Quantcast

24 Hours in the Old Pueblo 2006

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
T-Dog said:
It's killing me not to go....it sounds like you've got a good plan going.
If there's anything I can do to help (equipment-wise) let me know.

As an aside, the Discovery Team rented out the Deer Lodge Resturant for dinner the other night, which is about 4 blocks from my house. I stopped by as they were getting ready to leave, jumped on the bus
and gave the lads a little pep talk, and assured them we were looking forward to them racing thru town next month. They were very cool and friendly....red wine always makes me chatty :)
Ah the Deer Lodge. The only place I have ever seen a scummy looking biker pull up with his old lady on the back, all clad in leather with some little rat dog in a matching leather bag.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog said:

As an aside, the Discovery Team rented out the Deer Lodge Resturant for dinner the other night, which is about 4 blocks from my house. I stopped by as they were getting ready to leave, jumped on the bus
and gave the lads a little pep talk, and assured them we were looking forward to them racing thru town next month. They were very cool and friendly....red wine always makes me chatty :)
Can I borrow your F950 Diesel King Kab Dually?

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog said:

Does anybody else have the unfortunate mental image of a drunken T-dog stumbling onto the tour bus, exposing his breasts and begging the team to take him with them on the road?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
ghostrider said:
Anybody notice this:

http://www.epicrides.com/invite.htm

I predict T-dog will change his mind and decide he wants to race.
Sounds cool, but I think that's the only evening I may be able to have dinner with my parents (who live in Tucson). I'll have to pass for now and suffer if it fills up and my parents bail. Guess I could always go hit a strip club or something......:evil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Does anybody else have the unfortunate mental image of a drunken T-dog stumbling onto the tour bus, exposing his breasts and begging the team to take him with them on the road?

Now I do.

Jerk.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Probably every country band that has ever passed through Ojai has seen that.

T-Dog

Monkey
Feb 18, 2004
different shack, same shotgun
ghostrider said:

Alright, you just made the list.

(which is really just Richard Nixon's enemy list, with you and Al Franken added)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:

yeah...good think he blacked out so he'll never realize he actually was on the the "Discover Depends" tour bus with a bunch of blue hairs

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
peter6061 said:
Sounds cool, but I think that's the only evening I may be able to have dinner with my parents (who live in Tucson). I'll have to pass for now and suffer if it fills up and my parents bail. Guess I could always go hit a strip club or something......:evil:

hmm, I didnt see any strip clubs in the middle of the desert last year

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
douglas said:
hmm, I didnt see any strip clubs in the middle of the desert last year
I grew up in Tucson and lived there until I was 22 when I moved to PHX. I knew a few places. (Don't know if any of them are still there...)

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
mantispf2000 said:
Back tracking to the strobe light-- How about bringing a hanging disco ball and the soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever? Nothing like the Bee Gees at 4 a.m.!!!!!

I've got an ipod - just get the duct tape out and tape a couple good speakers to the frame and i'm good to... oh oh oh - stayin alive stayin alive:redX:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
mcgowanc said:
-- haha hmmm see if i can get that 60 minute lap ... I am guessing I will not be stepping up :)
Actually we were talking about the team trophy, you would have to step up to 25 or so sub hour laps.:)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Probably will take you up on the EZ Ups and the kick ass washtub fire stand.
Things I'd like to have but can't bring:

EZ Up

A few Lanterns

Camping Chairs

Fire stand

Bike stand

Fire wood. (I'm guessing we can buy this somewhere?)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Doug, did you get your bike vouchers yet? I hadn't gotten mine so I called them, turns out the vouchers they had expire Jan 31 2006 and they haven't gotten the new ones yet from the airline. They have no idea when the new ones will arrive :mumble:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Doug, did you get your bike vouchers yet? I hadn't gotten mine so I called them, turns out the vouchers they had expire Jan 31 2006 and they haven't gotten the new ones yet from the airline. They have no idea when the new ones will arrive :mumble:

I got mine in December w/last years norba membership......I'll be freaking pissed if they are expired!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:

What airline are you flying on?

Most have a rule that sporting equipment SUCH AS bikes over 60" long will cost extra, the rules never specifically say a bike Will cost extra. A trico box is under 60" and shouldn't cost any more. There is also a weight limit of 50 or 60 lbs but the overweight charge is less, $25 or so. I have argued this case successfully on United Delta and US Air.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
What airline are you flying on?

Most have a rule that sporting equipment SUCH AS bikes over 60" long will cost extra, the rules never specifically say a bike Will cost extra. A trico box is under 60" and shouldn't cost any more. There is also a weight limit of 50 or 60 lbs but the overweight charge is less, $25 or so. I have argued this case successfully on United Delta and US Air.
Damn...I wish I had known this last year :mumbles: I paid the $80 to take it on the plane (US Air) and I am pretty damn good at arguing to get my way :sneaky:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
Damn...I wish I had known this last year :mumbles: I paid the $80 to take it on the plane (US Air) and I am pretty damn good at arguing to get my way :sneaky:
I'm normally not a good at doing such things but it is a topic that really pisses me off. I never yell or get angry in public, except with one poor lady at Delta who wanted $80 for my 45 lb 56" long bike box. I was a little embarrassed but got my way.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
united (but I have 2 free vouchers via norba membership, hopefully not expired vouchers)

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1034,00.html

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/baggage/index.jsp#bicycle

For Delta
A bicycle packed in a box with overall dimensions (length + width + height) under 62" may be checked as part of a passenger's free baggage allowance. However, note that any bike placed in a Delta Bike Box will exceed 62", and will be subject to excess baggage charges.
Over 50lbs is $25.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I'm normally not a good at doing such things but it is a topic that really pisses me off. I never yell or get angry in public, except with one poor lady at Delta who wanted $80 for my 45 lb 56" long bike box. I was a little embarrassed but got my way.

looks like its 62 total (length & height & width)

you got lucky!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
looks like its 62 total (length & height & width)

you got lucky!
Well I plan on arguing my case again, if it doesn't work I'll have to slap the $80 on the company card. This is a business trip.:cool:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Westy said:
Things I'd like to have but can't bring:

EZ Up

A few Lanterns

Camping Chairs

Fire stand

Bike stand

Fire wood. (I'm guessing we can buy this somewhere?)
I do believe we are covered for all of those items. The only thing I can't seem to locate is my physical fitness.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
mantispf2000 said:
Wait a minute-- exercise? camping equipment? biking stuff? I thought we were all caravaning to Magic Mountain or Disneyland?!?!? Does this mean I have to leave my Mickey Mouse ears and beer behind?
I vote for magic mountain....

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
mantispf2000 said:
Wait a minute-- exercise? camping equipment? biking stuff? I thought we were all caravaning to Magic Mountain or Disneyland?!?!? Does this mean I have to leave my Mickey Mouse ears and beer behind?
... you are most welcome to bring your mickey mouse ears - I think they help with your aerodynamics :)) and leave the beerr??? are you kidding???

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wind tunnel tests have proven that Mickey's ears will help during a tail wind, yet demoralize a rider during a head wind if they do not fold back. I'll take my chances with my over-weight ass and leave the ears behind.