Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My county is full of idiots. Even Hannah wears her fucking mask and gets upset if we leave and she doesn't have it. And SHE'S FUCKING TWO!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My county is full of idiots. Even Hannah wears her fucking mask and gets upset if we leave and she doesn't have it. And SHE'S FUCKING TWO!

I wasn't sure if you fell into the dumbness area or not when it was on the news a couple of days ago.

Good luck.

What I found even dumber on the news report last night was them delaying the mask mandate for another two weeks rather than it taking effect this week...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just walk outside and look at humanity for about 15 minutes.

It'll come back.
I will need to drive a bit. People in my neighborhood are actually wearing masks and distancing at near 100% compliance. On top of that people seem to have actually figured out how to wear masks properly. If it weren't for garbage strewn homeless camps I would think that I lived in the 1st world.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just dropped my 17yo off to get tested.
A member of the yacht club he works at tested positive and was at the restaurant when he worked last Thursday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Nick what's it like living in a communist totalitarian dictatorship which totally destroys your freedum by requiring you to wear a mask in public?

Do you need some Bruce Springsteen CD's and a Harley t-shirt smuggled to you?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I was surprised too.
17min test results done on-site (strip mall urgent care).
Not the brain scraper test, swab inside the nostrils only.
That and the fact that the potential time of infection is only 3 days ago would make me seriously question the result. I guess they did the rapid antigen test, where the presence of the virus is detected by an antibody against virus surface proteins.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That and the fact that the potential time of infection is only 3 days ago would make me seriously question the result. I guess they did the rapid antigen test, where the presence of the virus is detected by an antibody against virus surface proteins.
They may well be running the Abbott or Roche rapid tests, which are PCR, not antigen.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Nick what's it like living in a communist totalitarian dictatorship which totally destroys your freedum by requiring you to wear a mask in public?

Do you need some Bruce Springsteen CD's and a Harley t-shirt smuggled to you?
Libs are squashing my independence.

(Fun fact, my second guitar teacher and an old friend is in the Born in the USA video. )

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Maybe it was this test.
Or

I can’t find the other. Thought it was Roche but apparently not. It’s supposed to be more sensitive—Abbott’s is on the order of 50-65% sensitive, I've read.