Quantcast

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
(WARNING-Obligatory smart ass comment follows.)

As if being French wasnt punishment enough?

After they cheated their way in, you expected more?
they got what they deserved, everyone in ireland was calling mexico the boys in green(our nickname) for that day and all the papers headlined 'the boys in green 2 - cheats 0' etc.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So how is USA looking? I've got the ESPN GameCast going.
Alright. Had a scare earlier when Algeria hit the crossbar, but the US had a couple really good chances, and had a goal taken back on a close, but probably correct offside call.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They've been shooting very freely, which has lead to a couple of really horrific misses, but some good opportunities too. Aside from the one Algerian near goal, they've had a pretty good lock on things defensively.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Altadore just missed a wide open net. Per the announcer "It's not the worst miss we've seen in this World Cup, but it's certainly in the top 10."

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Alright. Had a scare earlier when Algeria hit the crossbar, but the US had a couple really good chances, and had a goal taken back on a close, but probably correct offside call.
They've been replaying the goal, and it was a totally blown call. Exactly even with the defender..........

If the US doesn't make it due to *another* blown call, I'm giving up on this World Cup. Maybe FIFA can get their sh!t together for 2014.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It looked to me like he was half a step in, but I didn't get to see it from a very good angle. I'm watching some super ghetto pirated stream right now because I can't get to a TV and don't have ESPN 3.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
They've been replaying the goal, and it was a totally blown call. Exactly even with the defender..........

If the US doesn't make it due to *another* blown call, I'm giving up on this World Cup. Maybe FIFA can get their sh!t together for 2014.
2nded

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If we tie and England Wins - are we done? Would it be England and Slovenia advancing?
Yes. If both games tie, we're done unless the England game is tied at a score 3 (or is it 2?) or more greater than the one at which the US game is tied. So basically we have to win this.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

oh yea!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
why? we've sucked every other year. what would make this different if we didnt win?
The key word is advance out of the group. This was the weakest group we've ever been in I think - so to not get out of such a weak group would have been an epic fail. See where I'm going with this?