?

Don't give the lizards any ideas

:D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was waiting for someone to post this. You were the last one expected to post some Hope content tbh :D

That article is just meh again. The diagram and its line below just tell everything. PB at its best.
To be fair, it seems to be mostly a product release ad created by Hope. Vital has the same thing posted..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
To be fair, it seems to be mostly a product release ad created by Hope. Vital has the same thing posted..

i thought we all had the understanding that that's pretty standard practice now when it comes to press releases?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Hope have been making short Eeb cranks for ages.
Crossover tech/ideas from Eeb to normal bikes is as enevitable as it used to be between DH and trail/derp.

@Flo33 I'm not a fan of anything Hope do. Nothing I can think of easily anyway.