Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Looks like not. I'll be either a support person (beer monitoring) for you dudes, or I'll try to get on a random existing team. I'm down for 4 or 5 person, or a ride-whenever-you-feel-like-it duo.

For an RV, I'm looking into this place:
http://www.messnerrv.im-ltd.com/
Are you bringing the family or planning on having an RV for yourself?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
I'm bringing the family. My RV will need to be an F-bomb-free zone.
I have no problems keeping the words clean but keeping the topics of discussion clean is a little tougher.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Price quote from Tucson RV place, 'spensive.

Estimated Charges
Nights: 4
Equipment Total: $0.00
$15.00
Sales Tax Total: $32.94
Payment Total: $0.00
Balance: $1,502.94
Estimate Total: $1,502.94
$50.00
Refundable Security Deposit: $650.00
Credit/Discount Total: $0.00
Return Cleaning Fee: $125.00
Base Rental Cost: $540.00
Rental Total: $820.00
Base Rental Sub Total: $540.00
Travelers Assist/Vac Saver
Nightly Rate:
Free Miles:
Estimated Extra Miles:
$135.00
$0.00
Extra Charges: $90.00
Prep-Sanitation Fees
Estimated Miles:
Sales Tax Total: $32.94
Payment Total: $0.00
Balance: $1,502.94
Estimate Total: $1,502.94
Refundable Security Deposit: $650.00
Rental Total: $820.00

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I just set up my RV at the Messner place I posted above. I suggest giving the dude a call. He seems cool and low stress. I was deliberately vague about where I was taking it, though. I'm going "camping near Tucson" with mine.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Sounds like doug's owner-rental place is the bomb diggity.
owner#1 is in telleson (15 miles west of Phoenix) this guy was cool & very accommodating

$120/night=$480
$50 for the personal/kitchen kit
$85 for insurance ($15/night & $25 surcharge, or we can get a rider from our own ins.)
$615 total (tax included) plus $500 deposit

extra's:
$65 cleaning fee (only if needed)
$50 round trip airport pickup/drop off (if needed)

pickup=anytime
dropoff=anytime
100 miles/day
generator=5 free hours/day ($4 for additional)

Peter, for an additional $270 plus $50 (airport pickup/drop off) we can have the RV from the 15th to the 21st

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
owner#1 is in telleson (15 miles west of Phoenix) this guy was cool & very accommodating

$120/night=$480
$50 for the personal/kitchen kit
$85 for insurance ($15/night & $25 surcharge, or we can get a rider from our own ins.)
$615 total (tax included) plus $500 deposit

extra's:
$65 cleaning fee (only if needed)
$50 round trip airport pickup/drop off (if needed)

pickup=anytime
dropoff=anytime
100 miles/day
generator=5 free hours/day ($4 for additional)

Peter, for an additional $270 plus $50 (airport pickup/drop off) we can have the RV from the 15th to the 21st

Lets do it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
just waiting to hear from peter / see if interested in the extra days & if he wants to put it in his name

oh, and it must have been "Tolleson, AZ"

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
we are going to get it for the extra days / I forwarded Peter the reservation form (it needs to be in his name being he's driving/getting picked up 1st)

a 25% deposit is required

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Still looking for a team... Apparently my reputation of blinding speed is scaring people off.

Teams are just afraid of the smackdown they will receive from the Beasts From The East when you join.

Get a sex change, we can change to a 5 person co-ed.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Teams are just afraid of the smackdown they will receive from the Beasts From The East when you join.

Get a sex change, we can change to a 5 person co-ed.
If you were any sort of man, you would sign up with me in the duo class and race on two teams.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
If you were any sort of man, you would sign up with me in the duo class and race on two teams.
Actually I plan on doing the Razorback 12 hour race in Florida at the same time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Wuss, there ain't no hills in Florida.
There are no hills but there are pits. It is in an old quarry, not to mention I plan on running to baja and swimming through the Panama canal to alternate lap locations.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Still looking for a team... Apparently my reputation of blinding speed is scaring people off.
suck it up, enter duo with yourself......at least you'll be guarentted to have the fastest lap on your team

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Ok boys, I'm finally on a team. I doubt this group will be down for the RM Cup competition (myself included), but the fastest lap trophy should still be up for grabs. At some point in the very near future we'll have to nail down who has what to bring. All I know is one of the dudes on my team is bringing a cord of firewood and few thousand beers. We'll also have to work out the logisticals of securing a camp where we can all be together for maximum stupidity.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
T-Dog said:
Yeah, the whole thing just sorta fell apart....Chickenhawk had to drop out for work, Kalvin can't go.....my wife will be flying back from Colorado on that thursday, and the logistics of trying to intercept her in Phoneix was getting more complicated etc etc etc. Count me in for a ride when you get back here Echo, and our guest room is always open for you guys.

I will be leaving from colorado .. possibly wednesday -or early early thursday .... if that can be of some assistance ....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
So I'm talking with my brother (the "non-Iraq" one) about getting out and setting up. Since we want to go to Rocky Point, Mexico, after the event, he tells me it wouldn't be a good idea to bring the Bill's Beer and Bait Shop truck, since we'd have to go back to Phoenix to return it, then back south. So now what am I going to do for libations and fishing equipment? Does that mean I have to bring a standard Coleman cooler? Oh well, something about getting south of the border for shrimp/beer/sand/sunset/etc makes me give him the go-ahead to cancel the truck reservation. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I'm skating out on meeting you all so I can put a face to a name........

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Ok boys, I'm finally on a team. I doubt this group will be down for the RM Cup competition (myself included), but the fastest lap trophy should still be up for grabs. At some point in the very near future we'll have to nail down who has what to bring. All I know is one of the dudes on my team is bringing a cord of firewood and few thousand beers. We'll also have to work out the logisticals of securing a camp where we can all be together for maximum stupidity.
team of 4 or ?
so are we at 3 RV's now? (I'll asume Chelsea will take a solo campsite)
I hope Peter & I will be gettting there thursday in the daylight, but you never know we might end up doing some last minute "training" with some hot phoenix mudhunnies :D

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
ghostrider said:
I'm assuming mantis and mcgowanc are going to set up shop in the solo area? If not, let us know and we'll rope off some additional space in the cool people zone.
My goal is to try and grab a solo spot :)

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
douglas said:
team of 4 or ?
so are we at 3 RV's now? (I'll asume Chelsea will take a solo campsite)
I hope Peter & I will be gettting there thursday in the daylight, but you never know we might end up doing some last minute "training" with some hot phoenix mudhunnies :D
It is a 4-dude operation. I think there is a n00b and a few vets. If you don't get there in the AM my team will probably have the task of selecting a spot. Hopefully we get something low enough that we don't start ripping parts off the RVs.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Now why would I have to be in the "cool" area, when living around Tahoe and the snow makes it cold already? Oh, different subject. Ghost, you and Echo, among others, know I'm going to be looking for you for the llllooonnnggg overdue "thanks" I owe you, as well as having a cold one or two. Since I'm hooking up with my brothers and a couple of friends, and I have some "heart-to-heart" talks lined up with them, I might, just might, have to decline your offer of space. Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate it. And I may still take you up on it. I just don't know as of this moment in time. Just to be safe, keep an eye out for a green Mazda MPV with NV plates "MTB FAM".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
mantispf2000 said:
Now why would I have to be in the "cool" area, when living around Tahoe and the snow makes it cold already? Oh, different subject. Ghost, you and Echo, among others, know I'm going to be looking for you for the llllooonnnggg overdue "thanks" I owe you, as well as having a cold one or two. Since I'm hooking up with my brothers and a couple of friends, and I have some "heart-to-heart" talks lined up with them, I might, just might, have to decline your offer of space. Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate it. And I may still take you up on it. I just don't know as of this moment in time. Just to be safe, keep an eye out for a green Mazda MPV with NV plates "MTB FAM".

I have no idea what you are talking about but look forward to meeting you. :thumb:

When will you be getting there? Time for a group course pre-ride?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Westy-- My plans, depending on when I actually start vacation from work, is to leave home (outside Carson City) on Wednesday, arrive at bro's place in Maricopa that night, get to Tucson/event Thursday to set up, pre-ride Friday while bro's picks up Iraq-returned bro at the airport, then have a blast. Ask Echo or Ghostrider what my reason for riding is (not that I don't want to explain, just not a good time right now). And your name is on my list of "must meets", too, ok? I look forward to a group pre-ride, as long as you don't mind my set-up. You'll understand when you see it.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Thanks, I remembered the thread after reading Mantissises's signature.

So is your team full of Bikini clad Amazon warriors?
Nope, I turned them town in favor of a nice beer-swilling family atmosphere. It sounds like it's a big group of teams that all want to camp together, so it should be a good party.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Nope, I turned them town in favor of a nice beer-swilling family atmosphere. It sounds like it's a big group of teams that all want to camp together, so it should be a good party.
In all your beer swilling and family fun don't forget about the most coveted award you will be competing for, the Strossman Fastest Lap. Echo says he is going to kick your ass.

Disclaimer: he really didn't say that but for gods sake we need something to smacktalk about.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
In all your beer swilling and family fun don't forget about the most coveted award you will be competing for, the Strossman Fastest Lap. Echo says he is going to kick your ass.

Disclaimer: he really didn't say that but for gods sake we need something to smacktalk about.
I need a bigger challenge than that. Isn't the Ridemonkey Fastest Lap trophy up for grabs at this event? Should we throw in some new categories? I propose the following:

-Bonehead of the Race Award
-Highest BAC at Midnight Award

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
I need a bigger challenge than that. Isn't the Ridemonkey Fastest Lap trophy up for grabs at this event? Should we throw in some new categories? I propose the following:

-Bonehead of the Race Award
-Highest BAC at Midnight Award
I'd bet those 2 would go to the same person

I think ECHO already has the fast lap & team trophy's to bring out.