Quantcast

Val di Sol - 2024

Oz_Goose

Chimp
Jun 15, 2022
Love the Val di Sole track. I was combing Youtube yesterday for clips and came across Danny Hart's run in 2011. IMHO second best run ever at this venue. Note the berm destruction and g-out at 1:39. Freecaster + unfiltered Warner = ahhh, the good old days.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Love the Val di Sole track. I was combing Youtube yesterday for clips and came across Danny Hart's run in 2011. IMHO second best run ever at this venue. Note the berm destruction and g-out at 1:39. Freecaster + unfiltered Warner = ahhh, the good old days.

Whats the best?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn

Not to mention the super-clear, mid-run stats, where I am not doing quick maths and consulting a color wheel to figure out whether a rider is up or down, or trying to ignore a mid-live-run, split-screen, marble-mouthed interview with the 19th place rider who crashed 8 times

Oz_Goose

Chimp
Jun 15, 2022
Not to mention the super-clear, mid-run stats, where I am not doing quick maths and consulting a color wheel to figure out whether a rider is up or down, or trying to ignore a mid-live-run, split-screen, marble-mouthed interview with the 19th place rider who crashed 8 times
You forgot to mention a completely useless heart rate due to inaccuracies as it's not provided by a chest strap. I'd rather they provided live feedback on crotch humidity.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ah yes, the birth of rock jeebus.

DH racing was better when shorts were involved.

Word! That Helment was Sick. Just 2 more Gwin,a World would be nice,real nice. Avy will take 2 more win’s to go please.

Ride Gwinny Ride,all I really want is,Ride Gwinny Ride!

Avy

Oz_Goose

Chimp
Jun 15, 2022
Ah the days when half the field was hungover and the commenter was drunk...
One of the funniest I recall, Warner was pissing out the door of the commentary booth whilst still commentating the race over his shoulder.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of the funniest I recall, Warner was pissing out the door of the commentary booth whilst still commentating the race over his shoulder.
Now that's entertaining, although I prefer today's competitive environment, those who don't can bask in the glory of Elite Women.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You forgot to mention a completely useless heart rate due to inaccuracies as it's not provided by a chest strap. I'd rather they provided live feedback on crotch humidity.
Whoop must be stoked that even the commentary team mentions every race how inaccurate the data is. Great sponsorship plug.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Here's preview for what I believe is the marked out track:
3 thoughts:
1. this kid has speed and style. nice!
2. they seem to have tried to fill in the holes with dirt again. wonder how long that will last. I'm betting on 1/3 of b-practice on day 1
3. those course poles.... holy jeez was it ever hard to keep track of where he was at some points. I can see it being easy for riders to get mixed up in some of the chicanes they are putting in the wide spots. it's almost like they should have two coulors: 1 for the left side, 1 for the right side. of course this could just be the gopro effect, but still...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They've definitely marked it in a way to slow the track down in spots and force riders onto off camber stuff, which is cool. But super tight taped (poled?) in the 2nd half.

Has there ever been a track that was taped super wide, like double or triple that upper part and riders were just given free rein to figure it out?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They've definitely marked it in a way to slow the track down in spots and force riders onto off camber stuff, which is cool. But super tight taped (poled?) in the 2nd half.

Has there ever been a track that was taped super wide, like double or triple that upper part and riders were just given free rein to figure it out?
Les Gets

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey Boy’s,

On the 1st Wyn Track Walk Video at 3:00,he is talking about just jumping the Whoop Pad all together.

Is that Legal?
Is there any update on the matter?

Fucking Ronan with that Bryceland copy is too much. He is Nails with that.

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hey Boy’s,

On the 1st Wyn Track Walk Video at 3:00,he is talking about just jumping the Whoop Pad all together.

Is that Legal?
Is there any update on the matter?

Fucking Ronan with that Bryceland copy is too much. He is Nails with that.

Avy
Yeah, good question. Not sure what the rule is with those pads are. If I were racing, the move to just the poles would kinda take me a moment vs the tape. But I do like the poles. To me, it kinda gives you more vision. LIke nothing to catch on you or your bike. But that's just me.