Quantcast

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I went OTB on a small teeter at Silver Star. My 888 air wasn’t pumped nearly enough after I unpacked it from the flight. I thought I was hitting a small ladder drop, but the teeter tipped me way forward and I couldn’t pull out of a nose wheelie. I landed on my head and folded my neck. Busted C3/4 and was fully paralyzed from the neck down. C4 is right about where your nervous system operates the diaphragm, so I was on a vent. The vent ET tube (through the mouth) was awful. I took the offer to get the trachea hole upgrade and it was so much better. If ya gotta be on a vent for long, I highly recommend the neck hole for comfort.
View attachment 144777
Well that's one story, I have heard that your name was Six of Nine for a while but then they managed to snatch you back. ;)
Anyway, happy you made it back, dude!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I’m not even mad about teeters.
Well I'll be mad for you then. No place for that bullshit in mountainbiking!

God bless the bicycle. Glad you can get around on one. A simple pedal around the neighborhood has been some of the most liberating times of my life after injury.....absolutely nothing like what you dealt with.

So tell me about this back snatch. Asking for a friend. His name is @BurlyShirley

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
One of my takeaways from this is that medical staff is trained to keep fucking around with people long after they should have died. This is one reason that my advanced healthcare directive says, essentially, leave me the fuck alone.
hi....i'm susan....i'm here to prolong your hell...we can pad the bill....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm not sure I'd agree that that's the question they're asking when it comes to looking at different ways of addressing this.

For instance you can ask the population in sweden to not be idiots.

Over here, we all like DUURRRRRRRRRR

A handful of severe intoxication cases from intentionally drinking bleach have been reported in California, which is less than seen in some other states, including New York and Maryland.

That's why the sweden thing annoys me. The US and Sweden are on incredibly similar trajectories in terms of case and death rate growth. People in civilized first world countries generally aren't morons. We're exceptional. The exact same actions taken in sweden (which remember, has a functional health care system) would have disastrous effects here. We are literally not smart enough to do things right.

As far as a general statement on risk, my personal problem with the current situation is that I don't feel like the people around me are smart enough to do things correctly. That's based on watching behaviors here over the last two months. Hell, I got sick with some very familiar sounding symptoms in late march when we got the first snow storm we'd had in a while and the place was flooded with derpaderp overnight. But since I'm already such a hermit I know exactly where I caught whatever the hell that was....an absolutely packed rite aid that usually has like 5 people in it. I already see that exact behavior again, even after all the hooplah. That's dangerous.

I don't feel safe with these people on the roads either but we at least have a lot of systems in place to minimize problems in that realm. It's not perfect but it has a demonstrable effect. We don't have any of that shit in place for covid except for just 'don't go near people'. So until we have a good profile of infection, that's what we need to do while individual states figure out testing.
I don't post articles about other countries because I think america can or should follow suit.
They're just interesting covid related content that can offer insight into the future.
Hopefully some behavior that we can adapt will come out of their responses/methods to reopen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't post articles about other countries because I think america can or should follow suit.
They're just interesting covid related content that can offer insight into the future.
Hopefully some behavior that we can adapt will come out of their responses/methods to reopen.
Kidwoo is right, we are incapable as a population to make minimal sacrifice for the greater good.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Kidwoo is right, we are incapable as a population to make minimal sacrifice for the greater good.

Fucking americans.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Is the spike new deaths or newly reported deaths? Thought I heard NYC added 1500+ group home deaths a few days back.
WaPo has a spike from that with a note about it. This is from Worldometers, no spike. The weekly variation is due to lag in reporting weekend deaths.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
WaPo has a spike from that with a note about it. This is from Worldometers, no spike. The weekly variation is due to lag in reporting weekend deaths.
Looking at WM 7 day average US deaths have decreased, then flattened below 2k/day since late april. For now.
Given the erratic data reporting that's probably the best metric vs daily.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Looking at WM 7 day average US deaths have decreased, then flattened below 2k/day since late april. For now.
Given the erratic data reporting that's probably the best metric vs daily.
True. Another thing to consider is that we are like Europe. Many quasi independent regions.

Tri-state deaths are declining. But the rest of the country is collectively slowly increasing. In aggregate we are stable...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't think anyone has a good plan for what to do after the curve will have flattened. We can't wait for the virus to be completely eradicated, and a vaccine / cure may turn out to be a forever mirage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Nice! Soon no more US military. The saved budget can be used for better things!
Nah, it’s peacetime, they’ll look for any excuse not to accept someone during peacetime. Fewer people on the GI bill means more money for cool go-fast shit. Wait until we invade Greenland, then they’ll start accepting mildly dead Covid patients with an active case and face tattoos, then ask for more money to get the cool go-fast shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fair enough. I'm certainly guilty of thinking people share things because they support whatever is in them.
Pitfalls of links and no biting commentary.

Speak y'all!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tri-state deaths are declining. But the rest of the country is collectively slowly increasing. In aggregate we are stable...
This really can't be stated enough. Everyone was screaming 'but we ain't new yawk' when things were spiking.

Take new york out of the picture and there is zero indication nationally that anything is declining. But it's america so I need it both ways and live off double standards. When deaths are rising but not where I live, we shouldn't consider new york. Now that new york is declining I also want the credit for that even though it doesn't apply to my state.