Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by douglas
Dang, you guys must really be worried about us kicking your ARSES if your this upset about jdcamp being our volunteer
I'll tell ya, jim is FAST. Just having him there will make you guys faster even though he isn't racing. We can only hope that some of his fastness will reach us in the campsite next door.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll be doing the 12 hours of Lodi Farms this weekend. If all goes well I will be signing up for Dalton Solo:thumb:. If I hate it I will probably end up doing a 4 man team at Snowshoe which is the same weekend as Dalton.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by douglas
Dang, you guys must really be worried about us kicking your ARSES if your this upset about jdcamp being our volunteer

:devil:
I'm not worried at all! Why you ask?

1. I have a killer training loop (and I do really mean killer as in CLIMB from HELL)
2. Our distraction - Twin College Chick :devil:
3. Beer - the real reason we're all racing!

:D

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Ok so I am a little out of touch here as I see there are 20 something pages of crap being slung around and I had no clue...(Thanks teamates!)

Here is how I see the JDCamb thing. He is joining the team with the true Rochester connection. That is to say, since MMcG and I were both born there, grew up there and saw it for what it is, AND LEFT, it is bovious the JD is looking to leave also. Perhaps he will move to Northern Vermont and ride plush single track, or maybe to southern New England and ride technical single track.

You see, Tryon Park is small. Monroe County hates riders. The Barge Canal is just plain flat! New England on the other hand, heavenly...The Kingdom Trails, Vietnam, Nepaug, Lynn Woods, Mount Snow, and on and on... JD is looking, looking to be a winner. So he made the obvious choice. Stay in Rottenchester or hang out with those who have freed themselves of the Genny-runs forever. Come and drink a Trout River Rainbow Red with me, buddy. Then let's go ride Dead Moose Alley!

Cheers!

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by jollytime
Ok so I am a little out of touch here as I see there are 20 something pages of crap being slung around and I had no clue...(Thanks teamates!)

Here is how I see the JDCamb thing. He is joining the team with the true Rochester connection. That is to say, since MMcG and I were both born there, grew up there and saw it for what it is, AND LEFT, it is bovious the JD is looking to leave also. Perhaps he will move to Northern Vermont and ride plush single track, or maybe to southern New England and ride technical single track.

You see, Tryon Park is small. Monroe County hates riders. The Barge Canal is just plain flat! New England on the other hand, heavenly...The Kingdom Trails, Vietnam, Nepaug, Lynn Woods, Mount Snow, and on and on... JD is looking, looking to be a winner. So he made the obvious choice. Stay in Rottenchester or hang out with those who have freed themselves of the Genny-runs forever. Come and drink a Trout River Rainbow Red with me, buddy. Then let's go ride Dead Moose Alley!

Cheers!

I think you just convinced me into packing up and leaving soon too. Although I do love Tryon. :rolleyes: :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

Cheers!
Ah, you must remember we're not all from Rottenchester :devil: (but I do enjoy the Tryon). Also, you must not forget the rocks n' roots of Skidmore & West Mtn. DH!!! :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

Cheers!
ALL hail the KING!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So my solo 12 hour race went great so I am 99% convinced that I will be doing Dalton solo then I see the $305 entry fee:eek: :eek: :angry:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Westy
I just registered, Solo:dead: :dead:

Solo campsite 21.

32 days to go, guess I should start training
:p .
No need for any more smack talk, Westy just trumped us all by running it solo.

As for training, I've said it before, training is for wimps that can't suck it up on race day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by ghostrider
No need for any more smack talk, Westy just trumped us all by running it solo.

As for training, I've said it before, training is for wimps that can't suck it up on race day.
Here on out my training will concentrate on weightlifting. At the end of the 12 hour race I did, my legs felt fine but my neck, back and tricepts were killing me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No thread just a post in Stosh's GMT.

Went well, there was a huge turnout for a local grassroots race. 40+ in the solo category. I felt strong the whole time although I felt very sleepy towards the end, needed caffeine. I did 13 laps (108 miles) with a 5th place finish. Won a 60$ cash prize, just covered my entry fee and gas:D .

I was a little pissed at myself because I had a good shot at 3rd place. The scorekeepers were very disorganized and could not tell you were you were placed. I thought I was in 3rd with 4th place several laps behind me so I went extremely slow my last lap. Turns out 2 people passed me when I was getting more water before my last lap and they ended up doing 2 more laps. I was a little pissed at myself because I worked so hard to do well then threw it away by getting lazy at the end.

My stomach felt crappy and I could not eat solid foods, had nothing but cytomax and hammer gel. Hopefully the pace for the 24 hours will be slower and I will be able to digest real food.

Coolest thing about it was I was well prepaired mentally. As long as I was on the bike I was in the "zone", felt little pain, had fun and time passed quickly. When I got off the bike I felt like crap, everything hurt and tired as hell.

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
...and I could not eat solid foods, had nothing but cytomax and hammer gel.
Dear Lord in heaven, take me now!!
As God is my witness, this will not happen to my team.

Let me know how many for dinner Friday night. The spring lambs are wheened and i need to pick one out and start feeding it proper if it's to be fattend by the end of the month.

bill

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by justbill
Dear Lord in heaven, take me now!!
As God is my witness, this will not happen to my team.

Let me know how many for dinner Friday night. The spring lambs are wheened and i need to pick one out and start feeding it proper if it's to be fattend by the end of the month.

bill
:drool: Are you sure we can't persuade you to join our team :devil: ;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Here on out my training will concentrate on weightlifting. At the end of the 12 hour race I did, my legs felt fine but my neck, back and tricepts were killing me.
I have a lower back problem in long races. It just starts aching!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Echo
I have that problem in short races :dead: Ibuprofen is my friend :D
Interesting fact - if it's true. One of my teammates told me that ibuprofen effects your bodies ability to absorb liquids. That could be baaaaaad for racing.

ps - I had a little "incident" with ibuprofen in a distance race a few years ago. 20 or so in a 11 hour period ended up being not good for me. :eek: :dead: