Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He put so little into the punch, but it was the sum of all punishment. It just looks even worse since you don't see the prebeating.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
He put so little into the punch, but it was the sum of all punishment. It just looks even worse since you don't see the prebeating.
Oh no...I watched that fight...and I thought, "Wow...Forest just gave up!!". But then I watched the entire fight a few more times...and yeah...the prebeating was key. I think a knee/upper cut while shooting will do Chael in. Gameover.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, the fight with Forest was a clinic. He landed 99.8% of the shots and each one took a toll. If Forest could have gotten some leg kicks in or something, it might not been as fast. But you see it in his face that his mind was gone after the first few shots and he was in pure survival mode at that point.

The fact that the UFC has posted 3 parts to that lame ass video of Chael as the dude form Dos XX will only make the 90 second beating that much more embarrassing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Every single time I think about this upcoming fight, all I see is this:

But in this case, Chael shoots, catches an upper cut/knee, done.
Forrest was outclassed, and it was almost like suicide by knockout.

I was discussing the fight with my co-worker who is a fan of Sonnen.

I said that Silva has very good takedown defense and a tight grip when he is on his back.

But if Silva is on his back for 4 minutes, it can't be a good thing, so I think luck will be important in round 1.

I also said I bet at least one clinch will be broken up by the referee.

On the other hand, if Anderson's defense is as good as I hope, then Sonnen is going to get pounded. I even speculated by round 4, Silva may keep him on his feet to keep up the strikes.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Has anyone seen this... pretty cool.
I remember seeing this on PPV. Anderson was working Ryo's ass for the entire fight. This is actually considered by some to be the best submission ever. Too bad Ryo Chonan couldn't make things happen when he came over to the UFC.
There's another loss that I remember seeing on PPV back in the day. It was against a Japanese guy named Daisuke something. He was basically a nobody. He came in, controlled anderson on the ground, then threw in a triangle choke when anderson tried to roll him over and out of side control. Those are the only two losses I've seen since i've watched Anderson.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Has anyone seen this... pretty cool.
Wow, that was bad ass. It stil blows me away at how crazy accurate he is, though. He has smart bombs for hands, I swear. I can't stand Silvas attitude, but you have to respect the skills.

That heel hook was awesome, though.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Sonnen quote:
Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud.

More:
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Sonnen-stays-classy-claims-Armstrong-gave-himse?urn=mma-260243

I'm no Lance überfan or anything, but thats an as$hole statement... I hope Sylva humiliates him.

EDIT: Awesome... the dude is a nutbag. He later denied ever saying that even though he had said it on record.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/-I-never-spoke-of-Lance-Armstrong-ever-says-S?urn=mma-260358

In the video he hits on Michael Phelps too calling him a fraud for smoking grass... how does that make him a fraud?

To quote top gun... "Your egos writing checks your body cant cash."

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I see Fat Country had to cut weight...

Chael Sonnen (185 lbs.) vs. Anderson Silva (184.5 lbs.)

Thiago Alves (171.5 lbs) vs. Jon Fitch (170.5 lbs.)

Ricardo Almeida (170.5 lbs.) vs. Matt Hughes (170.5 lbs.)

Junior dos Santos (240 lbs.) vs. Roy Nelson (263 lbs.)

Rafael Dos Anjos (156 lbs.) vs. Clay Guida (156 lbs.)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know Nelson has a lot of skill, but it still has to hurt a little more to get beat by him knowing he isn't working as hard as others.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
If Sylva fights like a man hell finish Sonnen round one with a KO or TKO.
Alves by decision.
Almeida by TKO.
Santos round 2 by submission.
Anjos by submission or KO.

Not the most educated guesses ever on some of them...
Ill spread some rep to whoever predicts most outcomes right for tonight. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sonnen talked a lot more sh!t than I thought, wow. It will be interesting to see how it works out. They interviewed Anderson's trainer with a black eye because he caught a knee on a shot.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sonnen talked a lot more sh!t than I thought, wow. It will be interesting to see how it works out. They interviewed Anderson's trainer with a black eye because he caught a knee on a shot.
Really, I'm surprised Sonnen is not a teabagger.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Chael Sonnen (185 lbs.) vs. Anderson Silva (184.5 lbs.)

Thiago Alves (171.5 lbs) vs. Jon Fitch (170.5 lbs.)

Ricardo Almeida (170.5 lbs.) vs. Matt Hughes (170.5 lbs.)

Junior dos Santos (240 lbs.) vs. Roy Nelson (263 lbs.)

Rafael Dos Anjos (156 lbs.) vs. Clay Guida (156 lbs.)
well I have always said nelson is a solid fighter with some talent, this fight is make or break for me. If he wins, I still say he has some talent, if he loses then i eat crow.

MMA is so hard to predict.....

Silva (though I want sonnen to win, I have not watched him fight enough to say I think he has a chance)

Alves
Almeida, I think hughes is washed up....but we'll see.
Nelson (I haven't seen Junior fight enough, but I think he is actually the better fighter, but I have to root for nelson since i have defended him on this forum.)
Guida, no idea who the other cat is.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Junior needs to throw more kicks, but he is beating the piss out of that fat bastard.

<edit> Damn, who ever fights Big Country better bring a board with a nail in it. Don't waste your energy on the body shots, though.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my pirated connection is a bust.....yahoo's coverage is slow.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sounds like a bad prom night for silva....on his back and bleeding.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I knew it!

I am a smart and observant fight fan, but the bell is rung, I am a total fanboy. I had to bite my tongue when Silva was on his back for most of the fight, but when I saw his leg over Sonnen's shoulder, I knew the fight was over!

I had a feeling the fight would end with a leg triangle. That he Spider's best submission move because of his flexibility and his long legs.

Not everyone caught this but Sonnen sat up while in guard in the last round, and Silva tagged him with a jab.

While Sonnen dominated the fight, he hadn't hurt Silva as badly as it could have been. On the other hand, Silva's few opportunities to punch back, he got some good shots in, like the elbow that opened Sonnen's right brow.

It was a great card and I hosted a spectacular party. Wonderful night!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What was hard to fathom was Anderson's almost passive serenity. Despite taking heavy blows, it seemed like he was far away, like looking down from the heavens on the fight.

I wish he would have done more to stay on his feet, but no.

Even when he took Sonnen down, it was reversed seemingly with no effort.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Sonnen threw alot of punches but with little leverage. He would hammer fist him, but from like 3 inches off his face.

It was strange watching Silva on the mat, he did seem distance and almost not there. Like he was biding his time, except it was obvious that Sonnen controlled the pace and where the fight when. He just did little with it.

...and when the time came, the more experienced and better fighter caught Sonnen and that's, that.

That certainly wasn't the SIlva we've seen i the past, the one that subbed one of the greatest wrestlers ever, had the most embarrassing knock-out in ufc history and threw a knee that literally destroyed Franklins sinuses. However that was the Silva that justified why he's wearing the belt.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
well I have always said nelson is a solid fighter with some talent, this fight is make or break for me. If he wins, I still say he has some talent, if he loses then i eat crow.

MMA is so hard to predict.....

Silva (though I want sonnen to win, I have not watched him fight enough to say I think he has a chance)

Alves
Almeida, I think hughes is washed up....but we'll see.
Nelson (I haven't seen Junior fight enough, but I think he is actually the better fighter, but I have to root for nelson since i have defended him on this forum.)
Guida, no idea who the other cat is.
Damn, I really hate silva and was hoping chael would pull it out.

Missed the boat on both fitch and hughes....

well I was right, Junior was the better fighter, I still think Nelson is a tough dude, and pretty skilled, but he's not a contender right now.

2 right....not so good lol