Quantcast

Service Dogs, Medical Marijuana, and other overused security blankets

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Very relevant to this thread, I got into a "debate" with the GF about taking our dog places with us, specifically restaurants. She has selected restaurants/bars to go to solely because they are "dog-friendly".....last Friday night, we went out to a local bar for a few drinks around 9pm, and she wanted to take our dog because they had a dog-friendly patio. I had to explain, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you're traveling for hours and need to grab a bite to eat and don't want to leave Fido in the car in the hot summer heat, sure. If it's a place specifically intended to bring dogs, sure. But if you're going 5min up the road from your house for an hour or two at 9pm, there's no logical reason to bring a dog with you. Her rationale was he'd rather be with us than home alone, but I'm not sure sitting under a bar stool tied to a leash is all that fun. Besides, just because you love the dog more than your love your SO, doesn't mean every other patron in the place loves him, too.

She was a bit pissed but eventually listened to me (AS ANY GOOD WOMAN SHOULD*). I was somewhat vindicated when the topic came up with her parents and sister, and they all agreed with my point of view. So there's that.

*Sarcasm
Trying to grab a drink around the corner and some dick heads brought their huge rotty into the bar
The damn thing keeps barking it's head off anytime anyone moves. Owners are gently begging it to stop, giving it treats and not leaving. Simultaneously pussies and assholes.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I live in a half wealthy, gentrified, half hippy, pseudo mountain town. People bring their dogs EVERYWHERE, including any and every bar and brewery. I'm gladly take that to their kids.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Serving sizes. I've got a box of Nature Valley crunchy granola bars. The box says "24 Bars" in big font, but that's because there are 12 wrapped bundles of 2 bars, and the serving size on the side of the box says "2 bars." Are you kidding me?! Why not break that 2-bar bundle in half again and advertise 48 bars in a box (ignoring the fact that it's still the same amount of food in each wrapper, and still 12 servings)? I've never seen Kit-Kat claim 4 bars, simply because they have 4 "segments."

I've seen similar nonsense on soft drink bottles, saying 2.7 servings per bottle. Tell me what's in the package, assuming I'm going to consume it in one sitting, unless it's clearly a bulk item, like a 2 liter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Serving sizes. I've got a box of Nature Valley crunchy granola bars. The box says "24 Bars" in big font, but that's because there are 12 wrapped bundles of 2 bars, and the serving size on the side of the box says "2 bars." Are you kidding me?! Why not break that 2-bar bundle in half again and advertise 48 bars in a box (ignoring the fact that it's still the same amount of food in each wrapper, and still 12 servings)? I've never seen Kit-Kat claim 4 bars, simply because they have 4 "segments."

I've seen similar nonsense on soft drink bottles, saying 2.7 servings per bottle. Tell me what's in the package, assuming I'm going to consume it in one sitting, unless it's clearly a bulk item, like a 2 liter.
have you heard of a thing called "marketing"?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a friend from highschool has a papillion for a service dog for their daughter who has exorcist type seizures.......

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Very relevant to this thread, I got into a "debate" with the GF about taking our dog places with us, specifically restaurants. She has selected restaurants/bars to go to solely because they are "dog-friendly".....last Friday night, we went out to a local bar for a few drinks around 9pm, and she wanted to take our dog because they had a dog-friendly patio. I had to explain, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If you're traveling for hours and need to grab a bite to eat and don't want to leave Fido in the car in the hot summer heat, sure. If it's a place specifically intended to bring dogs, sure. But if you're going 5min up the road from your house for an hour or two at 9pm, there's no logical reason to bring a dog with you. Her rationale was he'd rather be with us than home alone, but I'm not sure sitting under a bar stool tied to a leash is all that fun. Besides, just because you love the dog more than your love your SO, doesn't mean every other patron in the place loves him, too.

She was a bit pissed but eventually listened to me (AS ANY GOOD WOMAN SHOULD*). I was somewhat vindicated when the topic came up with her parents and sister, and they all agreed with my point of view. So there's that.

*Sarcasm

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to have a few beers after work on Friday at a local brewery. Place was pretty crowded but was annoyingly full of small kids. A pretty questionable choice for a place that only sells beer. One of the parents gave me a dirty look after I inadvertently dropped a few f-bombs. Keep your fucking children out of bars if you don't want them to hear shit that gets said in bars. You may think that your lifestyle doesn't have to change now that you have kids, but I can guaranfuckingtee that my lifestyle isn't going to change because you decided to have kids.

[\rant]

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went to have a few beers after work on Friday at a local brewery. Place was pretty crowded but was annoyingly full of small kids. A pretty questionable choice for a place that only sells beer. One of the parents gave me a dirty look after I inadvertently dropped a few f-bombs. Keep your fucking children out of bars if you don't want them to hear shit that gets said in bars. You may think that your lifestyle doesn't have to change now that you have kids, but I can guaranfuckingtee that my lifestyle isn't going to change because you decided to have kids.

[\rant]
That's why I swear at home. When my kid is in the bar nobody should have to worry about their language.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My kids like to come to breweries and play corn hole with all the desperate 30 something single women.
The 14yo particularly enjoys looking down their shirts when they collect their bags.

Watching them cock-block the Bros is pretty fucking entertaining actually.
They glare at me from inside their CrossFit shirts and I pretend I'm scared by ordering another round.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Paper. Two package size issues here. One, TP now comes in sizes that don't fit TP holders. It's cute with Dodger Dogs overlapping the bun, but when that dog comes out, I don't want to manage a roll which won't turn because it's jammed in the holder, like Lex Steele in Piper Perri.
Two. Thanks for trying to sell paper in reams that are sized to fit the paper cartridges in my office printer. However, my coworkers can't be bothered to put more than a half a package in any time the cartridge goes empty. Feel free to just sell paper in any sized package, since people give zero fvks. (Im certain this is a poopdeck, but it's worth repeating).

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
i usually pass out 10 minutes into flight.
F-you. If only they'd inject me up with something to make me pass out, throw me in the cargo hold, then inject me with something to wake me up when I get there. I'd be like fucking teleporting with none of the bad memories of traveling.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Junk food sales for kids' stuff. I get it. Your little one has a team, and it needs funding. However, I'm tired of seeing people at the office buy cookies, candy, and doughnuts, and then on the day of delivery, the lunchroom is flooded with open boxes of "eat this" sugar. It's extra painful watching employees I know have health issues related to their diet knock back a few doughnuts before lunch. Can we not poison the coworkers? If you buy these items, take them home. Can I just give you a dollar? Can you sell me something useful, like a shim?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
when I fly I'm seated, then I install my end-of-the-world earplugs, then a few moments later I open my eyes in some other faraway place. I would never ever fly without silencing the world.

edit: also to stay on topic, I'd honestly rather spend time with some service dawg next to me on a flight vs stay engaged with most people.

#grouchywithage

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
image.jpeg

Really? A door doily and related receptacle? I'm sure sick days taken and health insurance costs are dropping like stones since the introduction of this antiviral voodoo hoopajoop.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
View attachment 124883

Really? A door doily and related receptacle? I'm sure sick days taken and health insurance costs are dropping like stones since the introduction of this antiviral voodoo hoopajoop.
Wanna creep your coworkers out ? Pull half the "doilies" out, drag a lubed condom across them then reload the dispenser. Everyone knows that smell.

Last edited: