Quantcast

Chris King Headset Give Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
The 909 isn't really as bad as it seems..I'm going to make a dh contraption called the 909. It'll have three times the number of rails as the 303 and it will be three times better than the 303.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I was in a meeting with an older engineer and it stunk like sh!t. I thought he may need grampers or have irritable bowel syndrome or something so I thought I'd just tough it out and keep quiet.
The following week we found several dead rats in the ceiling above the conference room. :help:

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
so I was in maryland doing some shuttlin. And I'm pretty new to the whole dh thing right. So on my second run .. i fly off my bike into a tree; like you do - broke the tree with my ass.

Attachments

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
when i was 15 years old, a drill bit broke when i was drilling, and went into the skin between my thumb and index finger...missed the tendon that controls my thumb by 1/8th inch. ill get pictures up in a few days.

when i was also 12 years old, there was a drill laying on the floor in my garage...i went in with no shoes, pivoted on my foot and the drill went straight into my foot. unfortunatly there is no scar from that.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Kiwi riders are tearing it up these days... unfortunately they find DH seats less comfortable than the normal woolen goodness they are used to mounting.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Jayridesacove said:
When I lived on Okinawa, I used to own a Skyline. I'm still trying to save up enough money to import it back to me in the states.

I hated but loved the Rock. You bad yankee!! Go back to United States yankee!! Stop blowing up our mountain yankee!

Man, was I glad when I rotated outta there!

As for my interesting story:

Was once told that some fellow grunts(infantryman) were out in the field for about a month. One grunt brought along a pockey p****y and proceeded to use it. He passed it around for all his platoon mates to borrow. Low and behold, they all contracted a venereal disease!

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
The other day when I was flying home from VA, I had to sit in next to this HUGE 400lbs person who started to ooze into my seat. I started getting angry when she took over the arm rest and flipped out when her whole arm was on my side of the seat. So I started yelling in her face and she started screaming cause she was sleeping and I woke up and she was scared or something and I picked up her arm and said "I believe this mass of skin belongs to you" and she got angry and started yelling at me; keeping in mind this is all happening on a sold out flight from VA, to AZ so everyone was starting to get angry at me and the fat lady. Then the stewardess came and found me another seat to sit in. She ended up moving me from couch to first class and treated me really well...I love that lady and she loves me.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
i met Alissa Milano on her 16th birthday. TRUE STORY! the rumor was that she was bangin one of the hockey players on our AHL hockey team, the Utica Devils.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Dear President Bush:

Congratulations on your victory over all us non-evangelicals. Actually,
we're a bit ticked off here in California, so we're leaving you. California
will now be its own country. And we're taking all the Blue States with us.
In case you are not aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington,
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, all of the North East States, and
the urban half of Ohio.

We spoke to God, and she agrees that this split will be beneficial to almost
everybody, and especially to us in the new country of California. In fact,
God is so excited about it, she's going to shift the whole country at 4:30
pm EST this Friday. Therefore, please let everyone know they need to be back
in their states by then.

God is going to give us the Pacific Ocean and Hollywood. In addition, we're
getting San Diego. (Sorry, that's just how it goes.) But God is letting you
have the KKK and country music (except the Dixie Chicks).

Just so we're clear, the country of California will be pro-choice, pro-gay
marriage, and antiwar. Speaking of war, we're going to need all Blue States
citizens back from Iraq. If you need people to fight in Falujah, just ask
your evangelical voters. They have tons of kids they're willing to send to
their deaths for absolutely no purpose. And they don't care if you don't
show pictures of their kids' caskets coming home. So, you get Texas and all
the former slave states, and we get the Governator and stem cell research.
(We would love you to take Britney Spears off our hands, though. She IS from
the South, right?)<BR> <BR> Since we get New York, you'll have to come
up
with your own late night TV shows because we get MTV, Letterman, the Daily
Show, and Conan O'Brien. You get...well, why don't you ask your people at
Fox News to<BR> come up with something entertaining? (Maybe you should just
watch Crossfire. That's a really funny show.)

We wish you all the best in the next four years and we hope, really hope,
you find those missing weapons of mass destruction. Seriously.¬Ý Soon.

Sincerely,

California

Jul 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
3 somewhat interesting things!

my very first broken bone was 2 fractured vertibrae (C7 & T2), and I just got out of the halo (7 weeks), and I did it at big bear. whee!! (and i'm going back for more)

I made out with 2 chicks once, on a fairly public street corner, with people driving by. that was rad. lots of groping and what-not

I'm eating cheese and crackers right now, while listening to Dead Prez, while reading 'Autocad 2005 for dummies'.

tobias

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
As this is a very international 'community', are you/they prepared to ship to anywhere in the world? A lot of these online competitions/give-aways often has a 'for residents in the u.s. only'-clause.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i should win there's absolutely NOTHING interesting in this thread. i suppose i should read more than three pages i guess.

i broke my left leg on Mt. Hood Oregon. My left leg has always been my stronger leg, and was actually nearly an inch longer than my other leg. i've had to wear a lift since my teenage years to compensate for this. The break in the tibia was very close to my ankle as can be seen from the photo below. There wasn't much bone for the screws to secure too, so in order for the rod to be secured my doctor "cinched" the bones closer together. When i was healthy enough to stand on my own i measured myself by standing against a wall. i used to freak people out by showing an inch difference, but now i'm even steven, completely equal now. i can't say that my off kilter perspective has changed. i can now safely say that developed from when my mom swung me so high on the swing, i flew off and landed on my head. But ultimately evening myself up by this process was something quite quirky and indeed neither my physical therapist nor my doctor had heard anything like it.

i know this is random drawing, but c'mon.... how much more interesting can you get?

Just something that you all might find interesting, When the industry's top freeriders ride in the Whistler Valley area, they generally DON'T ride Whistler. Most of the real riding is in Pemberton and Squamish.
There are more trails here than anybody knows.. even locals who have lived here for decades are continually discovering old/unused trails, and more trails are built each year.. a person could ride here for a season straight and each day hit a new trail.. and still not do them all.

C-Ya at the bottom!

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
i have not once had a cavity, tooth that had to be pulled, broken bone, fractured bone, sprained joint, or anything. I ride my bike almost every day of the week, hard. I have, however been knocked out.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i'm 23 and i've owned 18 different bicycles. i need something that'll last....
all ranging from $100- $9400

Status
Not open for further replies.