Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I hope Silva knocks him out in 15 seconds.
Otherwise, he will have to meet The Donald in the boardroom.

I think Sonnen has a shot, but I also thought Forest could last more than 2 minutes and I was very wrong on that one. Silva has the skills, maybe he's bored?
Kid's gonna die.

Herb Dean better be the ref so he can yank Silva off of Sonnen after the 16th defenseless hit lands.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Silva's fight against Forest is still an all time fav. To drop a dude with a straight shot from the hip is bad ass. There were a couple of shots he threw last weekend that were scary accurate. But he needs to quit clowning.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i feel like forrest took a dive. that was an awful fight, especially for him being the supposedly stronger fighter.
It was a clear style mismatch. You put a guy with one of the highest hit percentages in MMA with a guy who throws looping overhand hay makers and that's what you get. Silva could hit him 3 times before Forest got a swing off.

I think the idea was you could hit Forest with a 2x4 and not knock him out, or so it seemed until Silva schooled him. That's why Silva needs to fight Machida.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Silva is going to kill Sonnen, easily.

That being said, who do you think is going to win the fights this weekend?

Shogun/Machida-I'm an old skool fan of Shogun, but I think he'll have a harder time with Machida this time. I'm hoping he goes to the ground. He's good there. Everybody says Machida is good there, but he's only been there once, with Tito. And Tito almost arm barred him. Tito can't submit sh!t, and he almost subbed Machida. Hmmm. Go Shogun.

Koscheck vs Daley-Both fighters are good, but I'm tired of Koscheck. I'm thinking Daley is going to win by knockout. If it goes to the ground (a lot, we all know Josh will take it there fo sho), Daley is going to get worn out by Josh's pace and lay and pray. I hope the Brit wins though. He's good, and he's new.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
my predictions are machida over shogun but i wouldn't be surprised if shogun won and i'm withya leppah koscheck is annoying and i hope daley knocks him out . then i've got to go for kimbo over the dude who was on tuf . only a couple of weeks away from the fight of the year rampage v. evans and i can't wait to see that one .

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Koscheck has bugged me since day one of TUF, but he has a lot of skills. I always hope he loses regardless of opponent. I don't care who wins in Machida/Shogun, I just want it to be as good of a fight as it should be. Last time was pretty lame IMO.

I doubt Silva will lose, but it would be awesome to see a redneck from West Linn, OR (he's from Gresham, he just tries to not be) beat him.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
koscheck the human blanket vs. diego "naptime" sanchez...there was a fight for the snooze button.

Kosch is not terrible but it's like he doesn't want to take chances or something.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Chael might do ok. Never know though. Every time we think someone is going to do ok against Silva, Silva proves the world wrong.

Anybody watching the "best of Pride" lately? Last week they had Wand highlights. He was the sh!t back then. He was only 25 and killin everybody back then. Same with Crocop. I named my boxer after Wanderlei, but everybody these days figures I named him (silva) after Anderson. Nope. Anderson is god-like though. Just wish they'd ban him from the 185 weight class after he kills Chael. They need to make him fight 205 permanently.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
my predictions are machida over shogun but i wouldn't be surprised if shogun won and i'm withya leppah koscheck is annoying and i hope daley knocks him out . then i've got to go for kimbo over the dude who was on tuf . only a couple of weeks away from the fight of the year rampage v. evans and i can't wait to see that one .
fail.

In your defense, anyone can win any fight on any given night in the ufc, sometimes the better fighter loses, last night, I am going to say that all of the fights were pretty evenly matched to begin with.

Dana says kimbo could be done, anybody give a damn?:rofl:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am going to put Machida/Rua in the realm of "Anyone can win". For all the talk about styles and leg kicks, Machida rushed in with a straight jab, and left himself open for a counter.

Maybe Lyoto was trying to change his style because of how close the previous fight was. I said Machida is going to regret this fight much more than if he had lost the last, because instead of being deliberate, he overreached.

I know some people are going to bitch about Koscheck, but the entire living room knew that Daley had committed a foul with his knee. Koscheck might have been faking it, but then again, he missed getting clunked by a millimeter by what was a blatant foul that would have caused serious damage.

Still, a little controversy was good, so seeing that cheap shot was good for 5 minutes of couch analysis.

I just missed Kimbo, but it was in agreement that he is a good guy. I just read that Dana White cut him. I suppose his results warrant that, but he is still a draw.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I know some people are going to bitch about Koscheck, but the entire living room knew that Daley had committed a foul with his knee. Koscheck might have been faking it, but then again, he missed getting clunked by a millimeter by what was a blatant foul that would have caused serious damage.

Still, a little controversy was good, so seeing that cheap shot was good for 5 minutes of couch analysis.
Of course he was acting, look at hte shots these guys take through out a fight, but the second a shot is an "illegal" blow they fall to the ground whining like bitches.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think Shogun was a bit too carefull in the previous fight and could have taken it the first time.
This time he just went in for the kill and he was more confident about it.
Last nights fight reminded me of Shogun in his pride days, hope he can keep it up. Definitely one of my favorite MMA fighters ever.

Rogan said that out of 29 rematches that half were won by the defender and half were won by the challenger, I guess best of 3 would be most honest but according to my book Shogun allready won the first two...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Of course he was acting, look at hte shots these guys take through out a fight, but the second a shot is an "illegal" blow they fall to the ground whining like bitches.
I disagree.

Guys don't take a clean knee to the face and come back smiling.

That's why it is illegal to knee someone on their knees.

You can protect or move on your feet, but not when you are on your knees and your opponent is on his feet.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I disagree.

Guys don't take a clean knee to the face and come back smiling.

That's why it is illegal to knee someone on their knees.

You can protect or move on your feet, but not when you are on your knees and your opponent is on his feet.
:rolleyes: yeah, ok.

He was either acting, or clean knees to the face should be allowed.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
They should get rid of the elbows and go to knees like PRIDE. Elbows are just for cutting people. That's why so many guys do "lay and pray". THey just hope for one good elbow so they can cut the guy and win that way instead of actually relying on some other techniques.

Way to go Shogun. He deserved that. He won't be dominant though. I'm thinking his first title defense is going to be against Rampage. He beat Rampage a long time ago though. He can do it again. But there isn't going to be a dominant 205 champ. That weight class is so competitive right now. Anybody can win at any time.

I can't wait to see Lil Nog fight again. I guess he's fighting some guy i've never heard of

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But there isn't going to be a dominant 205 champ. That weight class is so competitive right now. Anybody can win at any time.
:stupid:

Not only is 205 stacked with talent, but the style match-ups are seemingly endless. I would say there are at least 6 top tier guys who could be champ just based on who they fought.

Just look at how many times the title has bounced since Chuck lost to Rampage. You'd be lucky to get one solid title defense.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
:rolleyes: yeah, ok.

He was either acting, or clean knees to the face should be allowed.
I think Koscheck was acting, but one thing that you see all the time is shots to the groin.

If fighters don't act like their manhood has been maimed, the referee is less likely to call a warning/penalty.

Daley's knee was full force and not accidental, and I'm more likely to accept "gaming" the system than others.

Faking it highlighted the foul but I can understand why he should have just gotten up.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
They should get rid of the elbows and go to knees like PRIDE. Elbows are just for cutting people. That's why so many guys do "lay and pray". THey just hope for one good elbow so they can cut the guy and win that way instead of actually relying on some other techniques.

Way to go Shogun. He deserved that. He won't be dominant though. I'm thinking his first title defense is going to be against Rampage. He beat Rampage a long time ago though. He can do it again. But there isn't going to be a dominant 205 champ. That weight class is so competitive right now. Anybody can win at any time.

I can't wait to see Lil Nog fight again. I guess he's fighting some guy i've never heard of
I don't think Rampage is going to win anything. I watched Cung Le's masterful performance in "Pandorum" and he couldn't beat Scott Smith 6 months later.

I bet after the full publicity tour with A-Team, Rashad will pummel him.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I think Koscheck was acting, but one thing that you see all the time is shots to the groin.

If fighters don't act like their manhood has been maimed, the referee is less likely to call a warning/penalty.

Daley's knee was full force and not accidental, and I'm more likely to accept "gaming" the system than others.

Faking it highlighted the foul but I can understand why he should have just gotten up.
yeah I have seen dudes take one right to the groin and not even react, until after the ref stops the fight....

Regardless those guys are machines, they have such high thresholds of pain its amazing.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I don't think Rampage is going to win anything. I watched Cung Le's masterful performance in "Pandorum" and he couldn't beat Scott Smith 6 months later.

I bet after the full publicity tour with A-Team, Rashad will pummel him.
I just hope Rampage wins. I don't like Rashad as much. Rashad was a much better coach on the series, but he wasn't really forced into doing it like Rampage was. Plus, Rampage is another old school PRIDE fighter that I've been watching for a long time. He's had some good fights. He's only been knocked out by Wand. Rampage can take some hits. It'll be an interesting fight. Rashad is fast, but Rampage is powerful. I'll go with Quinton on this one. He already fought a guy a long time ago that fights like Rashad. His name is Kevin Randleman. Rampage knocked him the feck out.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This is funny. I was talking to a co-worker who I've lost a few petty bets over the UFC.

He is rooting for Rashad but thinks Rampage is going to win based his style. I'm the opposite: I am rooting for Rampage, but think Rashad is going to win on his conditioning.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I don't really think conditioning with be a factor with the two of them. I just think Rashad is way faster than Quinton. Quinton doesn't move his head much these days, and Rashad doesn't quit his stupid dancing when he fights. Pretty hard to hit someone that doesn't stop moving. Ask BJ penn about that.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Rampage has a better arsenal for stand up, but I doubt Rashad will even consider poking his head around with him. My guess is Rashad does some petty swings straight into a corner shoot to take Jackson down and gas him. It'll be a wallowing match.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rampage has a better arsenal for stand up, but I doubt Rashad will even consider poking his head around with him. My guess is Rashad does some petty swings straight into a corner shoot to take Jackson down and gas him. It'll be a wallowing match.
I hope the hate overrides instinct and they just stand and throw until someone drops. I would pay to see that.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I really hope that Evans gets KTFO by Rampage.

I think that Rampage will take more hits from Rashad, but with that massive head there will be little real damage. Rashad will take less shots but will have more damage done when he does get hit.

Rampage is not the Rampage of old though. When is the last time you saw him pick up someone while he is in their guard and slam them down so hard they pass out? It has been a while, huh?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I can't remember who Rampage fought a long time ago, but they didn't like each other at all. They came in the ring and fought off rage. It was awesome. Everything in the first 5 minutes was faster than normal.
I'm thinking Quinton is going to be getting Rashad against the fence, pulling his head down, uppercutting him and kneeing him in the face to win.
I can't really remember the last time Quinton was actually in someone's guard to tell you the truth. Seems like his fights are always on the feet. His takedown defense isn't that bad either. I don't think Rashad is going to try taking him down unless he just goes for the win by points. But they both hate each other, so i'm pretty sure they'll be trying for knockouts.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Laughed when I was reading Sherdogs recap of this past weekends Moosin MMA fights, and saw this pic showing the womens fight that was on the card....

Holy Diver! :p

Way too many funny captions for this....

Looking forward to this weekends Rampage/Evans match up!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Laughed when I was reading Sherdogs recap of this past weekends Moosin MMA fights, and saw this pic showing the womens fight that was on the card....

Holy Diver! :p

Way too many funny captions for this....

Looking forward to this weekends Rampage/Evans match up!
Just eat it, eat it , eat it
Get yourself an egg and beat it
Have some more chicken, have some more pie
It doesn't matter , it's broiled or fried
Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it, ooh