Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cruz stole Iowa

Two days after finishing second to Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump is accusing the Texas senator of fraud and demanding that either a “new election” take place in the Hawkeye State or that its results be “nullified.”

“Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it,” Trump tweeted on Wednesday. “That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We are governed by GOD, not the Constitution you jackasses.

Marco "I need more water" Rubio said:
“We are clearly called, in the Bible, to adhere to our civil authorities, but that conflicts with also a requirement to adhere to God’s rules. When those two come in conflict, God’s rules always win. In essence, if we are ever ordered by a government authority to personally violate and sin, violate God’s law and sin, if we’re ordered to stop preaching the gospel, if we’re ordered to perform a same-sex marriage as someone presiding over it, we are called to ignore that. We cannot abide by that because government is compelling us to sin.”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can a brother get a clap?

Mr. Bush finished a fiery riff about protecting the country as commander in chief — “I won’t be out here blowharding, talking a big game without backing it up,” he said — and was met with total silence.

“Please clap,” he said, sounding defeated.

The crowd laughed — and then, finally, clapped.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I know most of you freedom-haters laughed at Trump's Taj-MaWall idea, but this is what happens when you don't have Jack Nicholson/Manimal on that wall -

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-shows-el-jefe-only-known-us-jaguar-roaming-arizona-mountains/

Thanks Obummer, not only do we have a giant polka dotted cat roaming around the wilds of AZ, its a damn Mexican gato who probably hasn't paid one cent into Social Security. :shakefist:
Trump should personally demand to see El Jefe's papers before entering the US.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I see the visual similarity, but the guy on the right is substantially smarter (and 'Murrikin)
And more likeable. Word on the street is that everyone who comes into contact with Cruz hates him. Could be his demise if he becomes successful enough that he will have to engage with more than talking points.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I like how she found a way to make it look like Bernie's anti-establishment position was an attack on her. Also, I don't think I've ever actually heard some get booed in a debate before.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I like how she found a way to make it look like Bernie's anti-establishment position was an attack on her. Also, I don't think I've ever actually heard some get booed in a debate before.
her comment was "you will not find that I ever changed a view or a vote because of any donation I ever received."

you've gotta read between the lines on that though. i'm sure that's a true statement, she just knew what her views should be from the beginning without her corporate overlords having to explicitly tell her, or tell her after the fact.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
her comment was "you will not find that I ever changed a view or a vote because of any donation I ever received."

you've gotta read between the lines on that though. i'm sure that's a true statement, she just knew what her views should be from the beginning without her corporate overlords having to explicitly tell her, or tell her after the fact.
According to Elizabeth Warren, when they had a private meeting about one of the nasty consumer credit bills when Bill was still president, she was adamant about doing the right thing for people. Once she was elected to congress in NY though, she voted for that same bill. I'm pretty sure that the majority of her constituents are not going to benefit from tighter, more feudal credit laws.