Quantcast

Crashby goes to Europe

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
ummmm attention please... I called myself a 'tosser' a few posts back... Id like to retract that please.... thank you...

find out more here.

I'm off to get some "black stuff":devil: :p

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by Tweek
The old guy on the bike and the chicken on the left.
Bwhaaaahaaa! Crikey, I almost spit out my blackcurrent berry drink!

You got the old guy right... keep looking :p

"chicken".... thats rich...

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
"Hi David

We can supply a front suspension (hard tail) mountain bike for your use on 8 May. We may have a full suspension bike available but it is not as high quality specification. We will keep both bikes available for you on that date then you can choose (but I know which one I would prefer!) I am not sure if any others are riding as a group that day, but can certainly recommend some good single track rides when you come into the store for the bike.

let me know if you need any more info.

Regards

Peter
Cycle Scotland"

Methinks I'll take the hardtail...

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Crashby
ummmm attention please... I called myself a 'tosser' a few posts back... Id like to retract that please.... thank you...
Nuthin wrong with tossing. As long as it doesn't become compulsive. And compulsive is such a subjective word.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
You keep posting pictures and I wonder one thing... where's all this rain we keep hearing about? Sure looks nice and sunny there!

Looks like you're havin a good time.. glad to see it!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Last pic of Bristol for a bit... Im off to Edinburgh in a few hours... should allow for some new photo opps... looking forward to my ride on Saturday on my rented, non-brand specific hard-tail.

I hope the network is better at the next customer... hard to believe that the biggest bank in the UK has a connection that is slower than a 56k modem:rolleyes: ...also looks like all the phones were bought at "The Dollar(Pound/Quid) Store":p

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by slcpunk21
You keep posting pictures and I wonder one thing... where's all this rain we keep hearing about? Sure looks nice and sunny there!

Looks like you're havin a good time.. glad to see it!
...these pics are still from Mondays walk-about....

Looks like I can look forward to this for the next leg of my travels... (sheesh... and I thought Rochester was bad...:rolleyes:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
...made it to Edinburgh late last night... my apartment is more of a college student hostel, but will work once I get my broadband access... Certainly a different feel here than Bristol... landscape is a bit more, well, rugged.

Had a good steak dinner with a glass of warm, thick red across the way... met a ol' fashioned, large, drunk, bearded Scotsman who took in the last drops of his whiskey, slurred the word "absolute rubbish!" and staggered out the entry way.

It looks like some of the Scottish landscape is still around Edinburgh (castles, universities, etc.) but it has quite a developed industrial look to much of it. (pics to come soon)

"I never see a scene of Scotch beauty
without being thankful that I have beheld it before it has been breathed over by the angel of mechanical destruction..."

- Circuit Journeys (1847)

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ahhh... the American influence on the world... eating my steak last night and Michael Jackson's Thriller is playing overhead... no, not just the song... the entire album... taking a sip of red to Jackson’s "PYT" in the middle of Scotland is quite a surreal experience to say the least...

Switch on the tube in the hotel room and MTV's "The Osborne’s" is on.

This morning, while walking to Scottish Widows bank on Morrison St, a group of 4 young lads are in their Mini singing "We Built This City on Rock and Roll" at the top of their lungs....

and now..... On with the show...

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I still cant get used to having the left front seat being empty...

... cab ride to Bristol airport... everywhere you go, stone fences and lots and lots of lushness (it thats not a real word, it should be :p )

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by Crashby
other boy-os is the loo musta thought I was a wee bit daft when they heard me laghter over this one...

Ummm you bring a camera to the bathroom? Ok, I'm starting to get a little to much insite on you Crashby ;) :D

Awsome pics man, keep em comin! :thumb:

You ever think about maybe ummm forgetting to come home?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Keep the pics coming! Hey if you visit any CD stores see what they have in terms of Fish and or Marillion CDs!

Will you be visiting Princess Street Gardens?

Any chance you'll be near Haddington or Dalkeith on your journeys? If so, and you run in to a really tall big arsed scotsman that is kind of balding, ask him if he's Fish (aka Derek Dick). :) Then ask him how Hibernians are doing in football.:)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow awsome pics, what a great thread too.

just wanted to wish ya a safe trip!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Dammit! I will soon be working for a Euorpean travel company again and we do a tour in Scotland. I think I'll have to go! Right after I visit Italy and Ireland and....

(One of the benefits is getting to take a tours for free! All I'd pay for is airfare and some of my food!)
:D

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
long fekkin day ladz... Im workin two tiem zonez nao... and thee secend one lit off me arse!

boot eye took tyme off for a wee bite

this is the front lobby of Scottish Widows where Im earning my daily bread...:cool: