Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Heidi
Yah, I have yet to look at any research that says that though.
I always suck wind in long races, I've never noticed if Ibuprofen caused dehydration though. I tend to overhydrate, maybe that's the secret.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
This is a forum for smack talk, not chemistry. Bottom line is, even if Echo drinks 10 gallons of water and eats a whole bottle of Advil, he's still at the mercy of the Ass Balancers.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
This is a forum for smack talk, not chemistry. Bottom line is, even if Echo drinks 10 gallons of water and eats a whole bottle of Advil, he's still at the mercy of the Ass Balancers.
Muuuuahahahahahaha!

Sorry I got all official on ya there for a minute.;) :p

Smack talk back on!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Muuuuahahahahahaha!

Sorry I got all official on ya there for a minute.;) :p

Smack talk back on!
I ain't runn'in no smack yet. I fell off the training wagon and haven't been able to climb back on :dead:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Interesting fact - if it's true. One of my teammates told me that ibuprofen effects your bodies ability to absorb liquids. That could be baaaaaad for racing.

ps - I had a little "incident" with ibuprofen in a distance race a few years ago. 20 or so in a 11 hour period ended up being not good for me. :eek: :dead:
holy cow i'm supprised you didnt die. you should only have 1600mg's per 24 hour period.

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Looks like i am helping the team without smack. Thats ok, i'm not much of a boaster anyway.
I am very much looking forward to this event and the oppertunity to sit at my grill for 3 days. My old one wasnt big enough and was prone to rust, so i went and orderd this beauty. mmmmm,, stainless steel.
Ya think a 28lb turkey will be enough? If there are leftovers Sunday i can make hash.

bill

p.s. I do own a bike and know how to ride it, but not well enough to smack talk. If i change the game to food i have a better chance of winning.

Attachments

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by justbill
Looks like i am helping the team without smack. Thats ok, i'm not much of a boaster anyway.
I am very much looking forward to this event and the oppertunity to sit at my grill for 3 days. My old one wasnt big enough and was prone to rust, so i went and orderd this beauty. mmmmm,, stainless steel.
Ya think a 28lb turkey will be enough? If there are leftovers Sunday i can make hash.

bill

p.s. I do own a bike and know how to ride it, but not well enough to smack talk. If i change the game to food i have a better chance of winning.

yummy.....fried turkey

but can I request some pasta!

I'll need lots of carbs so I can ride circles round these other so called teams were competing against

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by Echo
Dude, smack talk has nothing to do with skills, I'm a perfect example of that :D

same here! (or for me, lack of speed in an xc race)

but dont let bill fool ya, I saw him ride......he has skills

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is everyone on the Adrenaline e-mail distribution? They just sent out a message with discounts on lights. If anyone needs a copy of that, let me know and i will forward it along.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Is everyone on the Adrenaline e-mail distribution? They just sent out a message with discounts on lights. If anyone needs a copy of that, let me know and i will forward it along.
Yeah I saw that... notice they didn't discount the good light that people would actually want :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did not notice that. I don't know dick about lights so it looked ok to me.
You really want an HID system. My lap times were 5 minutes faster with my HID system than they were with my halogen light, had more fun too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Ten years ago in 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men & women promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Rochester underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune & mountain bikers. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Ass Balancers!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by douglas
Ten years ago in 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men & women promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Rochester underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune & mountain bikers. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Ass Balancers!!
LOL!!!!! 10 years ago in 1972! :D

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by douglas
Buwahahahahaha awesome!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I figured when you got as far north as Massachusetts, it was daylight 24 hours a day in the summer.
Yeah but because of solar wind, it still gets dark for a few hours.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ATTENTION TEAM 4MAAB: Team e-mail has been sent. Please read and provide feedback. :cool:
ATTENTION TEAM Jackalope/Allezy: No team email was sent. Please continue eating donuts and freeriding. :cool:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
ATTENTION TEAM Ass: We need to decide who's going to ride the first lap. Ready?

NOT IT!!!!

Last one to respond better start practicing sprinting up to your bike then taking off for a ride with your HR at 300.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Us 24 hour race virgins need to plan and organize or we'll show up with no food, no tents, and no gear. :p

We'd probably have plenty of beer though, and I guess that's all we really need.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

NOT IT!!!!

Last one to respond better start practicing sprinting up to your bike then taking off for a ride with your HR at 300.

or you could just walk like I'll do :D

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Us 24 hour race virgins need to plan and organize or we'll show up with no food, no tents, and no gear. :p

We'd probably have plenty of beer though, and I guess that's all we really need.
Roger that. I was planning on showing up with my bike and cooler of beer, drinking its contents until empty, then sleeping under the cooler.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Are you crazy man??? Everybody knows that a twenty four hour off-road bicycle race is won or lost at the start line.

pffft, I race at Dalton every week....I know the short cuts :D

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Not it!!!!!
Hell, I ride at a snails pace, imagine if I had to run :eek:

We will see who has the best beer :devil:

NOT IT!!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

NOT IT!!!!

NOT IT!!!!

Instigator - Werd...we're gonna have the best beers!!!! :D