Quantcast

Fort William World Cup

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Barel will be dangerous for sure and probably will take it. But I hope for Minnaar, he was damn quick last year at Bill's.

So sad to hear about Steve Smith (North Americas great white hope ;) ).

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
oh yeah! drank too much last night felt like a sat night and I set my watch ... hahaha brilliant I will see it tomorrow.
fair play.....
great work on the freecaster site, love it! Rob Warner Rocks.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Those freecaster videos are high class. Music is great too. It´s such a luxary watching all this so easy. Thanks everybody.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
This is pretty fun. Maybe it´s been discussed already. Not that I want to bring up the subject, but the Mojo-rider has a pretty helpless expression written all over his face, haha poor guy.

"downhill is all about aero-dynamics". He is so full of*_.

http://www.freecaster.com/live/1000006_1004818

Last edited:

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
This is a whole other can o' worms to open up, but it's a race. Fastest wins, and aerodynamics on a course like Ft Bill will make a big difference.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I agree with you^. But to say that skinsuit or not, separate riders because of aerodynamics is not generaly true, for the majority of tracks.

Ok, I stop here. It´s been brought up too many times. Pardon me.

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
"You won 1 world cup in 1992 Rob, and made a 20 year career out of it!"

I'd say it's pretty darn good!

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
This is pretty fun. Maybe it´s been discussed already. Not that I want to bring up the subject, but the Mojo-rider has a pretty helpless expression written all over his face, haha poor guy.

"downhill is all about aero-dynamics". He is so full of*_.

http://www.freecaster.com/live/1000006_1004818

hahah yeah the Mojo guys face tells it all, when hes talking his mouth says one thing but his face says "......aw leave me alone, I knew I was going to get slagged off for this. and I know we look gay"

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
15 US riders(7 from Colorado) on the start list, I wonder how many will make the cut in qualifying?

Is qualifying tomorrow morning with the finals live on Freecaster later in the afternoon?

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
moneys not on any one, but i think it would be very cool if it were rennie or kovarik. both thoose guys need a win, and flat pedals and shred and yea

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I love the name of the Album it's on; Return to Cookie Mountain. I dare you to say it and not smile.

Anyway, the Freecaster videos won't play on my Comp...they just sit there any load forever and never play. I'm kinda sad.

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
I love the fact that despite some commanding performances by Sam in the past year or so, this is still anyones race. Minnaar, Peat, Atherton, Hill, Kovarik, Barel? Gonna be good.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
I'm not sure this is depressing or inspiring...

http://freecaster.com/live/1000006_1004825

Every so often I like to kid myself that I could've been a contender... :shocked:

(if only I'd started riding at 16 instead of 26, if only I wasn't so slow etc etc)

But really, the difference between these WC riders and the average joe is huge.

Looking forward to the race!

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
I'm also tipping Barel to win this one.

He was on the pace last round , but ran off course , crashed , picked up his bike , ran back up the hill to where he broke through the bunting and continued on only to lose by 4 seconds or so.

Thats impressive !

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I love the name of the Album it's on; Return to Cookie Mountain. I dare you to say it and not smile.
Sertainly did smile :) That song was the bomb, sounds like a Chicks On Speed production. Girly produced definately, lot of good girl rock/pop music has been comming in the last few years with that type of sound, Le Tigre etc.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I'm not sure this is depressing or inspiring...

http://freecaster.com/live/1000006_1004825

Every so often I like to kid myself that I could've been a contender... :shocked:

(if only I'd started riding at 16 instead of 26, if only I wasn't so slow etc etc)

But really, the difference between these WC riders and the average joe is huge.

Looking forward to the race!
Is that Matti? Very cool video. Too bad he got injured. He´s been consistent for so long with a little progression for each year. Also very impressed with how he has reached that level of riding so quick after resently breaking his back... Strong mind.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
that headcam with matti is amazing, he is such a quality rider, pity he got injured! hopefully his knee isn't too bad!!
what time does the qualifying start at? anyone know?