Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
In an attempt to keep this thread on track, I just dropped an order for a S4 Smash and some I9 Enduros to complement my Pedalhead on I9 Trail 270's.

Ill be playing around with my options, but the configurations that come to mind are:

Smash with 150mm Helm and I9 Enduro's
Smash with 140mm Ribbon and I9 Trail 270's
Pedalhead with 140mm MRP Ribbon and I9 Trail 270's

The plan is to have a bit heavier duty rubber on the Enduro wheelset (DD/EXO+ and perhaps Cushcore, at least in the rear) while keeping the Trail 270's setup a bit lighter (EXO+ rear, EXO front) for longer rides with more planned climbing.

If anyone is interested, I will be looking to move my 2018 Large GG Shred Dogg (which I have been running as a meat pistol with 29" hoops for some time now) in LamborGG; will come with Cane Creek 110 Headset and RS super Deluxe Coil.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
In an attempt to keep this thread on track, I just dropped an order for a S4 Smash and some I9 Enduros to complement my Pedalhead on I9 Trail 270's.

Ill be playing around with my options, but the configurations that come to mind are:

Smash with 150mm Helm and I9 Enduro's
Smash with 140mm Ribbon and I9 Trail 270's
Pedalhead with 140mm MRP Ribbon and I9 Trail 270's

The plan is to have a bit heavier duty rubber on the Enduro wheelset (DD/EXO+ and perhaps Cushcore, at least in the rear) while keeping the Trail 270's setup a bit lighter (EXO+ rear, EXO front) for longer rides with more planned climbing.

If anyone is interested, I will be looking to move my 2018 Large GG Shred Dogg (which I have been running as a meat pistol with 29" hoops for some time now) in LamborGG; will come with Cane Creek 110 Headset and RS super Deluxe Coil.
Go 160mm on the Smash and don't look back. Seriously.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
I’ll be trying 160mm out up front for sure at some point. The Helm is currently at 150mm on the Shred Dogg and I was going to try it out like that on the Smash without changing anything.

I can’t say that I find the fork to be lacking at 150mm travel for the majority of my local riding, but it does make a bit of sense to set the Helm to 160 as it would present a bit less overlap with the 140 Ribbon that I’ll be swapping in for lighter duty outings.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
The best thing happened the other day (Thursday), a particularly demanding, customer I had sold a trail pistol to and had admittedly been waiting a long time for his bike. (We got cc in some of his nasty grams to GG) We at the the shop had come to terms with an idea refund maybe required. However I see him pull up in his car grumpy face and all he starts ranting about how long and ridiculous his wait has been, he says I think I’m going to find something else they just can’t deliver my bike. We tell him that’s fine you can get something else or get a refund. As I’m saying this I was checking emails and after his 10 minute monologue boom shipping confirmation! I picked up my laptop and showed it to him... You want it or not?!? Timing couldn’t have been better!

Last edited:

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
I will say I’m surprised we haven’t sold the size 3 smash we have at the shop. I am not surprised we still have a shout and message hanging around, but I’m excited to try the shout on my smash.