Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

codykjwalton

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
bullcrew, did you find any rides going on tomorrow, all my buddies are gone and im looking for a fun ride to do.

let me know if somethin comes up otherwise ill be riding laguna

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm out for Saturday.. got a buncha things going on..

but i'm thinking a DJ session on Sun. afternoon

codykjwalton

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
do you know any areas in Poway, i want to explor Twilliams or other areas in Poway with someone who knws the trails. if not, i am proly just planning on riding laguna.

bull ill call if you dont respond on here.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Where is sully at? (sully canyon.... i know but where is the meeting area at? Coming up the 15 headed north, where to?
As far as I can tell I need to be NW of Bv hells!
http://www.rydezilla.com/tmb_trail_detail.php?trailID=240
we usually meet just east of where bayless and queensferry split (residential street parking, most of the cars on the street are sporting bike racks on weekends)
there is also a geoladders link on the first page of this thread

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah I was on my F- game yesterday, didnt realize 2 coffees and 3 red bulls on an empty stomach is a good idea. :D
Had to crank the damper all the way on to compensate for the arm jigglies. To those who had to wait for me wrecking, sorry man.... Ill be on my A-game next time. Injurys mixed with caffeine suck, love the trail though, gotta get used to the loose material and leaves over loose gravely sand........ OUCH!!!!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Yeah I was on my F- game yesterday, didnt realize 2 coffees and 3 red bulls on an empty stomach is a good idea. :D
Had to crank the damper all the way on to compensate for the arm jigglies. To those who had to wait for me wrecking, sorry man.... Ill be on my A-game next time. Injurys mixed with caffeine suck, love the trail though, gotta get used to the loose material and leaves over loose gravely sand........ OUCH!!!!
Where did you guys ride?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mammoth was sweet....some good riding. Loose as always, but my loyalty can be bought with gondolas. Adam was ripping on the bottlerocket. I stepped up and finally hit the roller on chainsmoke. Ate it the first time, but went back up and took the right line and was fine. I didn't really take a digger, it's just that if you go too far right you get spit out into the really loose stuff. Techno Rock was ok, but not as good as I was hoping. Some good features, but not a lot of thought into the trail, just seemed thrown together. The rock drop to ladder is the only part I didn't do (wish I did now). Got to ride with some cool peeps and had a great weekend. Saw some brown bear cubs and the momma bear from about 20 feet away, right at the parking for Mammoth Mtn Inn.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
some pix may be comming soon. i couldn't be toubled to stop my riding to take them :)

kazlx was kicking @$$ that roller was HUGE!

i punished the new boxxer enough to make it burp oil :) i think i'm getting some new brake lines and pedals for the gnar up there. i also put a good dent in my downtube.

the conditions were loose and crapy, but that is mammoth for ya. i hit some bold lines, by my standards. i played it a bit conservative since i am going to whistler in a few weeks. i didn't want to get hurt and miss that trip :crazy:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I will probably be out on the dirtbike on Friday, have plans/ have to work Sat. Should be open for a ride on Sun/Mon.

Should have taken some more pics, but my camera sucks and I was too busy riding...

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
blah, blah, blah.. too busy riding...
the usual excuse hehehe :busted:

i'm down to ride this weekend.
really itching to hit the DJ's

p.s. somebody needs to kick bneall in the ass, and make him get back on the bike. pronto. :banana:

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
the usual excuse hehehe :busted:

i'm down to ride this weekend.
really itching to hit the DJ's

p.s. somebody needs to kick bneall in the ass, and make him get back on the bike. pronto. :banana:
i'm always down for a saturday morning session.........sounds like we need to sit bneall and bullit21 down and have an intervention
:bonk:

Aug 23, 2007
San Dimas
Mammoth was sweet....some good riding. Loose as always, but my loyalty can be bought with gondolas. Adam was ripping on the bottlerocket. I stepped up and finally hit the roller on chainsmoke. Ate it the first time, but went back up and took the right line and was fine. I didn't really take a digger, it's just that if you go too far right you get spit out into the really loose stuff. Techno Rock was ok, but not as good as I was hoping. Some good features, but not a lot of thought into the trail, just seemed thrown together. The rock drop to ladder is the only part I didn't do (wish I did now). Got to ride with some cool peeps and had a great weekend. Saw some brown bear cubs and the momma bear from about 20 feet away, right at the parking for Mammoth Mtn Inn.
Hey Joe & Adam, good riding with you guys at Mammoth. We gotta do it again b4 it closes for the season.

Frank

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My next free weekend is Oct 5,6,7 if we want to get a crew for N*. I won't be able to make the weekend I had originally planned.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Here's the new build guys.

Took it for a test run today @ Sully, a couple of first impressions.

- Heavy:biggrin: Pedaling was a b*tch, especially w/ flats.
- More stable in the air (but could be b/c its a size smaller than the Coiler
- Easier to flick around corners (again, could be size)
- Even at 6.1 setting, rear was super plush and progressive. Makes me wonder how the 7 setting feels. Will never ride air again.:crazy: Still needs to be dialed.
- No complaints w/ the fork. I love the sensitivity of the compression settings...still dialing.
- Rear end seemed to flex a bit on harder hits. Maybe rear shock setting?

All in all, its a super fun bike. I'll see how she does in Mammoth.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Bolt on is key for the rear. The AS-X is a pretty stiff bike. Your wheel or tire is moving more than the frame.

For Mammoth put that bad boy in 7" mode. The 6" mode was designed around 150mm forks.

How did the Codes feel?