Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Uhh, I'm no expert but did stay at the Holiday Inn in Pisgah a bunch of times, and I think that's one too many. Did you miss an appointment or test driving a new, designer, vaccine prototype and gettin all fancy n'shit ?
Had appointments and was cancelled twice. Chose Phizer on the online appointment form from the health department. Thursdays appointment is the result of a reschedule which involved 1:20 of being on hold and navigating the health department phone system.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sister-in-law-to-be and her dude got their first round of Moderna yesterday. Super happy for them, they've been pretty wound up about the whole thing this whole time... hoping they can relax a bit now. She works for the county, putting her in the last phase of the 1B group. He has Crohn's which I think also puts him in that group or even one before it... anycrap she's high-strung and over anxious about life in general and he's fairly seriously immunocompromised so it's nice they can chill now.

I'm also hearing anecdotes of Phase 2 (healthy general population under 50) folks being "in the right place at the right time" and being able to get a shot now. Apparently, if a pharmacy pulls and draws shots and then people cancel or don't show, some of those pharmacies are keeping a list of people to call to take those vaccines since Pfizer or Moderna shots would go to waste if not administered. This is all anecdotal of course, but I'm fairly certain it's happening based on the sources I've heard it from. While I certainly think there are people who are higher risk than others, and higher risk folks should go first (yes even the fatties)... I also think that we shouldn't waste any doses whatsoever... so just get that bad larry into someone's arm, even if that person is an otherwise healthy under-50-year-old, at this point.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Unsure exactly how, but two friends in their early 30s who aren’t in phase 1 at all got theirs at an LA county run drive up clinic, so yeah, somehow the youngsters are getting them. Unsure if it's because they had some extra doses or if they're really that caught up as we Ventucky residents are still pretty far behind due to the guy in charge not requesting enough vaccines.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Jayzus, that was stressful. Had to wait around for a bit in Walgreens among fucking mask-less assholes. Stopped going anywhere other than the studio back in October because of them. Walgreens has been the only place that I have been since.

But nao, I are vaccinated.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have not checked this for validity:

Your life, your child’s life, your mother, your loved one depends on how much money you make.

I make more money now than I did when I was 19 and I still have the same mother, therefore that link is stupid and you are a bad person for posting it.

That's some seriously heavy navel-gazing bullshit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In semi-related news, someone I know recently pulled an individual over for a suspected DUI, but had to let them go because they didn't smell alcohol on the guy's breath. Got back to the station, started to sanitize their vehicle, and realized they couldn't smell the cleaner. And that's how they found out they had covid.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Isnt the police consider first-line, thus priority on the vaccination queue?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They also retire at age 50 with massive pension and a free cadillac healthcare plan until the very end.
And that's one of the many reasons this corrupt state is broke, kids.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
They also retire at age 50 with massive pension and a free cadillac healthcare plan until the very end.
And that's one of the many reasons this corrupt state is broke, kids.
well, if good pensions and healthcare were easy to get... it would be hard to find enough recruits for the military, and by extension the police.

Its no coincidence the 1st world country with the largest army is also the one with the least developed social safety net,