Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hahaha. pix soon. i'm working now. the barn door will make you sh@t. i didn't do it, but i saw someone hit it.

btw - i need details on the northstar trip for early august. dates and drivers and hotel info is appreciated. i gotta reserve the vacation time and book a room.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'll be in Vegas this weekend for some debauchery so Wilson is a no go.

I'm going to Tahoe Aug 8-12 and camping w/ the fam @ Emerald in South Tahoe. Probably hit N* that Friday and Sat. I think Bneal, Blender & crew is hitting Mammoth next weekend, Aug 4th-5th(which I also may be down for).

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Report back how N* is, I may head up there at some point before the season is over but will definitely be up there next year.

As for Wilson I'll probably be in if we do the main route (Mt. Lowe, Merrill, Sunset, etc.). Sturtevant is quite a bit of driving isn't it? I always see Wilson as enough of a drive already, I'm in the car for more than 2 hours round trip including the shuttle.

I'm bummed, my new Big Hit frame won't be here until Monday, thought I'd get to try it out at Wilson this weekend :rant:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
tgreathead said:
I'm bummed, my new Big Hit frame won't be here until Monday, thought I'd get to try it out at Wilson this weekend :rant:
niice!.. retiring the Azonic?

i'm free all damn day on Saturday, so I'm down for whatever.
Bneall and I were talking about camping out at Kenter all day. :brows:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
niice!.. retiring the Azonic?

i'm free all damn day on Saturday, so I'm down for whatever.
Bneall and I were talking about camping out at Kenter all day. :brows:
No, I'll have both up and running. Have enough spare parts to build it so the plan is to lighten the Saber eventually, maybe when that Roco Air TST comes out. Here's the new frame, I bought it knowing that the Vanilla would come off since I have an old DHX5 that fits:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Earlier , the better works for me. I lent somebody my rack and don't know if i'll get back by Sat morn. but I can shuttle 3 bikes/riders if everyone can take thier front wheel off.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
lets get a quick head count....... say meet at the jpl area parking lot at 7 (that should put us at the trailhead and riding by 8, done by 11) who is in?
edgy
tgreadhead
blender
bneall
scarredone
bullit21
kickstand
i can take up 5 plus a grip of bikes, and can go earlier if that is the majority

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
lets get a quick head count....... say meet at the jpl area parking lot at 7 (that should put us at the trailhead and riding by 8, done by 11) who is in?
edgy
tgreadhead
blender
bneall
scarredone
bullit21
kickstand
i can take up 5 plus a grip of bikes, and can go earlier if that is the majority
I should be in, supposed to be about 90 up there on Saturday though.

My car will fit me and 3 others but only one extra bike. When you say done by 11 are you including driving back up to get cars?

I think I've ridden with most of you and don't think I'm much slower, just want to make sure I'm not going to hold back guys that expect the whole run to take an hour.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
edgy
tgreadhead
blender
bneall
scarredone
bullit21
kickstand
I'll know for sure if I can make it Fri afternoon. 7 am is good but if all want to make it earlier, I'd be down too.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm with bneall.. we might do something with more mellow time constraints
like an afternoon Kenter session

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Just found out I may be going out of town for the weekend, If I'm still going I won't know until late Friday night. I guess I'll just show up before 7 if I'm gonna make it.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
id be down for wilson, just not down with the time constraints. So I'm out.
there were no time restraints....... just a general idea if you were not familiar w/ the ride. most excursions at wilson take about 3 hrs (+ or - depending on breaks and mechs) ride time. add in another 30 for the trip up and 45 give or take for the return shuttle. it seems like everybody is open on start time but as we found out last time earlier is usually better

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
there were no time restraints....... just a general idea if you were not familiar w/ the ride. most excursions at wilson take about 3 hrs (+ or - depending on breaks and mechs) ride time. add in another 30 for the trip up and 45 give or take for the return shuttle. it seems like everybody is open on start time but as we found out last time earlier is usually better
Glad to hear we're on the same page, I've done Wilson runs in the past where people don't want to stop for even a second. I always allow about 3 hours of riding time. Even though I've done it in quite a bit less depending on the route, mechanicals and unexpected delays can always come into play.

If I can go any time will be fine with me as long as its not earlier than 6 :brows:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'll be there at 7am in a RED suburban. I may be joined by 2-3 other riders. See you there.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Congrats to Jason for bringing home second place last night in Expert Cruiser 30-39 at Simi BMX.

I qualified for the main after finally being able to clip and passed a fat kid in the rhythm section. I pedaled through the last berm and completely demoralized him. Of course in the final I came in last and got absolutely owned by a 14 year old...girl.

How was the Wilson run guys?

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Redbox was nice, pretty fast until the sun really came out :disgust1: . The only way it could've been better is if we all crashed a lot trying crazy lines and boosting everything in sight. As always, it was a blast riding with y'all. Until next time.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Nice going J. !!

Scott, what bikes do you guys ride at the BMX track?
I'm really itching to try it out... not necessarily racing, but i would really like to check out the track.

Congrats to Jason for bringing home second place last night in Expert Cruiser 30-39 at Simi BMX.

I qualified for the main after finally being able to clip and passed a fat kid in the rhythm section. I pedaled through the last berm and completely demoralized him. Of course in the final I came in last and got absolutely owned by a 14 year old...girl.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Nice going J. !!

Scott, what bikes do you guys ride at the BMX track?
I'm really itching to try it out... not necessarily racing, but i would really like to check out the track.
We were both riding hardtail DJ bikes. Mine is more of 4X bike, Soul Cycles Loki. Picked the frame up for $69! Your Vagrant would be right at home.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181390

If you go to practice you might as well race, it is fun and J went home with a trophy to show off to the family.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
damn dude.. that frame was one hell of a deal!

i've never tried a BMX track before (i guess Kenter is kinda BMX-ish), so i'm curious what all the hype is about.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm back from the sickness of portland. i'm in for riding some of our pathetic, sandy crap we call "bike trails" here in socal this weekend.
dude.... i can't see any of your Portland pics
i don't belong to mySpace cult, so it won't let me see sh!t

:crazy:

plz 2 B posting pix here.. kthx

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
i'm back from the sickness of portland. i'm in for riding some of our pathetic, sandy crap we call "bike trails" here in socal this weekend.
It actually sprinkled last night so we got at least .02 inches of rain...take that Portland.

Where's that RR?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
It actually sprinkled last night so we got at least .02 inches of rain...take that Portland.

Where's that RR?
hey randy, you still thinking about the BlindSide? Pretty sure they're taking pre-orders, and will ship them out in the fall.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
hey randy, you still thinking about the BlindSide? Pretty sure they're taking pre-orders, and will ship them out in the fall.
Yeah, I'm considering it but I'm still on the fence. I think they are going to release it as soon as August which would make a perfect bday gift for myself.:brows:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
wtf??? what's all that green stuff??? those tall pointy things are trees right? i've heard about those

and is that *gasp* .. dirt?

where's all the dust and rocks at

*sarcasm off*
killer pics dude! them northern locals are hardcore