There she is.....
Totem Coil
Codes
FR 2350s obviously
x-0 shifter and der
Chris king 1.5"
e-thirteen
holzfeller oct cranks
Well im not sure. i put her together real quick so i just wanted to ride it. ill prolly cut like 2 links out soon. but yea the thing is crazy smooth and that coil i swear is just as good if not better than a 40.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
My Glory, 18.2kg

Boxxer world cups (converted)
DHX Air
Gravity lights
MG-1s
Easton bar & stem
Won't be breaking anything anytime soon.

Ooft, you Aussies like to get over the front don't you?! Looks like your noggin would be past the front axle riding that, I like it!

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Ooft, you Aussies like to get over the front don't you?! Looks like your noggin would be past the front axle riding that, I like it!
I'm 6'2 so I love the feel of a 60-65mm stem on my DH bikes. It helps tons with cornering technique and especially drifting...

kellyn7

Monkey
Apr 12, 2005
San Diego
Well I'm done, I've tried everything to achieve the sub 40 bike and I've failed. Mind you I haven't changed the fork, crankset, or rear shock (partial to these brands) and I know that's what's preventing me from entering the elusive sub 40 dh bike category. After installing a set of new avid carbons, grips, sunline stem, easton cnt handlebar, smaller rear rotor and changing the oil in my fork I went from 41lbs 8 oz to 40lbs 3 oz.

Attachments

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Bernard, is that an xtr chainset on an 83mm bb shell?

If so, care to enlighten us as to how you achieved that?

Awesome bike by the way!:thumb:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Bernard, is that an xtr chainset on an 83mm bb shell?

If so, care to enlighten us as to how you achieved that?

Awesome bike by the way!:thumb:

It is in the sunday thread up top. He removed the bb adjust/preload collar from the non-drive side arm.

No way, it makes me want to grab a tiger woods and slap my ricky bobby with my >50 cent...
:D I have no idea what you intended for that comment!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

look at the drink that is holding the bike up in one of the pics... before you were able to buy that drink can, it was called an Arnold Palmer at the country clubs.... still kind of is, but on the can they call it a Half and Half...

mmmmmm get a huge one of those at the turn, youre gonna be playing good for another nine...

is 44-45 pounds acceptable for this thread? i want to show off my baby some more!

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Well I'm done, I've tried everything to achieve the sub 40 bike and I've failed. Mind you I haven't changed the fork, crankset, or rear shock (partial to these brands) and I know that's what's preventing me from entering the elusive sub 40 dh bike category. After installing a set of new avid carbons, grips, sunline stem, easton cnt handlebar, smaller rear rotor and changing the oil in my fork I went from 41lbs 8 oz to 40lbs 3 oz.
wellgo mag pedals, ghetto tubeless with michelin tires and some fsa gravity lite cranks and you'll be around 38-39

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
It is in the sunday thread up top. He removed the bb adjust/preload collar from the non-drive side arm.
I removed the adjust/preload collar and did'nt use any spacer on the BB. This gives just enough room for the left crank to be fully bolted on the axle. I've got 4 mm space on both sides between the inside of the crank and the outside of the swingarm. The sunday gives lot's of room here, but I doubt if this will fit any other bike (I'm pretty sure it won't fit the M3). Getting the chainline right was a bit harder. I had to file the inside of the spider a bit(took the 22th chainring studs completely off) and I rubbed out the chainring.
At this point I can't tell if the cranks are going to hold, but I'll post some comments later this season.

Bernard, how do you like the dhx air on a sunday?
I really can't say at this point as I didn't use it yet. It feels different than a spring shock. With the right amount of sag, I'm blowing through the travel a lot faster than I used to do with a springshock. But I still have to play with the pressure and bottom out settings.
My first comment is you've to unbolt the shock on the sunday to add pressure to the air chamber.

44 should be fine.. As long as you put plans to lighten it up.
yeah, i plan to do some changes to lighten it up once i can get money enough for it... i'll shoot for 43:busted: i need strong parts, i dont have jack $h!t to throw around money wise:biggrin:

my baby weighed 44 on a slightly dysfunctional scale in m garage:

she just has a 450# spring on the back up from a 350 and now has a DH24 back there too for a tire... probably neutral weight gain/loss there...

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
I've been kind of a caveman...someone build it, I ride it... Just trying to change, learn and try new things...on my way there...

Feb 19, 2008
germany
My NICOLAI Helius ST

Framesize: large
Marzocchi 66 light + ETA 2006 soon RS Totem SingleAir or MZ 66 SL
Marzocchi ROCO WC maybe soon MZ ROCO AIR WC
Raceface Diabolus Stem, Handlebar, Crankset and for bikeparks the seatpost
Raceface Evolve seatpost
Selle Italia Flite TT
Magura GustavM 210mm front and LouiseFR 190m back
Custom headset
Custom chainguide