Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo '05 - Plans and Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
I dont really care who picks me up / where I stay/sleep/etc.........only thing I was wondering about was if it would be better to try & have teams sleeping in the same (rv, popup) for the race??
Yeah - I sure as hell won't remember who's where, so after I get back from my night laps I'm gonna have to go through every trailer looking for the next person :think:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
Yeah - I sure as hell won't remember who's where, so after I get back from my night laps I'm gonna have to go through every trailer looking for the next person :think:
Cool, I'll put the whole east coast team in one trailer, and we'll take what's left. Hope you all are GOOD friends.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Cool, I'll put the whole east coast team in one trailer, and we'll take what's left. Hope you all are GOOD friends.
Well, either that, or there should be signs on the door or something :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
:D LOL :D
That's awesome!

Ghostrider - the attention to detail for the drinking team was quite nice :thumb: but I think there should have been a few more half empty bottles laying around...we're not amateurs you know.
Half empty bottles? Sounds amateur to me. If you can't finish it don't open it.

:)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Since I live on the west coast and get all my news from TV I figure the East Coast guys must look and talk kind of like "Boston Rob" from the "Survivor". I am guessing I will be able to recognize you if you are still hung over from Superbowl celebrating and are wearing your Patriot hats ;) The rest of America is probably wondering if Philadelphia won would they be as idiotic as Boston fans? ;)

Of course the guys from the West Coast I figure will look like the two guys driving the Plymouth Duster in the Dodge Ram commerical. Kind of real life Beavis and Buttheads ;) (the only thing decent ever on MTV). I noticed the last commercial was filmed somewhere in the high desert-their is a Joshua Tree in the back ground.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I didnt see an email

damn, that looks fast as hell !

This should be awesome - I never biked anything even close to that before

is that basically the same course as last year?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I didnt see an email

Looks very fast. I think I'm gonna bring a bigger 48 tooth chainring. The downhill start should be complete anarchy.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
douglas said:
I didnt see an email

It's so fun to ride, so fast, and so unlike anything we have around here. You gotta be good on holding your line at speed because there's cacti on both sides all the way. "The Bitches" are still there, and it looks like most of the rest of the course is intact. I hope they have the "reflector rocks" trail in there, that's amazing at night. The climb in the last half is where you gotta have game, if you can hammer up that you'll put in a fast time. I'm so freakin' psyched!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Looks very fast. I think I'm gonna bring a bigger 48 tooth chainring. The downhill start should be complete anarchy.
Last year the first lappers did a slightly different route for the beginning of the course, it had a bunch of fireroad to help spread things out. You volunteering? :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh cool, westy's going 1st (I'd love spot # 2 or #3)

and yeah, I was thinking the same - taller gearing / maybe get rid of the granny to save some weight off my Kona boat

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll go first but I have to warn people that I am not much of a runner. I get so amped up during the start of a race it would kill me to wait for my turn if I did not start. If I do start I will bring a second pair of biking shoes that are much easier to run in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh cool, westy's going 1st (I'd love spot # 2 or #3)

and yeah, I was thinking the same - taller gearing / maybe get rid of the granny to save some weight off my Kona boat
I'd keep the granny on there, if your chain drops to where your granny used to be, it would slow you down more than the few hundred extra grams would. Unfortunately there is more climing here than I expected. My theory that "it doesn't matter how much weight I gain for the OP because it is flat" may not work out in my favor.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
That climb isn't too bad. It's singletrack and it's so fun you don't even realize you're climbing really. Just HAMMER.

I would be willing to best Westy can run faster backwards than I can run forward :D

The bottom line is, the first riders stand a better chance of doing more laps. I would like to do as many laps as possible, but I realize that even with all my training I will probably still be the slowest of our male riders. So I will take whatever position in the order nobody else wants.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I'd keep the granny on there, if your chain drops to where your granny used to be, it would slow you down more than the few hundred extra grams would. Unfortunately there is more climing here than I expected. My theory that "it doesn't matter how much weight I gain for the OP because it is flat" may not work out in my favor.

True, plus I'm too lazy to make the effort to remove the granny anyway :D

ECHO:
What do you expect you lap times to be?
Is it possible to do this course in an hour??

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
I'm predicting 18 or 19 laps. So, if we want it to come down to bro vs. bro, Echo and I should go third.

Lap times will be over an hour for us mortals.
I don't know if I can handle that kind of pressure!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
I'm predicting 18 or 19 laps. So, if we want it to come down to bro vs. bro, Echo and I should go third.

Lap times will be over an hour for us mortals.
Where will the elusive "west coast ringer" be starting.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yeah, Squirrel & I were talking about race order and I am not so sure what my team wants to do....maybe I should do some team captain work and get a note out to all of them :think: I'll definately need some beers in hand for the work though...can't let my team down ;)

Squirrel doesn't really want to do the running thing this time, but will if you need him to. I am not sure what position he wants to ride in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I finally got my airline tickets, I was hoping that the price would go down at some point but it never did. Anyway I won't be getting in to Tucson until 11:00PM, I may just crash at a crappy hotel Thursday night.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Damn that is late! Actually it might be easier to find the race site (and the Monkey compound therein) in daylight, but whether you wanna drive up that night or the next mornin', we'll be drinkin :D