Quantcast

Worlds 2006 - Rotorua NZ

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
He's doing okay. Had a huge hassle with USA Cycling over his paperwork, and only got one practice run before qualifying, but he made it.

His first gate is going to be tough, though: Prokop, Cody Warren and Amiel Cavalier.

They race tonight (8pm CA time)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
HeyLady said:
wcsn.com has changed their schedule, too. It was saying "watch live Aug 22-27." I sent them an e-mail because there was never a link for "live", and they didn't answer me, but now their schedule says "Webcast Aug. 30":mumble: :redhot:
I'd demand $$ back if I'd already paid for it. 30 or 60min recap 3 days later isn't the same as watching it live...

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
dante said:
I'd demand $$ back if I'd already paid for it. 30 or 60min recap 3 days later isn't the same as watching it live...
Since I cant be there, which is killing me, I figure some highlight clips will be better than nothing. I'll already know the outcome - Mikey will be back home before it airs!!!

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Nonono, I mean for DH...I really want Riffle to win Dh and Mikey to win 4X but I am a Big fan of Mick and he is definately on the list of could-be Champs. I think Riff will be there shortly and Mike will be there faster than most. Also I am an Andrew and Logan fan, those kids kill it and are hilarious to boot. Great representation of our country this year in my opinion. Go Team USA!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Fokk 'em all...I hope it pours. If it does, you'll see Herndon's grin from a mile down course. Someone should take a pic of his facial expression when a course is dry and sunny then put it side by side of him when the rain is coming down. Never seen him happier than when the monsoons came in at Sugar and the Open this year

Icy

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
If Matti did crash in the seeding, damn, he's really pushing Peat and Rennie then eventhough they did'nt hit it at full gas, dont think any of the top guys did.

If it rains I'd put even more money on him, he really kills it in snow/mud !

So nice to see a really good and hard working guy finally racing at the level he deserves..

Do it Madi!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
bizutch said:
Fokk 'em all...I hope it pours. If it does, you'll see Herndon's grin from a mile down course. Someone should take a pic of his facial expression when a course is dry and sunny then put it side by side of him when the rain is coming down. Never seen him happier than when the monsoons came in at Sugar and the Open this year
you two should date. seriously.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heath Sherratt said:
Nonono, I mean for DH...I really want Riffle to win Dh and Mikey to win 4X but I am a Big fan of Mick and he is definately on the list of could-be Champs. I think Riff will be there shortly and Mike will be there faster than most. Also I am an Andrew and Logan fan, those kids kill it and are hilarious to boot. Great representation of our country this year in my opinion. Go Team USA!!!!
First you say Hannah now you are rooting for Team USA.

Flip flopper, just like John Kerry!

Just kidding!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Ltfoot said:
Did anyone read Tara's Webpage about poor Renee Junger.

"In other bad news I found out that the young Aussie girl that crashed yesterday is paralized from the waist down I believe."

http://www.tarallanesracing.com/tarablog/index.htm

Cycling news is saying she broke the C1 and C2 bones in her neck and has suffered spinal trauma at T6. She has also suffered two broken ribs and a fractured sternum. They were going to operate on Friday to stabalize things. Lets hope when the swelling goes down things improve. It sounds like the T6 injury is the worse of the two.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
T23 said:
Hey Pbody have you heard from Hank and if so hows he liking it?
As merrrrjig mentioned, he is having fun and LOVES the course, other than playing the mud tire game. He crashed in morning practice before seedign run trying to keep speed up for the water jump, so then he decided to just do the "go-around" for the seeding run, and then lost it twice two times later. Now if he can just put it together for his race run.

If anyone would like to receive email updates from me, please PM your email address.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Zutroy said:
Cycling news is saying she broke the C1 and C2 bones in her neck and has suffered spinal trauma at T6. She has also suffered two broken ribs and a fractured sternum. They were going to operate on Friday to stabalize things. Lets hope when the swelling goes down things improve. It sounds like the T6 injury is the worse of the two.
I just read that... Horrible. I wish her the best.

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Well i can't find the damn list for the worlds, but i don't think Italy would get another worlds so soon after last year, my son swears it is in Japan

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
2008 Mountain Bike/Trials: Val Di Sole (ITA)
The Australian Capital Territoy region (home territory of Canberra) has put in a strong bid to host the 2009 Worlds and announced that it feels confident the bid will be successful.

(From cycling news)

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Zutroy said:
O my...:help: Prayers for her recovery. What a trauma.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
beaverbiker said:
Heath, you're such a patriot. I say go MIKEY. Norcal love.
What? you're not down with the Riff? Plus I really like the yungun's, I hope they do well. I'm really surprised by Andrew, he's come a ways quickly. I hope they do great. Michaels my favorite though, he's my little buddy. Growing to be such a strapping young man. I'm so proud. :rolleyes: Bummer about the creds drama though.:redhot:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
T23 said:
Well i can't find the damn list for the worlds, but i don't think Italy would get another worlds so soon after last year, my son swears it is in Japan

It's italy again, they're also hosting road, marathon and Cyclo-cross worlds in 08. Track is pretty much the only thing they didn't get.

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
4X starts in 20 minutes. Has anyone found a site that's going to broadcast it? This is killing me................:dead:

Go Jeremikey!!!!!;)

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
Early results:

Talked to Mikey briefly - he and Amiel Cavalier went out in the first heat. Prokop and Cody advanced.

I also heard that Lars Sternberg made it to the second round, along with Lopes.

Also heard that Houseman went out first round - Roger Rinderknecht and JK advanced out of that heat.

Those are the only ones I heard before that phone cut off.:mad:

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
DHperu said:
does anybody know why kyle strait isn't at the worlds??? he injured?
he decided he didn't want to race this weekend, and go do really good at dirt jumping.

(super 8 referance)