Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
There's a bunch of nice little detail changes too besides carbon & stiffer.
* push through routing for derailleur housing
* built in brake hose clips
* better fit for stay protectors (less peeling)
* IGUS bushings at stay pivot
* 8x30 rear hardware (can use Fox & RS roller bearing hardware now)
* no more 3mm dish on rear wheel
* SRAM UDH
* 180mm post mount

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, all of those things were on purpose for improved refinements ^^^

Good catch on the 30mm wide hardware, that was definitely for the bearing mounts.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Is that whole 300 grams in the stays alone? Wouldn’t have guessed there was that much potential weight savings in those puppies.

How much for a set for my current TP? and when do the Revved handlebars and shovels launch?

Olga_icannot

Chimp
Aug 16, 2014
Seattle
Yes, all of those things were on purpose for improved refinements ^^^

Good catch on the 30mm wide hardware, that was definitely for the bearing mounts.
Nice work. Take a minute to bask in the awesomeness. Feels good? Great. Now, when do those refinements make it to the Megatrail?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
How much for a set for my current TP? and when do the Revved handlebars and shovels launch?
Yes, the 300g savings is combined between the Chainstay and Seatstay. With the move to IGUS and zero offset, the Revved rears are not compatible with alloy rears. Shooting for late 2021 for upgrade kits to release. Stay (no pun intended) tuned :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Would the kitsuma air fit in the frame?
Wait, do they not fit the current TP? If so it’s probably good that I didn’t drunkenly order one last weekend, because I was a Scotch and a half away from clicking buy

Yes, the 300g savings is combined between the Chainstay and Seatstay. With the move to IGUS and zero offset, the Revved rears are not compatible with alloy rears. Shooting for late 2021 for upgrade kits to release. Stay (no pun intended) tuned :D
Interesting that you would quote my question about handlebars, but not address it, is this your lizard way of saying they’ll be out in two weeks? Blink twice for yes :tinfoil:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
I could tell you. But then I would have to kill you.

But, if something as complicated as a Chainstay can be made from Revved Carbon, essentially anything can be made out of the material.

the question then is prioritization around tooling costs, addressable market sizing, and payback period for setup costs.

Fancy way of saying ... many possibilities, all being explored, with resources only to do one project at a time!

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Will alloy seat stay kits for the Gnarvana be made available again? Or will they be converted to carbon before they're available separately?
I don't know exactly, but I believe alloy stays will be back on pretty soon, for all the models.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
@mtg interesting about the use of bushings at the linkage pivot. Would love to hear more about this decision and execution. I understand the theoretical weight and stiffness advantages and obviously Turner had great success with them in the past (while Banshee did not).

Regardless, looks great! That is, aside from the fact that my alloy-contaminated Pistola is now unrideable and that my full aluminum megatrail may as well be cast into the abyss...

Unrideable GG content
IMG_0354.jpeg

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
From the press release:

Additional updates include:

Full Revved Carbon rear triangle. 300 grams lighter and 50% stiffer that improves power transfer while climbing and cornering precision.
Built on the Modular Frame Platform. The updated Trail Pistol fits seamlessly
into our line of modular frames.
External brake hose clip system: You’ll no longer find zip ties directly on our frame. The new brake hose system “clips, twists, and inserts” to secure the hose.
Internal swingarm cable routing. Feed the derailleur cable into the front of the swingarm, and it exits at the other end.
Molded rubber protector: a newly designed protector with recessed fit gives riders additional clearance between the crank arm and protector, and prevents catching or edge peel.
Pivot bushings, where they make sense: To create an even stiffer rear triangle interface, the updated Trail Pistol seatstay/swingarm pivot switches from ball bearings to long proven IGUS bushings for lighter weight, better fit, and a longer service life.
Off with the offset. The rear wheel is now centered (zero dish) on the Revved
Carbon rear triangle.
Permanently Plush. GG Riders agree: Plush/Crush Mode is better achieved by switching Seatstay Kits, which is why the Trail Pistol has been optimized to be permanently plush with increased small bump compliance.
Updated GG decals. Immediately adds 250 watts. Who needs an e-bike now?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
From the press release:

Additional updates include:

Full Revved Carbon rear triangle. 300 grams lighter and 50% stiffer that improves power transfer while climbing and cornering precision.
Built on the Modular Frame Platform. The updated Trail Pistol fits seamlessly
into our line of modular frames.
External brake hose clip system: You’ll no longer find zip ties directly on our frame. The new brake hose system “clips, twists, and inserts” to secure the hose.
Internal swingarm cable routing. Feed the derailleur cable into the front of the swingarm, and it exits at the other end.
Molded rubber protector: a newly designed protector with recessed fit gives riders additional clearance between the crank arm and protector, and prevents catching or edge peel.
Pivot bushings, where they make sense: To create an even stiffer rear triangle interface, the updated Trail Pistol seatstay/swingarm pivot switches from ball bearings to long proven IGUS bushings for lighter weight, better fit, and a longer service life.
Off with the offset. The rear wheel is now centered (zero dish) on the Revved
Carbon rear triangle.
Permanently Plush. GG Riders agree: Plush/Crush Mode is better achieved by switching Seatstay Kits, which is why the Trail Pistol has been optimized to be permanently plush with increased small bump compliance.
Updated GG decals. Immediately adds 250 watts. Who needs an e-bike now?
so wait were their changes to the front triangle?

is plush/crush mode going away for all models?