Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
book-people, contribute to the reviews at NerdMedia:

http://tjclark.ath.cx:2500/nerdmedia/show/HomePage

when you edit pages, to make a new page for the title you use CamelCase. for example, to make a page for a book review of The Cantebury Tales you'd edit the Book Reviews page and add a line like:

# TheCanteburyTales (Chaucer)

then it would come up as

The Cantebury Tales ?, with the ? being a link. Click the ? and then you create the page itself. Please stick to the following formatting for the reviews:

[your name] writes about [author]'s *[title]*:

[review]

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i think 2 clk gtr flipped on that very same race. and mercedes withdrew the 3rd (i think)... because the cars were going airborne without any cause..
porsche has also a very similar crash with their gt1 in some track in the US..

in that one, the driver walks basically unhurt, he landed with the wheels down just in a clear area of the forrest.. and i think it took them quite a while to get the driver out.

i remember clearly because when i saw that in 99 on my favourite racing show, i was totally amazed, and they kept talking about it and analazing and stuff..

they said, that part of the track, and the design of the bottom of the car, created a high pressure zone in the nose, that lifted the car a little bit, but that tilt was enough at that speed for the air pressure to keep lifting the car until they went totally airborne... or something close to that...

search for the crash of kenny brack in the IRL like a couple years ago.. or the crash of some dude in the truck series of nascar in daytona like 3 years ago.. or (stan?) Fox crash in indianapolis in 95, where the carbon fiber tube broke in half right between the steering wheel and the seat, exposing his legs and chest and all, all left from the tube was the seat, and he was fine like 2 months afterwards.. then he died in a car accident in new zealand :O
those are among the most insane crashes i remember..
he was in coma for a few weeks, but he survived that, with no permanent injuries, and amazingly his legs and lower body were not injured!!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
this site is awesome

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/

good photography, interesting analysis (that i have no way of checking), and generally a in-the-pits look at the differences among the various models campaigned at le mans over the past few years. :thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
this site is awesome

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/

good photography, interesting analysis (that i have no way of checking), and generally a in-the-pits look at the differences among the various models campaigned at le mans over the past few years. :thumb:

daaaaaamn, that site is pretty sweet.. amd gonna waste a good many hours reading that...
and pseudo analysing that stuff with my almost 3/4 of an engineering degree... :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yo keith, i got myself some new planks: Rossignol 9X Oversize. 50% off + demo discount (as in they were demos, not that i demoed them), 174 in length.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
heh. it has morphed over the years. first off, i graduated in 2003 and in the process lost my riding group for which this thread was started. second, i haven't been on the bike more than 3 times this winter (all about the skiing). maybe i could get a mod to change the title... :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i picked up the second sportworks bob ratchet from rei today :thumb: . so now i'm all set to remove the ski mounts, get that bob ratchet up on the roof, and get my ride on. after my test on monday, of course...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
after shamefully striking out (and doubling) in our softball game two weeks ago i decided it would be a Good Thing to hit up the batting cages. so i did. i don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon: seattle traffic is hideous this time of the afternoon (4-6) and my wrist (left hand, remember i'm left handed) is killing me. what am i doing wrong? :think:

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Toshi said:
after shamefully striking out (and doubling) in our softball game two weeks ago i decided it would be a Good Thing to hit up the batting cages. so i did. i don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon: seattle traffic is hideous this time of the afternoon (4-6) and my wrist (left hand, remember i'm left handed) is killing me. what am i doing wrong? :think:
is this fast-pitch softball? If not, going to the batting cages are not going to help you (assuming it's a regular baseball batting cage). That nice level baseball swing does you no good for those big arcing meatballs. (I know from experience). Your wrist is probly just unhappy about the big bat you were using to take 100+ rips

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
WTGPhoben said:
is this fast-pitch softball? If not, going to the batting cages are not going to help you (assuming it's a regular baseball batting cage). That nice level baseball swing does you no good for those big arcing meatballs. (I know from experience). Your wrist is probly just unhappy about the big bat you were using to take 100+ rips
the cages had a lovely slow pitch softball unit as well, which was inconsistent, just like real pitchers :oink:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
So Keith and I and Kathy and Emily went to see the Diane Arbus show at the Met in NYC this weekend. It was a very good show and included a lot of her personal notebooks, letters, and such.

I think we photogs were inspired (hence our lens discussion earlier), though Keith was stymied by the fact that every photo store in NY is apparently closed for Passover.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i posted this in its own thread but it deserves to be preserved for posterity (or until i delete it off the server)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
i posted this in its own thread but it deserves to be preserved for posterity (or until i delete it off the server)

Mitsubishi PAJERO???????

Further information on the Mitsubishi Pajero SUV:
For the curious, the Spanish word pajero means ‘wanker’, from paja meaning ‘wank’ (literally, ‘straw’), in the expression hacerse una paja, (literally ‘to do oneself a straw’). These slang expressions come from the fact that both a straw and the penis are similar in being pipe-like. It is the first meaning to come to mind to Spanish speakers in both Spain and the majority of Latin America.
The Mitsubishi Pajero was renamed Montero (‘hunter in the mountains’) in Spain and the Americas, and — strangely — Shogun (‘Japanese warlord’) in the UK; but people in other parts of the world, including Australia and continental Europe, drive about cars which proudly proclaim their driver to be a Pajero in lettering along the side.

http://chameleon-translations.com/Index-Companies-pajero.shtml

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
heh. it's actually a pajero "rally raid" (think paris-dakar) prototype so slightly cooler than a garden variety montero.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i completed GT4 100% btw. too lazy to take another ghetto screenshot. and soon i will begin bike riding again, and perhaps even taking photos of said riding, once my poor and tired body recuperates (nursing a left wrist at the moment after too much racket sports). :eek: