Quantcast

Help with some burly hardtail pics...

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by kuma
Well...it's 42 lbs and I don't think I'll ever be able to break it. Finally finished it after starting it in September of last year. Big thanks to Alain for all the 24 swag. Built it up as a DH hardtail but having fun with it all over the place. Even with the Monster up front, with it's short wheelbase, this thing rides up on its rear wheel almost at will. Make of it what you will!

very nice!!! i bet that thing is a blast to ride with the monsters!

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Thats a le toy II
The 1 has no gussets.
the two has two holes in the headtube gusset
the 3 has 3 holes in the headtube gusset.

here's a guy gt ruckus, though for some reason after repeated 7 foot to flat drops the z.1 was creaking alot
Gt Ruckus

mtbtuc8700

Chimp
Nov 14, 2001
CT
Man Burly hardtails are great! I hope I can get a new one soon I can post a pic of, but the FS comes first right now.

I agree this should be a STICKY
:D

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by Warped
ah, my fav park bike.
wow. wow. i am speechless. never seen a pb with a dc on it. that look sick, haven't heard great things about the stratos but still....it looks so sick. gawd i want a parkbike so bad. also, its funny seeing andrejs' old mm and then looking at his new one. its amazing how hardcore the minuteman is. SOON very soon ill get mine up here...

MAKE STICKY!

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
which MM is Andrejs new one? is it the red one or the black one with the super t's?

i used to talk to him a lot about the blue one with the monsters. what board(s) has he been hangin out at?

here's another pic too.

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
what bike is that? um not sure where andrejs' been , yea i remember sein the first pics of his blue mm on mtbr. they inspired me to get a mm. i am forever thankfull. the new one is the one that looks 10x more hardcore i.e. the jr.t atomic rims etc etc (yes i kno the monster is 10X more hc than a jr.t but you gotta admit his newer one just looks WAY thicker.)

whoa! just noticed the STEM on that thing. GOOD LORD thats massive. whew!

M

M.W.

Stickify this thread!!

Heh, that way I don't have to dig around when I get the pics I took of my bike tonight developped...

Anyway, here's an oooold (last feb. or so, it's been completely dessasembled and has sat as a frame at least twice since then) pic. of it...
Right now it's got some Raceface cranks, 24" rear wheel w/ Vbrake, no front brake, 24-7 bars, a super-ghetto 1speed setup, and some other doohickeys on it...

It's not particularily burly (actually, as pictured, it weighed about 45lbs...), but it's a hardtail, so 1 out of 2...

Attachments

A

a13x

Jesus a few of those bikes look like they were assembled by a deaf/dumb/and blind mountain goat.

That pink 24/7 bike? with a yellow deemax and orange fork.. UGH
the one below it.. green DW's, gray frame, and red seat/chainring? WTF are you thinking!

that nicolai reminds me of something i've seen before... it's so strange... like deja vu.. i'm sure it will come to me thou.

M

M.W.

Originally posted by a13x
Jesus a few of those bikes look like they were assembled by a deaf/dumb/and blind mountain goat.

That pink 24/7 bike? with a yellow deemax and orange fork.. UGH
the one below it.. green DW's, gray frame, and red seat/chainring? WTF are you thinking!

that nicolai reminds me of something i've seen before... it's so strange... like deja vu.. i'm sure it will come to me thou.

That Nicolai makes me scared... It definately has an evil presence... ;)

Speaking of ugly bikes, what's with that damn orange one with the two toptubes?? What were they thinking when they designed that!? "Oooh, one toptube is cool! Let's make 2, that'll be DOUBLE COOL!!" :D ;) j/k

A

a13x

hahah no kidding. i heard a drunk monkey sketched it on a napkin 49 years ago and some dude in boston thought i'd be a good idea. IJIOT

Originally posted by Warped

very nice!!! i bet that thing is a blast to ride with the monsters!
...indescribable ride. With the slacked head angle, small wheels, and short wheelbase, it rides like a BMX bikes that likes to be tipped over. An unusual feeling but boy is it fun! I think it's the closest "feel" you can get to riding a motorcycle without actually riding one. I know because riding my toy brings back memories of my motorbike days ;)

Originally posted by M.W.
Stickify this thread!!
Anyway, here's an oooold (last feb. or so, it's been completely dessasembled and has sat as a frame at least twice since then) pic. of it...
Right now it's got some Raceface cranks, 24" rear wheel w/ Vbrake, no front brake, 24-7 bars, a super-ghetto 1speed setup, and some other doohickeys on it...

It's not particularily burly (actually, as pictured, it weighed about 45lbs...), but it's a hardtail, so 1 out of 2...
How'd you get it to weigh 45 lbs? I've got a Monster-T, Profile DJ cranks, 24" DW w/ 3-inch Kujos and it still only weighs 42 lbs. That must be one heavy heavy frame!

M

M.W.

Originally posted by kuma

How'd you get it to weigh 45 lbs? I've got a Monster-T, Profile DJ cranks, 24" DW w/ 3-inch Kujos and it still only weighs 42 lbs. That must be one heavy heavy frame!
The frame weighs a lot. It's pretty much a big BMX frame (made by GackBMX). It's got a really long steel seatpost. And beyond that, I have NO IDEA how I got it soo heavy. That stem is pretty hefty, and those bars weigh a ton... I dunno. When I first picked it up I just about tore my arm off cuz I was expecting it to be LIGHTER than my FS bike...

*Edit*: Oh yeah... MAKE THIS A STICKY!!!

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
To answer the question about Andrejs,
he goes by rollie on dropmachine.
he has a super t, he has a monster t in his basement, it has too much travel (or so he says)
his first bike

here's his new one

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
yea i think all those got posted before already and i pointed out a few posts up which ones were his. but thanks for pointin out where hes been hiding all this time :p send him on over here! and tell him to send his bike to me! (ill pay shipping).

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
What's the deal? I've seen a couple of Cove Stiffee's in this thread, but no Stiffee SL's. Those frames suck or something?

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Yuornamehere..
heres a little sum sum i did on photoshop
NICE!!! First photoshop mod like this that I see with both wheels level. Hey, wait a min, that's my frame!!!:D Gonna post pic ASAP of my beast. For now, here's the specs (final, I have all the parts in my basement, no I wont change anything until I get some $$ :P)

colour Flat Rally Blue
frame Kona Chute 2002
fork Marzocchi Z1 MCR 130mm travel Red/Silver
derailleur Front: Shimano Deore 34.9
Rear: Shimano Deore XT
Shifters: Front: Shimano Deore
Rear: Shimano Deore LX 9spd
BB Truvativ DH ISIS Splined
chain KMC Z920
pedals Planet X Clingon 2 Semi- Sealed white
bar Bontrager CrowBar XXX DH, 40-58mm , 28¡¨ width
stem On-One Reetard 45mm
headset WTB Grease Guard Momentum black 1 1/8" „³ FSA The Pig
grips Oury Red
brakes Fr: Hayes Purple DH Hydraulic disc brake
Rr: XTR v-brake / LX lever „³ Avid Speed Dial Lever
saddle Marzocchi Karve Black leather & kevlar w/ Red & Slvr logo
Seatpost

seat collar Kona QR Blk

rims FR: Sun Rhyno Lite Blk / RR: Sun Big Fat Mammoth Blk/Slvr
hubs FR: Formula Disc S.B. Blk / RR: Shimano Deore Blk
tires Fr: Tioga Factory DH FAT66 Kevlar 2.5"
Rr: Tioga Factory DH FAT66 Kevlar 2.1¡¨ „³Tioga Factory DH 2.3¡¨
crankset Truvativ Hussefelt ISIS 175mm 22/32/MRP
chainguide MRP Long Range Patrol 30-34T

Cassette Shimano HG 50

Cables:Shimano XTR w/ Jagwire Housings

Y

Yuornamehere..

ya i liked how that turned out. im only 15 and have been working on photoshop for about two months. that only took like 5 minutes. easy one. i did that huge brooklyn one with moto fenders but my computer got a virus and i dont have it any more. i love photoshop.:D that chute is a sick bike too

A

Atomic

Originally posted by hardtail_schmuk
BUMP! we can't let this die
Maybe should we do a petition so it becomes a sticky??

WE WaNT IT TO BE A STICKY!!!!!!

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Originally posted by diesel

wow. wow. i am speechless. never seen a pb with a dc on it. that look sick, haven't heard great things about the stratos but still....it looks so sick. gawd i want a parkbike so bad. also, its funny seeing andrejs' old mm and then looking at his new one. its amazing how hardcore the minuteman is. SOON very soon ill get mine up here...

MAKE STICKY!
You must not be looking very hard. I posted a pic of my Brooklyn with a Mr T, way back in this thread. Granted a 4" Mr T isn't nearly as big as a 7" (correct?) Stratos.

--Sam B

Warped

Monkey
Dec 31, 2001
Illinois
Originally posted by Sam B

You must not be looking very hard. I posted a pic of my Brooklyn with a Mr T, way back in this thread. Granted a 4" Mr T isn't nearly as big as a 7" (correct?) Stratos.

--Sam B

5" it's an S5. you bike looks pretty sweet, btw

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
its not wath i call "Burly"...but its ****ing nice...and fast...its a real dual racing machine...Pat also ad funn doing back flip in the dirt comp with that ferrari PK...

Attachments

A

Atomic

Originally posted by Daman
its not wath i call "Burly"...but its ****ing nice...and fast...its a real dual racing machine...Pat also ad funn doing back flip in the dirt comp with that ferrari PK...

I love this bike :Love: :love: :love:

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
Hey Alain, someone even beat you to it a couplepages before! But thats a different angle. I still like your bike more.