Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
I'd bet those 2 would go to the same person

I think ECHO already has the fast lap & team trophy's to bring out.
I'd say Echo can keep the team trophy. Unless Chelsea steps up biiig time.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Ooh, that reminds me, I gotta get the fastest lap trophy from greasey monkey. He's going to Ray's MTB this weekend, sounds like a good excuse for me to go too.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
Ooh, that reminds me, I gotta get the fastest lap trophy from greasey monkey. He's going to Ray's MTB this weekend, sounds like a good excuse for me to go too.
Sounds like a good excuse to break your humerous just prior to a big west coast vacation.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I'll be at Rays' with a large contingent of DC guys the weekend of the 10,11,12 if you're interested...

(weekend before Old Pueblo - ouch)

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
douglas said:
seems silly for ECHO to bring the trophy, being he's definitely going home with it
This is looking more like an anti-smacktalk year. I went for a ride last night and things aren't looking so good for me. I'm planning to install training wheels this weekend so I don't tip over quite so often.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm toting around little extra insulation, other than that I'm feeling pretty good. First time in 6+ months my knees have felt good. When we get there I'm going to have to find the fastest looking 4 person team and call them a bunch of slow assed sissyfied sally ass cripples, and then run........

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
You're supposed to have them. I like them because you can track who's the next f*cker gonna get passed :devil:
I wish people wore illuminated numbers on their back, so you can say "hey number XX, get the **** out of my way".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm thinking an air horn might be nice too. Sneak up at someone on the singletrack at 4:00 then let a blast loose.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I'm thinking an air horn might be nice too. Sneak up at someone on the singletrack at 4:00 then let a blast loose.
interesting...I also was going to mount a 2nd HID backwards, so if someone catches up to me, I'd turn it on blinding them so they would go flying into a big ass cactus

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
interesting...I also was going to mount a 2nd HID backwards, so if someone catches up to me, I'd turn it on blinding them so they would go flying into a big ass cactus
A strobe light might be better.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Since we aren't going to have super-ultra-mega-monkey-camp this year and everyone is flying we probably need to coordinate who brings what. I'm guessing that the RV will have all the kitchen stuff but other than that we are on our own.

Ghostrider, could I ship my bike to your place and pick it up the week before the race?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Westy said:
I've found that a cheap squeaky horn of some animal or "sumo wrestler " usually pisses off anyone who is taking themselves too seriously as you pass them.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Since we aren't going to have super-ultra-mega-monkey-camp this year and everyone is flying we probably need to coordinate who brings what. I'm guessing that the RV will have all the kitchen stuff but other than that we are on our own.

Ghostrider, could I ship my bike to your place and pick it up the week before the race?
Sure, no problem, ship it out. Are you returning to CA after the race? If so, can we count on you for some cargo room? Also, it sounds like my new team is going to have a ton of gear and they're happy to include you losers in the party. So, the key will be to ensure we are all camping together. I think they have a few duos, and a few four-person teams, like five teams in all, so as I said, it should be a party. And another thing, I'm coming from my house, so I'm willing to share whatever will be useful in terms of camping gear etc. We should also each chip in 20 bucks or whatever and buy one of these babies (which will ensure we have perfect weather for the race):
http://cgi.ebay.com/10x20-Party-Wedding-tent-Canopy-Garge-Heavy-Duty_W0QQitemZ4420754703QQcategoryZ20721QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
peter6061 said:
I've found that a cheap squeaky horn of some animal or "sumo wrestler " usually pisses off anyone who is taking themselves too seriously as you pass them.
I've actually got a blue rubber hippo horn that my RM secret santa got me this year. Looks like I'll have a chance to use it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Also, it sounds like my new team is going to have a ton of gear and they're happy to include you losers in the party. So, the key will be to ensure we are all camping together. I think they have a few duos, and a few four-person teams, like five teams in all, so as I said, it should be a party. ]
what day are they setting up camp?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Our camp will be bigger than the transition area.

I'm gonna experiment with using my sleeping bag as a replacement for one of the pieces of foam in my Trico Ironcase. Anyone tried that?
We did that last year with both of our bikes and it worked out great! The cases were a little bulged but once we cinched them down all was good and no damage either!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Sure, no problem, ship it out. Are you returning to CA after the race? If so, can we count on you for some cargo room? Also, it sounds like my new team is going to have a ton of gear and they're happy to include you losers in the party. So, the key will be to ensure we are all camping together. I think they have a few duos, and a few four-person teams, like five teams in all, so as I said, it should be a party. And another thing, I'm coming from my house, so I'm willing to share whatever will be useful in terms of camping gear etc. We should also each chip in 20 bucks or whatever and buy one of these babies (which will ensure we have perfect weather for the race):
http://cgi.ebay.com/10x20-Party-Wedding-tent-Canopy-Garge-Heavy-Duty_W0QQitemZ4420754703QQcategoryZ20721QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Right now I'll be heading out to Crapsworth for work the Monday before the race, and then driving out to OP thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll eventually be flying home out of Pheonix on Tuesday, so I will not be much of a help with cargo except for consumables like your EPO and coccaine supplements.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
ghostrider said:
Anybody notice this:

http://www.epicrides.com/invite.htm

I predict T-dog will change his mind and decide he wants to race.

It's killing me not to go....it sounds like you've got a good plan going.
If there's anything I can do to help (equipment-wise) let me know.

As an aside, the Discovery Team rented out the Deer Lodge Resturant for dinner the other night, which is about 4 blocks from my house. I stopped by as they were getting ready to leave, jumped on the bus
and gave the lads a little pep talk, and assured them we were looking forward to them racing thru town next month. They were very cool and friendly....red wine always makes me chatty :)