Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh don't worry. Its happening here too.
Let me know if you need me to intervene. I'm here for you. Don't forget that.

If I had kids there'd probably be explosions and holes in the wall at this point. And given the current state of my joints and past injuries I'm pretty sure there'd be a 12 year old blowing a conch shell in front of my driveway claiming victory and waving a spear around at the neighbors screaming "piggy is dead!"

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
(Apologies in advance for the thread-drift...)

I know the Russian bots who originally post the memes you re-shit-post don't care about the inaccuracies as long as their memes stoke distrust of our democracy but Barbara Lee says hi!

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) was the lone 'no' vote in Congress against the war in Afghanistan in 2001, voting against an authorization for use of military force (AUMF) shortly after the 9/11 attacks.
At the time, she came under attack for being unpatriotic, even receiving death threats. Today, she feels vindicated.

And this:

The directionless Iraq War has killed over 4,100 U.S. soldiers, wounded or maimed more than 200,000 more, and delivered a devastating blow to our country's reputation and moral authority. It's time we honor the members of Congress who voted in 2002 to prevent the Bush administration's hasty rush into an unprovoked attack and occupation of Iraq.

Voter Breakdown
The dramatic, much-debated vote on Joint Resolution 114 was taken on Oct. 11, 2002. It passed the Senate by a vote of 77 to 23, and the House of Representatives by a vote of 296 to 133. In the end, 156 members of Congress from 36 states had enough information and personal insight and wisdom to make the correct decision for our nation and the world community.

Six House Republicans and one Independent joined 126 Democratic members of the House of Representatives in voting NAY. In the Senate, 21 Democrats, one Republic, and one Independent courageously voted their consciences in 2002 against the War in Iraq. These discerning, courageous leaders are exactly what our country needs to lead us out of the present abyss in Iraq under the Bush Administration. We can trust their judgment!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let me know if you need me to intervene. I'm here for you. Don't forget that.

If I had kids there'd probably be explosions and holes in the wall at this point. And given the current state of my joints and past injuries I'm pretty sure there'd be a 12 year old blowing a conch shell in front of my driveway claiming victory and waving a spear around at the neighbors screaming "piggy is dead!"
my kids are driving us bananas, but generally its not something an hour long bike ride around the neighborhood doesn't fix (weather permitting). but they are 5 and almost 3, that's pretty much their MO.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This really can't be stated enough. Everyone was screaming 'but we ain't new yawk' when things were spiking.

Take new york out of the picture and there is zero indication nationally that anything is declining. But it's america so I need it both ways and live off double standards. When deaths are rising but not where I live, we shouldn't consider new york. Now that new york is declining I also want the credit for that even though it doesn't apply to my state.
MA is also declining.
We’re basically same timeline and took comparable measures albeit a little earlier.

NY is what, 40% of national fatalities and 50% of cases.
It and the eastern seaboard are absolutely different than other parts of the country.
The population density, transportation hubs and living conditions simply don’t exist elsewhere.

I was up in NH today picking up a frame and it was a different world than MA, even in their covid ‘hotspot’.

Metered entry into store and no kissing hello but pretty normal after that. Stayed apart, paid cash, fondled parts then washed hands and on my way.

We’re balls deep in covid here, 10mi north of Boston
My across street neighbor died 3 days ago and his wife was hauled off today.
He was 2nd covid death in my small town, but was 90 and was occasionally hospitalized over past year.

Job we just finished was shut down for a bit because 2 interior carpenters tested positive.

Time will tell with other states and that’s their row to hoe. I’m more concerned with air travel still being allowed

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He was 2nd covid death in my small town, but was 90 and was occasionally hospitalized over past year.
that's brutal. this evening i was talking to one of my elderly neighbors, her husband passed a month ago of stomach cancer. he went peacefully at home at least. sadly she had to have a small funeral.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
MA is also declining.
We’re basically same timeline and took comparable measures albeit a little earlier.

It and the eastern seaboard are absolutely different than other parts of the country.
The population density, transportation hubs and living conditions simply don’t exist elsewhere.

I was up in NH today picking up a frame and it was a different world than MA, even in their covid ‘hotspot’.

Metered entry into store and no kissing hello but pretty normal after that. Stayed apart, paid cash, fondled parts then washed hands and on my way.

Job we just finished was shut down for a bit because 2 interior carpenters tested positive.

Time will tell with other states and that’s their row to hoe. I’m more concerned with air travel still being allowed
Your maths are off according to:

That's some sad and scary shit about your neighbors. Stay safe mang.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
point of reference, my county has twice as many cases as ***ALL of NH***. you're probably in a similar boat.
Last I checked my town was 50+\-
County was 10,600 and it doesn’t include any of ‘Boston’.

3 miles to south a small city has 69 deaths and 2100 cases. (That is in my county and case leader, last city before it gets really bad closer to city).
I don’t go there anymore despite there being great tacos.

NH is only bad where the Boston work commuters live.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
MA is also declining.

NY is the center but yeah, I guess I should say the NY area of influence.
I used to live in the southern end of the 'bowash' when I was a kid, with a father who worked commuter trains with one of the bigger railroad line owners up there. It's definitely unique. But that doesn't change what's outside that circle nationally. That "area" as massive as it is, is ahead of the rest of the country, you guys included. Cases are rising or proving 'sustained transmission' when you take 'the northeast urban' out of the math.

I know it's different there. But I'm talking more about what's about to happen in the rest of the country that thinks 'we done y'all! Party time!'

Just based on the behaviors of the public I've seen over the last month an a half, once transmission starts rising again, we fucked.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They now say Boston got it in early-mid January. Anyone riding MBTA must have been infected then, the trains and stations are shit. Way worse than an average 3rd world country. I was many times crammed with obviously sick people in overcrowded train cars. We're getting over this because we got it early, not because of the government response, IMHO.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Your maths are off according to:

That's some sad and scary shit about your neighbors. Stay safe mang.
I was listening to Gov today, he was announcing new contact tracing program...we’re basically going S Korea here.

He mentioned that cases were ‘up’ due to rampant testing getting underway.
He referenced hospitalizations and deaths (or similar, I was driving) as the basis for his claims.

We’re starting loosening some restrictions now. Mostly retail with curbside pick up, some recreation etc.
MA is part of the northeast collective working on regional planning given proximity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last I checked my town was 50+\-
County was 10,600 and it doesn’t include any of ‘Boston’.

3 miles to south a small city has 69 deaths and 2100 cases. (That is in my county and case leader, last city before it gets really bad closer to city).
I don’t go there anymore despite there being great tacos.

yea it's all about perspective on things when it comes to population density. my township is around 300 cases and in the last few days we had our first 3 deaths. my county is adjacent to Philadelphia (highest case count over 15k i think) and we are second at like 4900. there's only 4 other counties in PA over 3000 cases. our state, despite having 52k or so cases, still has five counties with 5 or fewer cases.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
NY is the center but yeah, I guess I should say the NY area of influence.
I used to live in the southern end of the 'bowash' when I was a kid, with a father who worked commuter trains with one of the bigger railroad line owners up there. It's definitely unique. But that doesn't change what's outside that circle nationally. That "area" as massive as it is, is ahead of the rest of the country, you guys included. Cases are rising or proving 'sustained transmission' when you take 'the northeast urban' out of the math.

I know it's different there. But I'm talking more about what's about to happen in the rest of the country that thinks 'we done y'all! Party time!'

Just based on the behaviors of the public I've seen over the last month an a half, once transmission starts rising again, we fucked.
I agree.
Those rural areas are fucked given the sparse medical facilities if/when it lights up.
Boston just squeaked by and we have shitloads of hospitals.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
What's so gnarly is that the pseudo rural area I live in served by one hospital had a badass covid facility built set up.

They are now taking it down. In a tourist area, with rising temperatures in the urban feeder communities, with a state about to 'open up'.

Knowing this is happening in hundreds of other areas too..........here we go. Hold on to your hat. I've seen the public. They are not doing this right.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
One of my takeaways from this is that medical staff is trained to keep fucking around with people long after they should have died. This is one reason that my advanced healthcare directive says, essentially, leave me the fuck alone.
I have seen this far, far too many times. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. It gets really ugly when you have family members disagree and override someone's wishes with court orders.

Fuckin' people, man.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I went OTB on a small teeter at Silver Star. My 888 air wasn’t pumped nearly enough after I unpacked it from the flight. I thought I was hitting a small ladder drop, but the teeter tipped me way forward and I couldn’t pull out of a nose wheelie. I landed on my head and folded my neck. Busted C3/4 and was fully paralyzed from the neck down. C4 is right about where your nervous system operates the diaphragm, so I was on a vent. The vent ET tube (through the mouth) was awful. I took the offer to get the trachea hole upgrade and it was so much better. If ya gotta be on a vent for long, I highly recommend the neck hole for comfort.
View attachment 144777
Most places I've worked, we start looking at the trach option after roughly two weeks on a vent, if it doesn't appear we're going to be able to wean you off anytime soon.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My region has had no new reported cases in the last two weeks, a six lane testing station has just been set up in the last couple of days so it will be interesting to see if the stats change.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is REALLY hard to tell to be fair.

Come on man, stroke that hipster beard and get to work with the creativity. I give free lessons in microsoft paint (The program which is true proof of god's love of humanity)
found it the same place i found this....

20200506_072741.jpg

no longer have the beard.....it is the only place the grey hair shows...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pseudo rural
i find it hard to belive with as much traffic i have seen in the county i live in.....only three deaths so far.....but state parks open tomorrow....so those are going to be a shit show....

but i do see more sleestaks wearing masks while driving....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"reimagine"
The lastest buzzword I hate. I think I' ve hated it since I saw it used by Singer, the company "reimagining" old 911s and charging 1 million dollar for a car with barroque dials and argyle seats.
20200508_070851.jpg